Which was worse?

Matrix did not invent black.
Matrix did not invent trench coats.
Matrix did not invent sunglasses.
Matrix did not invent metallic tentacles.

Saying Ock's movie look was influenced by Matrix is bull****. Ock had that exact same look in the comics years before Matrix was even conceived in the mind.

As far as X-Men goes, I can't even see how that could possibly be compared to Matrix in any way.

Originally posted by WeeZiTe
Green Goblin's costume made sense... If you were flying on a Glider 100's of feet above the streets and were in combat a lot wouldn't you want some sort of protection.. I still think it was goofy but, it made more sense then skimpy tights...

I STILL don't see why people make such a big deal about organics... How that could ruin a movie for someone is a paradox for me, but ohhh well.. Let trolls be trolls.

Yeah you're right. Sam said that his suit was designed to go into arial battle. However, the concept of the suit was great but the design could of been WAY better.

Originally posted by arachnid-kid
Matrix did not invent tench coats.

Saying Ock's movie look was influenced by Matrix is bull*****. Ock had that exact same look in the comics years before Matrix was even conceived in the mind.

Course I can't even see how X-Men could possibly be compared to Matrix in any way.

I've been waiting for months to read a reply like that.

I completely agree.

Matrix did not invent tench coats.

Saying Ock's movie look was influenced by Matrix is bull*****. Ock had that exact same look in the comics years before Matrix was even conceived in the mind.

Course I can't even see how X-Men could possibly be compared to Matrix in any way.

Well said.

Ock is wear a trenchcoat and sunglasses... Which Matrix made possible. He's also sporting tentacles that look like Matrix tentacles...

I'm not saying Sony stole the ideas.. I'm just saying if I had to choose the X-Men or Ock on reminding me of the Matrix, it's Ock.

I do not believe The Matrix had anything to do with Doctor Octopus new look, the filmmakers are just updating Ock's look from the comics. :)

Ock is wear a trenchcoat and sunglasses... Which Matrix made possible. He's also sporting tentacles that look like Matrix tentacles...

Trench coats and sunglasses were a possibility in 1920. Um....the tentacles in Matrix were a ripoff of Ocks tentacles in the spidey comics. :o

I'm not saying Sony stole the ideas.. I'm just saying if I had to choose the X-Men or Ock on reminding me of the Matrix, it's Ock.

I can understand that. Afterall, the taste of froglegs reminds me of the taste of chicken, and they're completely unrelated in any kind of way.

People, me and WeeZiTe weren't saying Doc Ock is a ripoff of the Matrix. We were just saying that Ock looks more like he's from the Matrix than the X-Men.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I just figured I'd might as well make that post.

Why? Because I KNOW some imbecile is going to wander into this thread any minute now and go off on that ridiculous "Ock=Matrix Ripoff" claim.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I just figured I'd might as well make that post.

Why? Because I KNOW some imbecile is going to wander into this thread any minute now and go off on that ridiculous "Ock=Matrix Ripoff" claim.
I gotcha, I just don't want anybody mistaking one of us for that imbecile.

Where's the neither option? I mean seriously, the GG costume was designed for praciticality,NOT FOR FANBOYS! OH, and don't blame Sam Raimi and Sony for organics ,blame James Cameron who came up with the idea. (End Rant)

Originally posted by Kurt Wagner
Which was worse- Organic webbing OR Green Goblin Costume?

NEITHER...imo.

Although, the organic webbing idea is a bit disgusting, but still, it's quite cool in a way, imo.

If I were Spider-Man (and I will be, someday, once the experiment is done), I'd prefer the organic webbing, so I was apparently one of few who didn't think twice about it.

Originally posted by Herr Logan
Using organic web-shooters was a horrible mistake, and I know why they did it. James Cameron wrote a disgusting, heathen scriptment for Spider-Man that featured organic mutations instead of scientific prowess. Thankfully, they didn't let Cameron direct the movie, but they had his stuff on file. They intended to use mechanical web-shooters, but the props were giving them trouble. They figured "hey, we have Cameron's monstrous idea, and it would save on props, time, and it looks smoother." Lazy bastards. That's all it is, laziness. They had a way out, and they took it. I condemned them to the deepest pits of hell for that decision, but when the movie out, I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would. Cameron's scriptment put a lot of emphasis on the "man-spider" metamorpohisis, and Sam Raimi's movie did not. They didn't swell on it or make it overtly disgusting, so it went down easy and didn't make me vomit. Next to the bigger mistakes they made in the movie, their glossed-over webshooter bastardization looked like nothing.

The Green Goblin suit has a different problem for me. Instead of being badly conceived, but better in appearance on screen, it's the opposite. I like the idea of the suit and glider being a military contract for Osborn. However, their is no excuse for that costume. Why does it look like an alien costume, you ask? Because Sam Raimi is a punk in many ways, and one of those ways is recycling actors (including his brother), material, and designs. He directed "M.A.N.T.I.S." Don't remember it? Don't feel bad. Point is, it's a similar costume, designed very insect-like. I would much, much rather see the Goblin in scaly, rubbery, non-segmented armor with a purple tunic over it than the Power Ranger special we got treated to in 2002. An insane villain like the Goblin needs a face that has expression. They should have used prosthetics.
Don't go dissing the man-purse. It's classic, it's true to source material, it's functional, and it goes with his stocking cap, purple jogging suit and pointy shoes. Gobby's got his own fashion goin' on.

yesiree bob.. :cyclops:

Never had a problem with organic. But i could never take Goblin seriously as a villian in that coustume. He just didnt look like someone who i would be scared of.

Matrix did not invent trench coats.

Saying Ock's movie look was influenced by Matrix is bull****. Ock had that exact same look in the comics years before Matrix was even conceived in the mind.

As far as X-Men goes, I can't even see how that could possibly be compared to Matrix in any way.

well said. Ock's been wearing trench coats and shades since the freakin early 60s before the wachowski brothers were even born. The wachowski's matrix movies are based on the principles of comic books and their characters and those machine squid things are definately inspired from the doc ock character. Doc Ock is an inspiration so for anyone to say that doc ock is ripping off the matrix is deluded.

Of the two, the Goblin costume. As mentioned above, the webshooters, while ill-conceived, were so glossed over as to be unnoticable after the first 40 minutes or so.

The Goblin suit we had to bear for the entire film.

I agree with Dragon. It was possible to block out the organics, but that "Goblin" costume was AWFUL and a huge disappointment for me.

I remember seeing the first spy photos on here and hating it. I remember thinking to myself at the time... they'll improve it... its not the finished result...

They didn't and it was. :(

THIS BELONGS IN THE SPIDER-MAN FORUM!

I'd cut your b@lls off....if you pigs had b@lls to cut!:mad:

Originally posted by spider-jide
This thread sucks and should be closed, what a waste. Stop dwelling in the past and move the f uck on and yeah it is in the wrong forum!!

At the risk of getting verbally abused, I feel the need to mention that I have been trawling these4 forums for quite a while now but only not long ago decided to write.
With that in mind, I have noticed that there are two main protagonists of abuse loose in these forums.
Spider-jide, you are one of them. This thread should not be here and he has already said that and apologised for it. You, however feel the need to vent your spleen on this poor guy. Abuse like that is not warranted in a case as trivial as this.
I've been witness to you doing this time and time again. What this amounts to is on-line bullying and don't you think you should concentrate your time on answering positively?
It would seem that the only way you can make yourself seem important and justify your existence is to try and make other people who post here feel small. If you don't like the theme of the thread just don't take part in it.
Perhaps if you had a little thing I like to call a life, you would not feel the need to verbally bash someone for trying to start a thread and join in on what is, after all, fun!
I'm not having a go at you, but it really has got to stop.
The other protagonist, I won't mention beacause his tounge is worse than yours.
Just wanted to make a point. Ta!

The only part of the Goblin suit that I didn't like was the helmet. I mean, we saw the suit before he had it.. that test pilot was wearing it. But there was no helmet. And if there was, why in God's name would they make it look like a goblin's face?

So, I think if they'd made the mask different, something less robotic and more organic (like the prosthetics) then the suit would have worked better. All in all, I don't mind either of them, but if I had to complain about the goblin suit, I'd only choose the mask to get rid of.

Originally posted by taff
At the risk of getting verbally abused, I feel the need to mention that I have been trawling these4 forums for quite a while now but only not long ago decided to write.
With that in mind, I have noticed that there are two main protagonists of abuse loose in these forums.
Spider-jide, you are one of them. This thread should not be here and he has already said that and apologised for it. You, however feel the need to vent your spleen on this poor guy. Abuse like that is not warranted in a case as trivial as this.
I've been witness to you doing this time and time again. What this amounts to is on-line bullying and don't you think you should concentrate your time on answering positively?
It would seem that the only way you can make yourself seem important and justify your existence is to try and make other people who post here feel small. If you don't like the theme of the thread just don't take part in it.
Perhaps if you had a little thing I like to call a life, you would not feel the need to verbally bash someone for trying to start a thread and join in on what is, after all, fun!
I'm not having a go at you, but it really has got to stop.
The other protagonist, I won't mention beacause his tounge is worse than yours.
Just wanted to make a point. Ta!

Look you, just back off and get off my freakin case! you know nothing! You claim to be lurking around for ages well if thats true you would know that 95% of my posts are all positive and very constructive. Quit trying to make a mountain out of a hill and fyi i do have a life, i suggest you mind your own business and stop concerning yourself withy me. Picking and pointing me out is you being so extra! There are more people here who are much worse than me by far! I suggest you get a life and quit watching mine jackass! I suppose you'll say this post of mine proves your point but i dont care your antagonising me so just leave me alone jackass!

Originally posted by spider-jide
Look you, just back off and get off my freakin case! you know nothing! You claim to be lurking around for ages well if thats true you would know that 95% of my posts are all positive and very constructive. Quit trying to make a mountain out of a hill and fyi i do have a life, i suggest you mind your own business and stop concerning yourself withy me. Picking and pointing me out is you being so extra! There are more people here who are much worse than me by far! I suggest you get a life and quit watching mine jackass! I suppose you'll say this post of mine proves your point but i dont care your antagonising me so just leave me alone jackass!
Oh dear....that told me!

I thought the organic web-shooters weren't cool. The goblin costume I didn't have a problem with.

But the web-shooters, man! The web-shooters! I mean, come on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"