Days of Future Past Should Fox increase the scale of the franchise?

In the special features for the first X Men Singer said X Men is more like Star Trek than Star Wars. I don't completely disagree with him but their is some major contention their for sure. I really hope they let loose with DOFP. The X series has plenty of huge story lines to interpert for the big screen.
I think the problem comes with the fact that in the comics you're dealing with more than mutants. Their's magic,other super heroes,etc. The movies has pretty much just focused on "mutants'.

The scale for this film should be quite larger. Giant robots eradicating mutant kind is just as epic as an Alien invasion.

oh, definetly! it will be such a big spectacle, I guess most of x-men fans will be :wow::wow::wow::wow: during the whole future scenes, lol

And Im sure Matthew will find a way to give us some epic moments on the 60's too.

This has the potential to be the best x-men movie ever, and one of the fave superhero movies from general viewers too. Im hyped.

In the special features for the first X Men Singer said X Men is more like Star Trek than Star Wars. I don't completely disagree with him but their is some major contention their for sure. I really hope they let loose with DOFP. The X series has plenty of huge story lines to interpert for the big screen.
I think the problem comes with the fact that in the comics you're dealing with more than mutants. Their's magic,other super heroes,etc. The movies has pretty much just focused on "mutants'.

I disagree, for X2's sake. I felt that was pretty epic and perfect X-Men. Cerebro was about to wipe out every living person on the planet.

oh, definetly! it will be such a big spectacle, I guess most of x-men fans will be :wow::wow::wow::wow: during the whole future scenes, lol

And Im sure Matthew will find a way to give us some epic moments on the 60's too.

This has the potential to be the best x-men movie ever, and one of the fave superhero movies from general viewers too. Im hyped.

Yeah this is my most hyped flick for sure. The stakes will be much higher then other X Men movies for both the Future and 60s team.

I disagree, for X2's sake. I felt that was pretty epic and perfect X-Men. Cerebro was about to wipe out every living person on the planet.

I agree. That itself was pretty big but I don't think for the sake of argument any of the films have brought us anything that felt close to the scale of the comics yet.

In a way I liked that the X-Men seemed cut off from the world. Since that made sense.

They save the world multiple times, and nobody knows (except a few key government officials).

The one movie where that changed (X3), was terrible.

I think it works fine especially in X2 but they are not a covert team in hiding behind masks in these films. How the populations opinion could change once they discover mutants are saving the world should be addressed more in the future imo. Would it create more problems? Or make them more accepted? I liked that the Museum scene in X2 started to focus on non mutant interactions scenes that werent government related. Wish there were more scenes like that.

Last edited:
Hopefully they will.

What I like about FOX with the X-Men movies is they aren't too extravagant (visually) and the movies still look realistic, its like real life. But I feel they don't feel epic and massive compare to Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and the other movie franchises and I feel like the X-Men movie series has the potential to be epic and massive.

I think it works fine especially in X2 but they are not a covert team in hiding behind masks in these films. How the populations opinion could change once they discover mutants are saving the world should be addressed more in the future imo. Would it create more problems? Or make them more accepted? I liked that the Museum scene in X2 started to focus on non mutant interactions scenes that werent government related. Wish there were more scenes like that.

definetly agree. They need to start showing more interaction with humans. In First Class series case, they havent adressed x-men families yet, so it feels like a must for the next sequel, at least with one of the x-men. And them one love interest for another... I mean, they are teenagers, for gods shake, teenagers have families, love interests, friends... a decent part of all of that needs to be shown. All of that is what will make a complex and interesting movie.

Not just a superhero team fighting with a badass villain or villains

I feel that the scale of the movies need to be increased. The stakes need to be higher, the action better and the special effects needs to be so much better.

I'm not saying that they should turn the film into an Avenger's style action extravaganza at the expense of character development, narrative structure etc. The last time they did that we got X3.

I would rather DoFP and all X-Films in the future are closer to X2 and FC then X3. However, one thing that they lacked were visually stunning action pieces. X2 was closer to it with the Storm/jet sequence, and the nighcrawler fight scene. but nothing close to the amazing action that Avengers had.

I'm not asking for many action sequences but I am asking that the ones we do get aren't understated fight scenes but spectacular displays of each of the character's powers. Something monumental that stands out against the special effects filled films that DoFP will be up against.

I mean with FC Magneto alone should have epic displays of power but with the possible return of the original trilogy characters of the likes of Jean Grey, Wolverine, Iceman and Storm - (a character that has appeared in three movies but has never displayed anything near to the kind of power that Storm has from the comics aside from the aforementioned Storm/Jet sequence which has to be one of the best visual effect pieces of the entire franchise) This gives them the chance to really be imaginative with how the characters use their powers.

i thought x3 had some great action scenes and obviously DOFP nod
x3-danger-room-simulation-1-50k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"