Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

Because Batman is so successful, well-known, and been around for so long, I feel like he's the one comicbook character that can have villains show up in a film and not need introductions or origins... especially after Nolan's trilogy.

I think the next Batman movie should be more like Arkham City... where several villains (Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, etc) all play a role in a huge criminal plot and Batman battles all of them. Even the common filmgoer will know who these characters are and not need an origin story for them...

Yes, though vampires are a bit overexposed at the moment.

Yes, though vampires are a bit overexposed at the moment.

He wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be a CONFIRMED vampire. He could be shrouded in mystery, no one really knowing what he is.

I think with the new reboot films, if they are going for a total rehaul and don't want to be compared to what Nolan was doing with his films, they really need to steer clear of the whole "Mob Storylines" it was pretty much the theme to those films, fighting and taking out organized crime. Which worked beautifully for Nolan, but when a new director steps in, he or she would need to take the franchise in a new direction.

I would love to see a thriller/horror take on a Batman film and would love to see the following villians used:

ManBat - Soloman Grundy - Killer Croc - Mr. Freeze - Scarecrow - Clayface

And if they really do get The Justice League Dark franchise going, you could have a potential cameo with Swamp Thing, by having Batman chasing down Killer Croc or Soloman Grundy in the swamps

Deadshot...I can't say I have ever understood the appeal. At his core, he is a flippant gunslinger in a bright red suit. His use in a story is inevitably going to be in an 'enforcer' or henchman type role, but surely the Batman universe has many more interesting characters that can fulfill the same role? The fact that Deadshot uses ballistics alone probably prevents a show-down being especially interesting, anyway.

The Seven Men of Death might be more entertaining.

htWh8HO.gif

Yesss! Classic Joker! That's the way I would love to see mr J on the big screen. His lips should be red but the rest is spot on IMHO. The costume is faithful to the comics and not too much over the top (like some of Nicholson's were) and his skin and hair don't look too artificial. Very nice.:joker: And I love that in this piece of fan art they don't add nose and chin prothestics to the actor. This guy's face says "Joker" without them - and that's the way to go.

Last edited:
It's kinda funny that this guy does a much better job on Joker costumes and make-up than Hollywood ever did. Nicholson's Joker looked like a guy with white make-up and Ledger's Joker was a guy with white make-up.
This pal here does it right. "Wunderbar" as we say in Germany.

Deadshot is boring. Nuff' said.

I agree. He could work for the mob, the Penguin, Black Mask or whoever though. As a minor character I would not mind him. But I don't see his appeal.

There are so many Batman villains that are way more interesting.

Start the reboot with no villains. I liked the early stories where Batman was starting out and taking down random mobsters.

And Year One is still the best origin story.

Nicholson's Joker looked like a guy with white make-up

With the disfigured smile, elongated chin and everything? :huh:

Batman.jpg

Yeah man, that just looks like some guy who threw on white makeup. :o

I really, really don't want yet another origin story, particularly if it is Batman Begins Beating Up Guys in Grey Suits. That is more Nolan-y than Nolan, in the pejorative sense. At least he got Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul and Zsasz in there.

With the disfigured smile, elongated chin and everything? :huh:

Batman.jpg

Yeah man, that just looks like some guy who threw on white makeup. :o

I think he means the fact that you can tell it's make up. But that is down to not having make-up as light as we do today.

For Nightwing movie: Deathstroke, Blockbuster and Black Mask

Following the mold of TDKT for a Batman reboot with a main villain, secondary, and mob moss type:

Main: Mr. Freeze Secondary: Clayface,Mob Boss: Penguin

Main: Joker Secondary: Harley Quinn, Joker's henchman: Killer Croc, Catwoman (as barely an ally/love interest),

Main: Hush Secondary: Riddler Secondary: Poison Ivy

I like the idea of Arkham City as a jumping off point into the new Batman/DCU on film. I'd change it a bit from the game so Ras wouldn't be behind the whole thing , but I do like the idea of Hugo Strange and Hush being behind it. You could have major baddies like Joker, Riddler, Two Face, Mr Freeze along with minor ones like Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy.

If it's going to be based on the Arkham Asylum format...then all of them.

I've recently been watching the old animated series again, if they could do Mr Freeze like in that, it would be great, they had the voice for Freeze nailed in that show! With todays technology too I think visually they could make some awesome actions scenes, etc.

I can imagine a Freeze/Penguin combination. They are psychological opposites with a compatible motif. It wouldn't be difficult to fashion a compelling team up/double cross story around them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"