Who here thinks THE FLASH cannot support his own movie?

Flash's biggest problem is that his rogue gallery absolutely sucks. Of all the mainstream superheroes, his rogues are possibly the worst. That being said, I don't think its impossible. Create an original villain, one who shares the Flash's super speed (because that is the only way you can have a real battle.
Actually, his rogue's gallery positively kicks ass if you read the comic. Character wise, they are some of the best rogues in comics.

Actually, his rogue's gallery positively kicks ass if you read the comic. Character wise, they are some of the best rogues in comics.

I agree, I think people assume that because a character is highly powered they're invincible. The reason villains exist is because they have figured out how to counter their enemies' powers at some point.

I agree, I think people assume that because a character is highly powered they're invincible. The reason villains exist is because they have figured out how to counter their enemies' powers at some point.
In some ways, mainly powers, his villains are very lame. Captain Boomarang, the Trickster and Captain Cold all are lame to that degree. Though the genius of the Flash Rogues is that they are a group of losers who time and again have matched wits with the Flash and proven to be dangerous.

I think the dynamic of the a group of villains, marred by failures, who all hang out in the same bar together and plot Flash's demise could be excellent for a movie. Think about what they did in the Adam West 1960s Batman-TV movie, except this time handled slightly more maturely. That could be very entertaining. Flash doesn't need the same gravity and realism of a vigilante, you can make his story light, fun and humorous.

Actually Captain Cold Is quite dangerous by himself, I remembering reading once that he froze a bank security guards bottom half of his jaw and then broke it off (that had to hurt). He really doesn't care who gets in his way and that makes him pretty dangerous in my book.

It was a cop and he did it because the guy mistook him for Mr. Freeze. Yeah, I agree a guy who can stop molecular movement seems pretty dangerous to me.

I love the whole idea of the Rogues being buddies that hang out in a bar and plot revenge on The Flash. The episode in JLA was a great example of how the Rouges should interact with each other, just make it slightly more mature.

Thanks you are Flash Facts, The flashes rogues gallery is pretty badass, I was just reading up on them, they have some messed up backgrounds but not worst than batman's rogues those guys have serious problems.

Flash's rogues gallery is second only to Batman's in the DC universe. The whole charm of them is that they are costumed losers that are genuinely crazy and dangerous and meant to be taken very, very seriously. I mean a guy like the top, who seems completely loony and ridiculous, actually has quite the body count.

Well I like the fact the alot of The Flash's Rouges aren't really insane unlike Batman's. I found John's take on the Rouges led by Cold very interesting and entertaining, until Rouge War. I liked that they had a code of conduct. They weren't just another group of homicidal maniacs, they were a team of professional criminals that knew which lines not to cross and had their own set of rules that had to be followed.

You are right about that. Not all of them are like Top, or Murmur, or Piper, or Cicada. It's organized crime but with superheroes. While Batman's guys don't really have or need sane motives, Flash's rogues have real, even understandable, reasons for doing what they do.

You are right about that. Not all of them are like Top, or Murmur, or Piper, or Cicada. It's organized crime but with superheroes. While Batman's guys don't really have or need sane motives, Flash's rogues have real, even understandable, reasons for doing what they do.

Agreed :up:

The Flashes Rouges are great because they have a human element to them. They aren't just random nutjobs, they are like blue collared criminals. Unlike a lot of supervillians who are just there because they match or outmatch the heroes powers, Flashes rouges have a real interaction between them and the flashes.

I love the human element to the Rogues. It's like they're just common criminals who saw what supervillains were doing and said "Me too".

It doesn't need to be known to make a blockbuster movie. It solely depends on marketings. The more commercials the better is your chance to make a blockbuster movie even if the story is crap!And that s really sad but thats how Hollywood works!

As for me I don't really care that flash doesn't do as good as spider-man in term of box office. Thats not what I am looking for. All I want is a damn good movie. That s it!

Flash as a big advantage compare to the other sup: Everybody can understand his power.He s a man with speed. That s it!. So an 80 years old or a kid can follow the movie with out asking to much questions:cwink:. So yes I think the flash with a good writer and a descent budget can make it!

I started writing a Flash script a year and a half or so ago. Anyone have one?

no but I had a pretty cool idea for a poster if they were too use a group of rogues instead of just one. They would be separate posters but the Flash would have him running towards the rogues, and the second one would the rogues getting ready to attack him.

I have 2 scripts saved on my PC written by member of the forums named Zev. Anyone else remember this member?

Wow...the ignorance towards the flash in this thread is astounding...

If theres ANY superhero who could support and deserves his own movie, its flash. His costume is iconic, his powers are iconic and untapped in live action cinemam and his villains are entertaining and colorful.

i think people who're against this flick are thinking in the mold of "you cant make this into a generic comic flick". this movie could do something different...main villains who cant just physically beat the hero from the outset? Much less a team of colorful baddies who're insane?

@ The Batman:

You really think The Flash has what it needs for a major blockbuster? Honestly, I wouldn't want it to be a generic comic movie. They should be more original. But still, I don't know if he can support his own movie.

Thinking about it, a movie could work, BUT:

- I don't think there should be too much time-traveling, nor should there be too much Flashes
- The movie should focus on one Flash (Wally) and maybe hint at another one (Barry)

What do you think?

Yes. Are they good?

Well I like them. If you follow the comics pretty regularly you will see alot of the the characters and story is an amalgam of some of Wally's most known cast and stories. He is kinda a jerk in it though (especially the second one) and the humor is defiantly on the mature (or some may say immature) side with the cursing and sex jokes and whatnot.

A Flash movie could definitely be a blockbuster.

Edit:

IMO I would stick with Wally too and probably keep time travel out of the first movie. If there is any time travel it should probably be in a last ditch effort to save someone and probably should be in a sequel as it'll show that he is reaching more of his potential and getting a better grasp on his powers.

I agree that you don't want speedster overload. The movie should just focus on Wally, with Barry's death shown either in flashback or at the outset of the film. Personally I wouldn't have any time travel in the film - although a villain who can manipulate time (speed it up or slow it down) would be one option as an effective antagonist given the Flash's powers.

@ The Batman:

You really think The Flash has what it needs for a major blockbuster?

Yes.

Honestly, I wouldn't want it to be a generic comic movie.

No comic book adaption should have to be. Flash has a great mythos which would be amazing to see in a film. If Superman can do it, Flash can. It just depends on the film makers executing it whether it would be mediocre or not.

They should be more original. But still, I don't know if he can support his own movie.

Read Mark Waid's first run and Geoff Johns' runs on the title. There's volumes of stuff which could be used to make several films.

My script featured Barry Allen as an established Flash at the zenith of his career, with Wally West becoming the new Flash at the end of the script when Barry died combating Professor Eobard Thawne's something-or-other-machine. It was all about our legacies, what it means to be a hero, all that. All kinds of time travel issues and so forth. Thawne murdered Iris, Barry underwent a lot of guilt, tried to use his power to bring her back, messed things up in grand fashion. Wally and Barry fought side by side in a pseudo-Kid Flash kind of a thing after Wally got his powers. There were sequences in the future, the past, the present, Barry saved the universe, the Flash Museum was involved, there was a neat twist...it was great. Then I found out David Goyer was writing the same damn thing and put it on hold. Idea was to do sequels with the Rogues and then Grodd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"