Who else liked 'Batman & Robin' for what it was?

I didn't take it seriously and enjoyed soemthing about it at one point in my life. Viewing it now as the wasted opportunity it was though just makes it the worst movie ever that it truly is, indeed.

Theres going to be the folks who take it like a big dumb spectacle of a movie, but it seems to me theres a thin line between "bad film" and cartoon style. Perhaps thats how Schumacher was able to be so horrible and think nothign of it. Its tricky.

It's not good even as a bad film. It's just so lame, it's indescribable. I can't even laugh at how horrendous it is. Of course you could never get me to watch it again so I maybe I will laugh at it's utter crap state if someone or something forces me to watch it.

your right, LordofHypertime, theres actually hundreds of B&R lovers!

Hundreds!

Let me remind you how theres at least 5 billion people on the world.

There are 6.5 Billion people in the world. And I think like almost 300 million in the U.S.A. and like 3 Billion in China or something.

Did any of you also find that everything in B&R was LOUD? The colors were loud. All the actors were loud. They couldn't just have normal conversational lines - every line had to be something "comic bookish" (especially Freeze and Poison Ivy). And the sound design was loud - constantly something's exploding, crashing, etc. And the musical score was overwhelming.

Honestly - it gave me a huge headache when I saw it in the theater. lol

tinister said:
Did any of you also find that everything in B&R was LOUD? The colors were loud. All the actors were loud. They couldn't just have normal conversational lines - every line had to be something "comic bookish" (especially Freeze and Poison Ivy). And the sound design was loud - constantly something's exploding, crashing, etc. And the musical score was overwhelming.

Me too, I had a migraine after B&R.

It was too flashy as well speciallly when Freeze uses his gun....

I Am The Knight said:
It's not good even as a bad film. It's just so lame, it's indescribable. I can't even laugh at how horrendous it is. Of course you could never get me to watch it again so I maybe I will laugh at it's utter crap state if someone or something forces me to watch it.

Exactly. When I watch the 60's Batman now, I can see that they are completely being sarcastic the entire time and they are actually pretty good at poking fun of the ridiculousness. It's funny stuff (not the villains so much, I'm not sure they got the joke actually). When you watch Batman and Robin, it's hard to figure out exactly what Joel Schu was actually going for. It's not witty camp. It's the most irritating, brightly colored, over acted, noisy 2 hours of all time. It sucks. The ONLY thing I like are the designs for Grayson's different outfits... though they wouldn't make much sense until he became Nightwing. He looks way cooler than Bats in the movies (in costume, out of costume they both look like morons)

SHADOWBAT69 said:
But it did translate the current state of the comic books of that time. From the mid 50's to mid 60's it was goofy sci fi stories, bad puns, and corny villains. This is comic book history of Batman, it is a part of the lore. If someone doesnt like it, thats fine, i dont like the "camp" that was the 60's show. I dont like the "camp" that was B&R. However, a true fan of the character will acknowledge this era of Batman history regardless if they liked it or not because it was part of the evolution of the character. See, my worry is the opposite of yours. Im concerned about these supposed "new" true fans who suddenly emerged during the Batman Begins hype. They seem to know almost nothing about the long history of the character, they feel that Year One and Long Halloween/Dark Victory is the end all of Batman origins. There is absolutely no appreciation for the comic book history that came 60 years before it.

I agree 100%. The "true fans" get mad when Batman is either 1)beatable in any way or 2) Not dark and angry

what the hell kind of fan is that?!

tinister said:

Kevin Roegele said:
Me too, I had a migraine after B&R.

And in spite of the fact that they were (at least) partially responsible for this, it gave to WB lots of migraines and headaches as well.

ERVERBAHDY FREHZEE!:eek:

Sorry about that. At least it's fun to say the one-liners for no reason at times.

Mr. Freezes rocket going through that hole in the museum ceiling was kinda erotic, IMO.

Metallo22 said:
ERVERBAHDY FREHZEE!:eek:

Sorry about that. At least it's fun to say the one-liners for no reason at times.

FOR IT IS THE CHILLING SOUND OF YOUR DOOM!!!!! :woot:

Im more willing to take Batman Forever for what it was. BnR felt beyond that imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"