Which was worse?

Kurt Wagner

Sidekick
Reaction score
Which was worse- Organic webbing OR Green Goblin Costume?

I think I'd choose the green goblin costume because it look like crap and made no sense at all. If it was suppose to be a military outfit, then why the hell was it designed like an alien costume? The fact that there was no USA military logos on the suit anywhere made it look even less like a military suit. Plus the suit was one piece, which would make it difficult for a soldier to get in and out of teh suit without assistance.

i know this is the wrong forum, I meant to post it in the spider-man forum, but I guess I was in this one and didnt realize it.

This thread sucks and should be closed, what a waste. Stop dwelling in the past and move the f uck on and yeah it is in the wrong forum!!

Danger Danger Mods

Close this thread before Baker Boy and Mr. Parker see it

Neither of them were THAT bad....

I never had a problem with the organic webbing.Goblins costume wasnt the best though.

The organic webbing made sense, but the Goblin costume was all wrong,A GOBLIN WITH NO PURPLE BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG's costume was horrible, but it was easily overlooked. Besides, Doc Ock's costume makes up for GG.

Organics aren't my preference, but I can live with them.

Green Goblin's costume made sense... If you were flying on a Glider 100's of feet above the streets and were in combat a lot wouldn't you want some sort of protection.. I still think it was goofy but, it made more sense then skimpy tights...

I STILL don't see why people make such a big deal about organics... How that could ruin a movie for someone is a paradox for me, but ohhh well.. Let trolls be trolls.

GG's costume.

It served its purpose and all, sure. It functioned. But I think this is one of those times when they should have sacrificed function for a little style.

The web-shooters do not bother me one bit. Would I prefer mechanical? Yes. Will I swear that the movie sucks and start calling it "man-spider" because of the organics? No.

I loved the first one, but I would still change the GG's costume. It just didn't do it for me, when Willem Dafoe's facial expressions under prosthetics would have been far more frightening.

Prosthetics would have been interesting to see, and it would have given the goblins face a more fleshed out look.

Either way, I have to give them props for not using the goblin's purple man-purse. I just don't think there was any place for that thing in the movie...

Originally posted by LarryLegend
Danger Danger Mods

Close this thread before Baker Boy and Mr. Parker see it

Please.... We don't need another idiotic "man-spider" statement on these boards.:rolleyes:

Look at my sig, the Fake-Mens costume were much worst than any costume in Spider-Man.

BTW why must you troll these boards?

I'm pretty sure the Matrix didn't invent leather. Not positive, but pretty sure.

Also, if anybody's costume is a rip-off the Matrix, I would have to say it's Doc Ock's, but that's with a gun to my head.

Originally posted by I SEE SPIDEY
Look at my sig, the Fake-Mens costume were much worst than any costume in Spider-Man.

Yes, because people in the Matrix wore tight, leather jumpsuits? The designers for X-Men went with pratical uniforms.. If you were fighting people would you want to be in skin tight spandex which offers no protecting or heavy leather that will protect your skin from getting cut if you slid on the ground.

And how ridiculous would yellow spandex on screen? :confused:

Originally posted by snazzy J
I'm pretty sure the Matrix didn't invent leather. Not positive, but pretty sure.

Also, if anybody's costume is a rip-off the Matrix, I would have to say it's Doc Ock's, but that's with a gun to my head.
It'd make more sense then saying that X-Men are... But eh, that doesn't take away from the badass=ness of Ock at all..

Originally posted by snazzy J

Doc Ock isn't wearing all black so no his costume isn't ripping of the Matrix and I didn't say the that the Matrix invented leather but more movies than ever did use it after it came out in 1999.

He posted his opinion without offending anybody, and he gave reasons for his opinions. Is that trolling? No it's not.

I think GG's costume was far worse than organic webbing. Even if it made more sense for GG to have armor instead of spandex, his costume could have been better, IMO.

Using organic web-shooters was a horrible mistake, and I know why they did it. James Cameron wrote a disgusting, heathen scriptment for Spider-Man that featured organic mutations instead of scientific prowess. Thankfully, they didn't let Cameron direct the movie, but they had his stuff on file. They intended to use mechanical web-shooters, but the props were giving them trouble. They figured "hey, we have Cameron's monstrous idea, and it would save on props, time, and it looks smoother." Lazy bastards. That's all it is, laziness. They had a way out, and they took it. I condemned them to the deepest pits of hell for that decision, but when the movie out, I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. Cameron's scriptment put a lot of emphasis on the "man-spider" metamorpohisis, and Sam Raimi's movie did not. They didn't swell on it or make it overtly disgusting, so it went down easy and didn't make me vomit. Next to the bigger mistakes they made in the movie, their glossed-over webshooter bastardization looked like nothing.

The Green Goblin suit has a different problem for me. Instead of being badly conceived, but better in appearance on screen, it's the opposite. I like the idea of the suit and glider being a military contract for Osborn. However, their is no excuse for that costume. Why does it look like an alien costume, you ask? Because Sam Raimi is a punk in many ways, and one of those ways is recycling actors (including his brother), material, and designs. He directed "M.A.N.T.I.S." Don't remember it? Don't feel bad. Point is, it's a similar costume, designed very insect-like. I would much, much rather see the Goblin in scaly, rubbery, non-segmented armor with a purple tunic over it than the Power Ranger special we got treated to in 2002. An insane villain like the Goblin needs a face that has expression. They should have used prosthetics.
Don't go dissing the man-purse. It's classic, it's true to source material, it's functional, and it goes with his stocking cap, purple jogging suit and pointy shoes. Gobby's got his own fashion goin' on.

Originally posted by WeeZiTe
It'd make more sense then saying that X-Men are... But eh, that doesn't take away from the badass=ness of Ock at all..
Yeah, he looks like a bad mother****er. I'm just saying that, if I was forced to pick one costume that looked the most Matrix-y, I would have to say his. But, like I said, that's with a gun to my head.

Doc Ock isn't wearing all black so no his costume isn't ripping of the Matrix and I didn't say the that the Matrix invented leather but more movies than ever did use it after it came out in 1999.
Ock is wear a trenchcoat and sunglasses... Which Matrix made possible. He's also sporting tentacles that look like Matrix tentacles...

I'm not saying Sony stole the ideas.. I'm just saying if I had to choose the X-Men or Ock on reminding me of the Matrix, it's Ock.

The GG's costume was definitely a disappointment.Hopefully they do better with Harry's.

Originally posted by WeeZiTe
Ock is wear a trenchcoat and sunglasses... Which Matrix made possible. He's also sporting tentacles that look like Matrix tentacles...

I'm not saying Sony stole the ideas.. I'm just saying if I had to choose the X-Men or Ock on reminding me of the Matrix, it's Ock.
Exactly. Also, the Matrix didn't invent black either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"