Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

first movie for me I'd love to see penguin and black mask. I liked the earth one approach when penguin was a crime lord and in the running for mayor of gotham; with penguin having a gang war with roman sionis, batman is caught in the middle trying to take down the soon to be mayor and the notorious crime lord at the same time. and at the end of the movie we get a riddler cameo like at the end of earth one.

Can't believe I left out Hush and Black Mask. :up:

Christoph Waltz for Hugo Strange?
christoph-waltz-2010-3-7-19-55-48.jpg

I think so.

I think so.

As long as we get a thrilling interrogation scene and he is called "The Batman Hunter".

first movie for me I'd love to see penguin and black mask. I liked the earth one approach when penguin was a crime lord and in the running for mayor of gotham; with penguin having a gang war with roman sionis, batman is caught in the middle trying to take down the soon to be mayor and the notorious crime lord at the same time. and at the end of the movie we get a riddler cameo like at the end of earth one.
kind of already done in batman returns.

Riddler. He's the most famous villain that has not been done recently and he deserves another (better) cinematic incarnation.

I think it would be cool to have a real hard action tone (with some great fight choreography for once) and have a new crime boss character (preferably Black Mask, but again, it could Penguin, or even Scarface) decide to consolidate power by very publicly removing the Batman from the equation, and putting up a ridiculous bounty. Then all these crazy assassins and mercs come out of the woodwork to take on Batman. You could do Deadshot, Lady Shiva, David Caine (maybe hint at a past rivalry between him and Bruce), even Deathstroke. Some would be in it for the money, some for the challenge, some with a personal interest. IT would make for a totally different, totally badass Batman film.

That sounds awesome.

And my god, that Hugo Strange/Christoph Waltz idea is amazing.

I like Black Mask; gives it a very horror-movie angle to it.

Ventriloquist is always one that interested me. But if they go for that they better get Jeff Dunham (.com! :hehe: ) or it's a complete miss and fail.

Black Mask and Reaper/Phantasm.

Hugo Strange indeed. Still surprised Nolan didn't use him in any of his films. Black Mask should be considered also.

I would be interested in Strange primarily if they adapted the Prey storyline from Legends of the Dark Knight. He was truly disturbing in that. Plus, I love the idea of his assisting the police on a Batman profile and manhunt, with Gordon forced to lead the taskforce, working to throw Strange off Batman's scent without trying to reveal his hand. You would need to add another villain to flesh it out, maybe a street level menace for a murder mystery kind of vibe; Killer Croc, Mr. Zsasz, or maybe a version of Cornelius Stirk.

I would love to see the Phantasm in live action but hesitant because they can easily f*** it up.

Riddler. He's the most famous villain that has not been done recently and he deserves another (better) cinematic incarnation.

Agree 100% with this. I would personally love to see Mr. Freeze done properly.

But I honestly feel the first film will include The Joker

I think so.
H.F.S. I was just thinking that last night!! He'd be perfect as Hugo or if Marvel snatches him up for Zemo i'd be ok with that as well.

Agree 100% with this. I would personally love to see Mr. Freeze done properly.

But I honestly feel the first film will include The Joker

They're not gonna go with Joker for a while. The inevitable comparison to Ledger will want to be avoided and probably for good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"