Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brit Marling has been my choice for Supergirl forever, though she's probably too old now (though I personally wouldn't mind a Supergirl who is about the same age as Clark). But she could be great as Carol too.

That would be interesting, given that she has an independent idea of what kind of science fiction she prefers. But I can see Brit writing or directing a Supergirl episode.

I'd really love someone tall. Gwendoline Christie, Kristanna Loken, someone with a solid frame who's not a waif who'll blow over in a stiff breeze.

I do prefer the actress get into fighting shape for this role. But I also do hope she portrays a strong personality in her own right.

I made this today when I was supposed to be working. XD
A8nSf7m.jpg

Very, VERY solid work.

I love the Katheryn Winnick suggestion. Brilliant. Katee Sackhoff would be my second choice.

Winnick definitely looks the part and is good on Vikings. Sort of like with Sackhoff, I'm not sure if she has the presence/charisma to lead a major blockbuster, but I'd certainly be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt if she were cast.

I made this today when I was supposed to be working. XD
A8nSf7m.jpg
Saved! I could definitely get behind her as Carol :D

I find it odd that Blunt is leading the poll..seeing as she looks nothing like Carol Danvers..

I find it odd that Blunt is leading the poll..seeing as she looks nothing like Carol Danvers..

Carol Danvers is a fictional character who has been drawn by dozens of different artists over the years. There is no "one way" she or any other comic book character looks.

Carol Danvers is a fictional character who has been drawn by dozens of different artists over the years. There is no "one way" she or any other comic book character looks.
Same could be said about every CBM character.
Carol Danvers has facial traits unique to her, and Emily Blunt doesn't look anything like her.. :dry:
Ugh.. :doh: I need to quit judging actresses based on looks alone.

I know. That's what I just said
It's hard because I grew up reading Ms Marvel, and I want the big screen representation of her to be as perfect as possible.

Her square jawline.. and the general shape of her head.. ugh.. can't really describe it, but Emily doesn't really look like her..

and Yvoone's been my number one choice for a year now.

I like Katheryn Winnick and Emily Blunt the best from that list up there. I don't doubt that they'd be fine choices. My first choice remains Gugu Mbatha-Raw, though. She's a tremendously effective and charismatic actress and a proven lead twice over this year. Her career trajectory right now puts her in an ideal position for carrying a blockbuster (the only other actresses on that list who are proven leads, currently, are Chastain, Hudson and Theron).

tumblr_ne70jjbZGL1rfco8go1_500.png

tumblr_ne9342pNt81rfco8go4_250.gif
tumblr_ne9342pNt81rfco8go3_250.gif

Not to mention she's got the perfect superhero jaw line. :yay:

Too old. Sorry but I don't think Captain Marvel should be in her 40's when the franchise starts.

I think that's actually the perfect age. She's ideally going to be either a Major in the U.S. Air Force or a vet of the US Intel community. Sorry, that's not something a fresh faced woman under the age of 35 is going to accomplish. Theron is in great shape and gives immediate credibility to the role the way some of the the younger choices just wouldn't. If the problem is you can't see her sticking around for 8 plus years, well... I don't have a problem with recasting at a later date. And frankly... 39 is not that old friend. Thinking like that is how we get Denise Richards playing nuclear scientists or 23 year old ingenues as Police Detectives. Theron is still in incredible shape (Prometheus wasn't ten years ago or something) and she brings tons to the table. I wouldn't so cavalierly dismiss her. How old was RDJ when he started his franchise?

Decided to share this in here as well. (It's not nearly as good as jamce's). Yes, it's a boring outfit.

LCziQOp.png

Yeah one of the dumber things they could do is cast someone obviously in her early 20's. I'm afraid I'm going to have to demand the actress be at least 30+, and 33+ would be preferable.

Luckily most of the suggested actresses fall within that range. Charlize is 39, Blunt 31, Strahovski 32, Chastain 37, Pike & Hudson are 35, Winnick 36, Sackhoff 34.

Margot Robbie is only 24, that surprised me a bit. So there is some leeway. I'd def err a bit towards maturity (one of the advantages I felt Blunt had over ScarJo)

Decided to share this in here as well. (It's not nearly as good as jamce's). Yes, it's a boring outfit.

LCziQOp.png

It's a Star Trek outfit.

Maybe it should be called Captain Janeway instead of Captain Marvel. :o

That sort of looks like a poster for a Rom Com about two astronomers. I would have Sackoff as my number two. She looks like a character with some mileage on her in any role and she has the physicality down. She's not quite Theron in terms of overall talent, but she is a solid actress. I wouldn't have a problem with her in the role.

I think that's actually the perfect age. She's ideally going to be either a Major in the U.S. Air Force or a vet of the US Intel community. Sorry, that's not something a fresh faced woman under the age of 35 is going to accomplish. Theron is in great shape and gives immediate credibility to the role the way some of the the younger choices just wouldn't. If the problem is you can't see her sticking around for 8 plus years, well... I don't have a problem with recasting at a later date. And frankly... 39 is not that old friend. Thinking like that is how we get Denise Richards playing nuclear scientists or 23 year old ingenues as Police Detectives. Theron is still in incredible shape (Prometheus wasn't ten years ago or something) and she brings tons to the table. I wouldn't so cavalierly dismiss her. How old was RDJ when he started his franchise?

She won't be 39, she'll be 43 when it starts. And yeah I really do feel that's too old considering I want this character to be around for several more films afterwards. I'd say 28-32 would be the age range I looked at.

It's a Star Trek outfit.

Maybe it should be called Captain Janeway instead of Captain Marvel. :o
Yes... I already know it's a Star Trek outfit (in fact, those are actually Janeway's hands too). Very observant. :o

It's the closest thing I could find that actually looked like a professional outfit, and not like someone cosplaying as a comic book character.

That sort of looks like a poster for a Rom Com about two astronomers. I would have Sackoff as my number two. She looks like a character with some mileage on her in any role and she has the physicality down. She's not quite Theron in terms of overall talent, but she is a solid actress. I wouldn't have a problem with her in the role.

That looks like a poster about two fans at a Star Trek convention. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back