Who here thinks THE FLASH cannot support his own movie?

Got any links? I love a good story even when it doesn't have pictures :D

What the hell. Can't hurt to see what Flash fans think of some of it. Be gentle. A lot of the dialogue is...placeholding stuff.

LIGHTNING FLARES across the screen. Again. And SUDDENLY, we find ourselves SUCKED INSIDE one of the lightning bolts, and RACING through a brilliant void of PURE ENERGY. So this is what it's like to ride the lightning. We SPEED onward through the void.

MALE VOICE (V.O.)
There are those who ride the lightning...the speedsters, gifted individuals throughout time, a chain of neverending motion. Their legacy, one of speed and vigilance.

GHOSTLY FORMS coalesce in the void; former SPEEDSTERS. A blonde woman. A Native American. A cowboy. Persons from the past and the future. Dozens of cultures represented. Each MERGES back into the lightning storm as a new forms. Spectral forms of powerful energies.

MALE VOICE (V.O.)
They live in the moments between each second. And for these speedsters, time itself is relative.

We are moving faster now through the void, if that's even possible. And then, even FASTER. ENERGY BLURS around us as the end of the void swirls into a VORTEX, a tornado of electrical impulses and LIGHTNING. There's chaos here, but also a strange calm, like the center of a hurricane.

SUPER TITLE:

THE FLASH

More lightning, and we:

SMASH TO BLACK

The sounds of commotion. Panicking and angry voices. A weapon being cocked. Screams of terror.

ANGRY MALE VOICE (V.O.)
Hurry up!

INT. FIRST KEYSTONE NATIONAL BANK -- DAY
Sunlight streams in one a strange scene. Two skimasked BANK ROBBERS have taken several of the bank's customers HOSTAGE. Frightened TELLERS are held at gunpoint by the FIRST BANK ROBBER. Across the room, a frantic YOUNG FEMALE TELLER watches as other tellers load bundles of cash into First Robber's duffle bag.

FIRST ROBBER
Faster!

YOUNG TELLER
We're going as fast as we can!

SECOND ROBBER
Not fast enough, sweetie.

A Second Robber gestures with a gun. The teller reaches down, her hands moving...SLOWLY, toward a silent alarm button. She presses the button with a slight jerk of her arm. The Robber sees the motion and moves toward her, angrily.

SECOND ROBBER
What did you just do?

TELLER
Nothing!

FIRST ROBBER
What the hell did she do?

SECOND ROBBER
I think she tripped the alarm!

INT. POLICE CRUISER

Two KEYSTONE COPS (heh), driving down the street, waiting for their next call. The police radio crackles to life.

KEYSTONE DISPATCHER (Radio)
All units...robbery in progress at First Keystone National Bank. CODES for hostages and armed robbers..

The cruiser PEELS OUT, lights blazing on, siren wailing. It ROCKETS down the street, toward the bank. It's Fall. The leaves have turned, making for a beautiful moment.

INT. FIRST KEYSTONE NATIONAL BANK

Second robber moves to the Young Female Teller.

SECOND ROBBER
You think we're stupid?

YOUNG FEMALE TELLER
No! No, I didn't-

She backs away, behind the counter, terrified.

SECOND ROBBER
What do we do?

FIRST ROBBER
Shoot her.

The Young Female Teller looks horrified. Second Robber levels his weapon.

SECOND ROBBER
I guess time's up.

Off the teller's horrified eyes.

EXT. KEYSTONE CITY -- STREETS

The Keystone Cruiser ROCKETS along, sirens WAILING.

INT. POLICE CRUISER
The cops are FLOORING it. Cars flash past on either side of the windows.

FIRST COP
Dispatch, this is Car whatever it is. We are en route.

COP
Come on, come on, come on...

Something else FLASHES PAST THE WINDOW. A CRIMSON BLUR. The cops strain to follow the blur, which seems to be trailing...LIGHTNING? The blur clears traffic, tears up the asphalt as it disappears from view, leaving leaves scattered in it's wake.

INT. POLICE CRUISER

The first cop smiles.

FIRST COP
Dispatch, this is Car-61. Someone just bought us some time.

DISPATCH
Say again, Car 61?

INT. KEYSTONE FIRST NATIONAL BANK
The Female Teller closes her eyes as Second Robber starts to pull the trigger. There is a loud BANG.
SECOND ROBBER
What the-
She opens her eyes. Looks down. She's unharmed.
THE FLASH (O.S.)
Not a gunshot. That was the sound barrier.
The voice is male, and pleasant. Calm. The teller looks at Second Robber, who is standing there stunned. His gun is gone. He's looking at his hand, confused, and a little frightened.

THE FLASH (O.S.)
You picked the wrong town, Gentlemen.

The Robbers turn to see THE FLASH standing in the corner, holding the gun in one hand. He is clad head to toe in a padded crimson JUMPSUIT, with a sculpted, gold-winged, lensed COWL. An unmistakable metallic gold lightning bolt symbol on his chest.

FEMALE TELLER
Oh, thank God...

THE FLASH
Relax. Even if he'd fired, you still had 3/10th of a second to spare. (Research this).

The Flash places the guns between gloved palms and RUBS it RAPIDLY, producing intense friction and heat, which MELTS the weapons into a small ball of metal SLAG. The ball clatters to the floor, the muzzles now limp and useless. The Flash regards the Robbers, who are deciding their next move.

The First Robber opens fire with his own machine pistol. The Flash starts MOVING. And everything else around him SLOWS DOWN, and then STOPS dead. The Flash RACES towards the bullets. He's moving in slow-motion. But the bullets are literally HANGING in midair. The Flash PLUCKS them out of the air as he runs, in one fluid motion. We come back to Real Time.

The Flash lets the bullets fall to the floor. He looks at the stunned Robbers.

THE FLASH
At this point, you should probably just surrender.

They don't. They rush him. Try to hit him. No good, he ducks too fast, and then appears behind them. They're starting to get scared now. The Flash CATCHES one of their fists in mid-air and decks the man in the nose.

He takes them apart with a flurried superspeed combo of punches. As the Second Robber falls, sirens wail from down the block.

Outside, a car squeals off, burning rubber. The Flash looks up for a moment. He has a decision to make. He looks at the hostages, and then at the fallen Robbers.

EXT. KEYSTONE FIRST NATIONAL BANK

The Robber's Car squeals around a corner at the end of the street just as a Police Cruiser arrives at the Bank, screeching toa stop near the sidewalk. The cops exit, leaving their doors open, and RACE up the stairs of the bank, guns drawn.

The Cops BURST through the glass double doors, expecting to find themselves in a firefight. Both Robbers are tied in the middle of the floor. Behind them, The Flash raises his arms in a gesture of surrender.

THE FLASH
I give up.

The cops lower their weapons.

OLDER COP
Is everyone all right?

THE FLASH
Except for them.

The Flash gestures to the unconscious Robbers.

YOUNG COP
How'd you know this was going down?

The Flash taps one of his gold earpieces.

THE FLASH
Scanners. And sounds like their friends are tearing up Fox street. Excuse me.

The Flash takes a deep breath, and then is gone in a BURST of LIGHTNING and WIND. The Female Teller just stares, dumbfounded.

OLDER COP
You ok?

She nods, still in a daze.
OLDER COP
This your first time?

The Female Teller nods.

OLDER COP
Yeah. He has that effect.

EXT. KEYSTONE CITY -- DAY

A beautiful town. Brownstones, new stores, clean sidewalks. The Robber's Car burns rubber through Midday Traffic. We RUSH backward down the street, to where far behind it, two Police Cruisers have taken up the chase.

INT. ROBBER'S CAR

In the passenger seat, Third Robber loads his pistol. He leans out, FIRES wildly. Hits nothing but pavement.

FOURTH ROBBER
Nice shooting.

THIRD ROBBER
Shut up and drive!

A familiar crimson blur ROCKETS down the street, trailing lightning. We PUSH IN to see that it's The Flash, RUNNING hard, focused determination on his features. He DUCKS BETWEEN TRAFFIC at superspeed, until it becomes a CONTINUOUS BLUR on either side of him.

Afternoon traffic. A tour bus. Behind it, the Robber's Car is accelerating. Much further behind, the lights of police cruisers.

EXT. KEYSTONE MEMORIAL PARK -- DAY

Set amidst the cornucopia of fall colors, a beautiful, well-manicured public park, complete with playground, benches, and a large pond. CHILDREN play on the swingsets and teeter-totter under the watchful eye of their parents. Senior Citizens feed a group of cute little ducklings. Two LOVERS embrace on a park bench. Several people walk their dogs along a path.

The Flash SPEEDS past a FEMALE JOGGER, who doesn't even seem to notice.

EXT. POND -- DAY

A piece of bread floats toward a duckling, who goes after it. The ducklings looks up. Something is coming. A RED AND GOLD BLUR ROCKETS through the midst of their pond, causing the ducklings to SCATTER, honking in confusion.

THE FLASH runs across the water, kicking up waves on either side, toward the office buildings on the other side of the park.

EXT. OFFICE BUILDING

The Flash speeds toward a tall office building, and somehow RUNS up it and onto the rooftop. He SKIDS to a stop on the edge of a gravel rooftop, looks down and sees the chase taking place down the avenue below him. A tiny car, several police cruisers. And far ahead, a TRAFFIC JAM.

Thinking quick, The flash takes off running, and LEAPS from the rooftop, soaring through the air and landing on the next roof, already RUNNING and LEAPING to the next. He does this on several rooftops at SUPERSPEED, bringing himself progressively lower.

INT. TOUR BUS

A group of Senior Citizens listens with rapt attention to a Young Blonde Tour Guide.

TOUR GUIDE
Coming up on the left is Keystone City Hall, where-

The crack of gunfire interrupts her. The tour bus passengers crane to see what's going on behind them.

The Robber's Car SCREAMS past the tour bus, Third Robber still leaning out the window and firing at the police. Civilian Vehicles SWERVE to avoid the fusillade.

INT. TOUR BUS

Commotion. People fumble for their cameras.

The Flash BLASTS past the window.

A few moments elapse, and people watch as a Police Cars rocket past. The Senior Citizens look at the Tour Guide, who is silent. She has nothing to say.

The Flash evades the robber's gunfire, and then darts offcourse to CATCH UP to the bullet, which is heading for a storefront. He spots an older woman on a crosswalk.

The Flash RUNS a stoplight. A police car surges forward behind him.

(the car was supposed to go out of control here)

The older woman's mouth drops open. She drops her bag...and a gloved red hand CATCHES it before it hits the ground. The car is still coming toward her/them.

The Flash looks at the woman. At the approaching car. At the frozen woman. At the approaching car. He grabs her.

The car SHOOTS through the intersection. The Flash and the old woman are on the other side of the street now.

OLD WOMAN
How...

THE FLASH
My good deed for the day.

He catches his breath. He's winded. No matter. He RACES after the escape vehicle, disappearing in a burst of lightning.

INT. POLICE CRUISER

A Cop drives, intent on the road ahead. There is a knock from his window. He ignores it.
A second, more insistent knocking. The Cop turns toward his window, startled to see The Flash, who is running at half-speed. The Flash makes a "roll the window down" motion with one of his arms. The Cop lowers the automatic window.

THE FLASH
Afternoon.

COP
My kids will never believe this...

THE FLASH
Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. Listen, they have to reload at some point. There are too many people around to risk a shootout.

COP
Our thoughts exactly.

THE FLASH
Great, then we're on the same page! Look, I know this is against protocol, but I'm asking you to hang back. Don't give up chase, just hang back a little. I'll take care of this!

The cop thinks for a second. Then nods.

COP
Do it. We're right behind you.

THE FLASH
Be careful.

And then he is gone, pouring on the speed, lightning coursing around his form as he tears up a half a mile in a split-second.

INT. PATROL CAR

Fourth Robber glances up and sees the police car slowing and dropping back in his overhead rear-view mirror.

FOURTH ROBBER
What the hell are they doing?

THIRD ROBBER
Maybe I hit a tire. Put some pavement between us!

Fourth Robber glances to his left rear-view mirror. The Flash can be seen, running after them, about 300 yards back. The mirror, as all car mirrors do, reads: OBJECTS IN
MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY ACTUALLY APPEAR.

FOURTH ROBBER
Grant...

THIRD ROBBER
I see him.

THE FLASH (O.S.)
Hi.

Like lightning, The Flash reaches in and GRABS the gun from Third Robber's hand. The Flash is now running alongside the car, smiling at the stunned Third Robber. The road ahead appears to be clear for a few blocks. The Flash is now running along the driver's side of the vehicle. Fourth Robber stares at him, floors the car, but can't lose him for a step.

THE FLASH
That's not gonna work. Do you think you could maybe pull over and end this destructive rampage you're on?

Angry, The Fourth Robber jerks the wheel toward Flash. The car SWERVES toward him, but Flash evades at superspeed, falling behind the car for a moment as it swerves into the wrong lane, then swerves back, barely avoiding a minivan

THE FLASH
Damn.

Pumping his arms, The Flash RACES forward, pulling AHEAD of the escape car, which is heading for the traffic jam ahead.

INT. GETAWAY CAR

The Flash passes the window on the driver's side, heading toward the rear of their car. Then again, on the passenger side, heading toward their front. And again, heading toward the rear. Odd.

EXT. KEYSTONE CITY STREET -- DAY

The Flash continues to RUN AROUND THE CAR in a loose counter clockwise semi-circle AS IT DRIVES, and his plan becomes apparent. Because the car's forward momentum begins to slow at about the same time that The Flash becomes a red and gold BLUR circling the fleeing car, his revolutions around it creating the powerful, swirling winds of a miniature TORNADO. The car is caught in the red, lightning-streaked wind, and begins to SPIN counterclockwise (or clockwise).

INT. GETAWAY CAR

The Robbers are FREAKING OUT, hanging on for dear life as their car ROTATES WILDLY in the midst of a red and gold WINDSTORM.

INT. CRUISER

Two Cops watch the red and gold tornado from inside their car as it approaches the scene.

FIRST COP
I'm...really glad he's on our side...

The second cop just looks at him.

EXT. KEYSTONE CITY STREET -- DAY

The tornado reaches it's apex. The Robbers are SCREAMING. And then, as police cruisers arrive at it's edge, the winds die down, and the Flash slows, still running in circles, but "backing it down". The car is still spinning, but it comes to a bit of a halt. The doors open and both Robbers stumble the car...and promptly fall to their knees, throwing up. They're still on their hands and knees, disoriented and sick, as cops move toward them.

POLICE
Freeze!

The cops RUN across to the car.

THE FLASH
Officer?

One cop turns. Flash hands him Third Robber's gun.

The tour bus pulls to a stop in the middle of the street, behind the site of the incident. People stare from open windows. Flash looks uncomfortable. The Officer regards him.

COP
You ran a red light back there.

THE FLASH
Yeah...

COP
You also sped. And went left of center. And all of that could be considered jaywalking...

The Flash looks at him.

COP
And there was that whole...tornado thing.

The Flash continues looking at him. People are snapping his picture. FLASHES exploding.

COP
Unfortunately...we were so far behind you that we didn't see a thing. Thanks for your help.

The Flash smiles. Warm. Genuine.

THE FLASH
You're welcome.

The sound of helicopter blades. The Flash sees a NEWS CHOPPER cresting the buildings, heading right for the incident.

THE FLASH
I'm sure you can handle things from here on out. I have to run.

And he does. The chopper descends, but The Flash is diseappearing down the street.

An attractive dark-haired young woman, mid-twenties, looks out the window as he disappears over the horizon. LINDA PARK.

LINDA
Damn it...

PILOT
Now what?

LINDA
Set us down...there's still a story here. Justin, prep the camera!

INT. TOUR BUS

One of the Senior Citizens looks at their picture. The FLash is there, but he's just a red blurry thing. Odd.

SENIOR CITIZEN
Ah, darn it!

LINDA
Looks like Flash was here...

COP
No comment.

EXT. POLICE STATION

Magnificent.

In an alley behind it, The Flash skids to a stop. Panting for breath. Sweating. He begins to walk toward the wall.

INT. FORENSICS LABORATORY

The Flash comes THROUGH the wall, as if it were never there. He continues into a small office and closes the door.

INT. BARRY ALLEN'S OFFICE

The shades are drawn. The Flash reaches up and pulls off his cowl...revealing a handsome man of 30, with intense blue eyes, and short blonde hair matted to his forehead. He's sweating profusely. Barry collapses in an office chair, still breathing hard. He opens a drawer, removes a handful of ENERGY BARS. Tears them open, slowly, still exhausted, and begins eating them.

Barry spots an intimidating pile of paperwork on his desk, tears ruefully into another energy bar.

EXT. SUBURBAN HOUSE -- EVENING

Idyllic. Evening. A few cars drive past.

LINDA (V.O.)
Apprehended by none other than The Flash...

A woman is watching Linda report the incident on a television. The phone rings. The woman reaches for it.

WOMAN
Hmm? Sure, Jay. Sure. We're still on. No, he's not home yet. No, I know. I saw. Looking forward to it too. Bye.

LINDA (V.O.)
Known for his feats of superspeed...

Linda is interviewing a young cop on TV.

COP
I don't know where we'd be without him.

WOMAN (O.S.)
I do...

The voice belongs to IRIS ALLEN, 28. Pretty and plain, short brown hair and bright green eyes. Iris turns off the TV. Looks at the clock. She sighs.

INT. BARRY ALLEN'S OFFICE

Barry FLIES through paperwork.

INT. LABORATORY

Barry peers through a microscope. Chemical reaction. Stains? Solvents? What? Slow, time consuming. Can't be rushed. He adjusts the focus and makes a note on a small worksheet. Readjusts the focus, squinting.

(Ignore my notes)

Barry stops, looks at his watch.

BARRY
Oh...damn it.

Barry turns and looks at the clock on the wall. Realizes.

INT. BEDROOM

Iris looks at the picture of her and Barry. Happy couple. Smiles. checks the clock.

IRIS
The Fastest Man Alive, and you still manage to be late for dinner.

BARRY (O.S.)
Iris?

Iris beams.

INT. ALLEN HOME, FOYER

Barry Allen closes the door, now wearing a simple overcoat. He drops his briefcase to the floor as Iris enters the foyer.

BARRY
I'm so sorry I'm late, hon. There was-

IRIS
I know. I saw.

BARRY
And I had some STAINS I HAD TO GET DONE for trial and...honey, I'm sorry.

IRIS
It's all right. You must be hungry.

BARRY
Famished. And something smells good.

IRIS
It's just pot roast.

BARRY
I was talking about you, gorgeous.

Barry kisses her. They move into the dining room.

EXT. NEWS VAN

Linda Park and her news associates pack up their equipment. Rival newsvans surround the street. Other REPORTERS doing their thing. Cops giving interviews, taking statements, etc.

JUSTIN
So are we good?

LINDA
I think we've got what we need. Thanks, J.

JUSTIN
Sure thing.

Linda rises, checks herself out in the mirror of a parked car.

MALE VOICE (O.S.)
You look great.
(Better line needed)

Linda looks in the mirror. The bottom of a young man's face, a big grin.

LINDA
Wally?

WALLY WEST, a goodlooking redheaded young man of 20.

WALLY
I came as soon as I heard on the radio. So, did you get to meet him?

LINDA
The Flash?

WALLY
Who else?

LINDA
No, he was long gone before I got here.

WALLY
Dang.

LINDA
He's not that amazing, Wally. I mean, he has all those powers to work with.

She gestures toward the cops. Men and women.

LINDA
Those people, they don't have the abilitities he has, and there they are. They're real heroes. The Flash is more of a celebrity.

WALLY
What did the guy ever do to you to deserve such animosity?

LINDA
Nothing. But he never did anything for me, either.

Wally kisses her.

WALLY
You eat yet?

LINDA
Nope. Been filming. Went on live. You buying?

WALLY
Nope.

LINDA
Fair enough.

The two of them move off, leaving behind the throng of reporters and gawkers.

EXT. BARRY ALLEN'S HOME -- NIGHT

A classic car is parked in the drive. Lights on in the living room.

INT. LIVING ROOM

Barry and Iris are sitting together on the couch.

GARRICK (V.O.)
I mean...who steals fiddles?

Barry and Iris convulse in laughter. The man across the room chuckles at his own joke. Middle-aged, balding. This is JAY GARRICK, and his blue eyes sparkle with mischief.

JAY
So how are you kids doing?

Barry looks at Iris.

IRIS
We're busy.

GARRICK
Oh?

IRIS
The Morning Show is something something something or other. And Barry...has his work.

IRIS
I should get to work on my whatever (she needs to be more than a reporter) You two behave yourselves.

She exits, Barry watches her go.

GARRICK
She's a good woman.

BARRY
She's a great woman. I'm lucky to be with her.

Garrick nods, drinks his beer.

GARRICK
Saw what you did this afternoon. The bank thing. Good work.

BARRY
Thanks. I think I'm getting a little too old for it.

GARRICK
No, I'm too old for it. You're still young.

BARRY
I've lost a step or two, Jay.

GARRICK
It happens. You get older, you lose a step or two. None of us can run forever. Kinda makes you appreciate the moment a little more.

Barry considers this.

GARRICK
How's Walter?

BARRY
He's well. Iris tells me that he graduates this Spring.

GARRICK
Does he still want to be a cop?

BARRY
I think so.

GARRICK
You know you're his hero, right?

BARRY
I'm no hero, Jay. I'm just a man.

Garrick just looks at him, incredulous.

BARRY
It's all going by so fast.

GARRICK
It will. Cherish it while you can.

Barry nods.

BARRY
I try.

GARRICK
Look...you have a lot of responsibility. But there's nothing that says you can't slow down once in a while and enjoy the good things in life.

Barry nods, mulling this over.

GARRICK
Speaking of...I should be going.

BARRY
Why's that?

GARRICK
So you can enjoy the good things in life.

Barry smiles.

BARRY
Always good to see you, Jay. Take care of yourself.

GARRICK
You too.

Barry heads to bed. Climbs in. She's falling asleep. He stands there for a long moment,
just watching her sleep. Then climbs into bed.

IRIS
Hey.

BARRY
I love you Iris.

IRIS
I love you too, Barry. Until the end of time.

Sirens.

IRIS
It's ok.

BARRY
It's probably nothing.

More sirens. Louder now.

He sighs.

IRIS
Barry...

Barry slides out of bed. Iris sits up, concerned.

BARRY
I'm sorry.

IRIS
Don't be. Just come back to me, ok?

BARRY
Always.

is that the actual you wrote, the first post seemed like a teaser trailer

@ The Batman:

You really think The Flash has what it needs for a major blockbuster? Honestly, I wouldn't want it to be a generic comic movie. They should be more original. But still, I don't know if he can support his own movie.

Are you kidding me?

In a world where Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and Blade can break bank, especially when three of those movies were nothing short of mediocre, and we're questioning whther the flash, a better known character than all four, can be a hit or not?

I think a lot of people on here have never read a Flash comic. I don't mean where he's part of an ensemble or a guest star, I mean one where it's just him doing his thing.

The first post was just the credits sequence, and the intro to the concept of The Speed Force.

For the FLASH EXPERTS:

How's the Mike Baron run?

@ The Guard Interesting read so far. I see you gave Barry Wally hyper-metabolism. and you changed Wally's name to Walter?
For the FLASH EXPERTS:

I don't consider myself an expert but I'll answer this.

Controversial. I like it but most people were upset at the fact that Wally actually had a sex life.

For the FLASH EXPERTS:

Baron's 14-issue run kicked off the Wally West series. It's an enjoyable, although somewhat mixed, run. Baron introduced some characters who were important in the first four or five years of the series: Tina and Jerry McGee, Chunk, Connie Noleski, Red Trinity, Blue Trinity, and Kilg%re.

Wally often acted like a jerk during Baron's run, in particular he was very materialistic. As Flash Facts said the run was also controversial at the time because it was a lot more sexual (and more violent) than the Barry Allen Flash comics.

William Messner-Loebs, in his 46-issue run, made Wally more likable. He kept the characters introduced by Baron as the supporting cast, but deepened their characters and generally made better use of them than Baron did (he also added Mason Trollbridge, a reformed Pied Piper, and - most importantly - Linda Park). Messner-Loebs also brought in the traditional Flash rogues gallery, whereas Baron had preferred to create new villains (apart from Vandal Savage, who featured prominently in the Baron run).

to answer the thread question...

I think he could definitely hold his own in a epic film, or even a trilogy, without even including multiple flashes.

He had an awesome TV series in the 90s. so 2 hour movie is a piece of cake.

I don't think Flash has the stories, and characters and ESPECIALLY powers (since he can only run fast) to support the action scenes and the entire story of a Flash movie. What do yall think?

IF JUMPER COULD BE MADE INTO A MOVIE WITH THE POWER TO TELEPORT, WHY CANT THERE BE A MOVIE ABOUT SUPERSPEED?

I don't think Flash has the stories, and characters

You need to read some Flash comics. All of the Flashes are interesting individuals with fascinating supporting casts and enemies brimming with potential.

There's plenty of stories to mine in the comic books. Like all comic franchises it merely requires people to look for them.

and ESPECIALLY powers (since he can only run fast) to support the action scenes and the entire story of a Flash movie. What do yall think?

Flashes can do more then run fast. It's how they use the speed (which they can be very, very creative) and their link to the Speed Force (which gives them even more powers to use) that makes them incredibly tough opponents to fight in combat.

I'm still in favor of a passing of the torch movie featuring an older Barry Allen and a young Wally West.

I know he couldn't get Wonder Woman off the ground, but I think Joss Whedon would be the perfect Director and Writer for a Flash film.

I just watched the show's pilot again and I gotta tell ya, John Wesley Shipp HAS to reprise his role as Barry Allen. He was damn good and definitely deserves to come back in a flashback scene or something. You just know that the movie will be based on Wally so Barry should be there in a flashback with Kid Flash or something.

And might I add that this show was way ahead of it's time. The way they made use of the effects was fantastic. They took all kinds of shortcuts to make it look good and it worked great. I definitely have faith in a Flash movie.

I just watched the show's pilot again and I gotta tell ya, John Wesley Shipp HAS to reprise his role as Barry Allen. He was damn good and definitely deserves to come back in a flashback scene or something. You just know that the movie will be based on Wally so Barry should be there in a flashback with Kid Flash or something.

And might I add that this show was way ahead of it's time. The way they made use of the effects was fantastic. They took all kinds of shortcuts to make it look good and it worked great. I definitely have faith in a Flash movie.

where did you watch it? do you have the dvds?

I agree. Watching those episodes just makes me think how great a movie/TV show would be with the kind of FX we have now.

This may be controversial, but for a "Flash" movie, they may find themselves having to simplify the story a bit. Perhaps remove the earlier speedsters from continuity, and streamline the specifics of the Speed Force.

where did you watch it? do you have the dvds?
Nah, I wish. Someone had the pilot movie up on youtube. After watching it I definitely made the DVD a priority. I have to get my hands on that to see the rest. I watched the show as a kid but it was just so long ago that I forgot how good it was. When he made a sonic boom for the first time my jaw dropped.

This may be controversial, but for a "Flash" movie, they may find themselves having to simplify the story a bit. Perhaps remove the earlier speedsters from continuity, and streamline the specifics of the Speed Force.

i agree. i think that the whole generations might be too complicated...even for a trilogy even if it could be done.

This may be controversial, but for a "Flash" movie, they may find themselves having to simplify the story a bit.

That's what I'd expect to happen.

Perhaps remove the earlier speedsters from continuity,

You don't need to go that far. Have Jay Derrick (as a retired Flash) in the supporting cast or maybe just cameo (he could have died off-screen decades ago so Wally could find out about Jay at a "Flash Museum" dedicated to him which has footage of him with the media, during WW II etc) and Barry Allen dies passing the torch to Wally (setting up prequels which show Barry as the hero).

Bart and the Quick's would have to not used at all or saved for sequels.

and streamline the specifics of the Speed Force.

They could bring up the Speed Force in the sequels.

Max Mercury could debut to teach Wally how to use it.

With Savitar as the big bad.

M.O.S:

There's no reason Flash should just have one trilogy. Once the first trilogy sets up the premise then bring in the legacy characters for a second trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"