Who Is The New DAREDEVIL?

It'd be pretty exciting if it were Taskmaster. But it probably won't be for just that reason.

Anubis said:
Yeah, but why would Tasky do it?

Because the government paid him too. It wouldn't be the first time.

Why would the government pay him too?

He was seen flipping a coin? Therefore, he's Harvey Dent. The explosion from last Detective Comics issue must have displaced him into another dimension.

If Tasky did do it, he would have had to have been paid to. It could have been Foggy who paid him. Under the table. And that scene where he tells him to stop it was probally just for show incase the Feds were watching. Or maybe DD set it up before he got sent to the Joint. Or it's Stick. Is Stick still alive?

okay, here's the deal. it can't be bullseye, spider-man or punisher, as they're all accounted for elsewhere. so...here's the list of suspects:

1. hawkeye - most likely, in my opinion. remember, it's been said that clint barton will be making a return in civil war, not hawkeye. seems plausible to me that he'd return as daredevil.

2. nick fury - he's currently off the grid, so to speak. it also seems plausible that he'd take up the daredevil mantle both to keep tabs on the heroes, and to intigrate himself in the war, without being noticed as nick fury.

3. iron fist - i'm not sure where he's at, currently, but i don't think it's him. remember when ronin's identity was up for debate? luke cage dismissed ronin as being iron fist, due to the fact, that well...he'd just know.

4. taskmaster - i guess he could pull but off, but what would be the point, really? it's not like he's a major player in the marvel universe. cool character, but not important enough. and having foggy pay him off to pose as daredevil seems silly to me.

those are the four guys that, as to my knowledge, are not accounted for in civil war. thoughts?

Dwarf lord said:
He was seen flipping a coin? Therefore, he's Harvey Dent. The explosion from last Detective Comics issue must have displaced him into another dimension.

That's what I said. Finally someone is coming to their senses.

i just had a CRAZY theory pop into my head......

two characters that were at the gathering of heroes in civil war #1 seemed a little out of place....the 2 being Goliath and Nighthawk......

so i thought didn't these 2 appear in issues of The Thing not too long ago.....along with ANOTHER character.....Constrictor......

at the end of this arc in Thing doesn't Nighthawk say that he is going to try and get Constrictor to get his life together and start working on the good side again...to try and reform him?

and it just so happens these 2 lower rung characters who appeared in Thing after a long hiatus ALSO appear in Civil War.....minus Constrictor? interesting

so my theory......and its a LONG shot....is maybe Daredevil is Constrictor

ALSO the "new" Daredevil is appearing in Cable/Deadpool's Civil War crossover......didn't Constrictor use to be Deadpool's roomate once upon a time? ohh the drama

so yeah conspiracy theory....BIG TIME

The new Daredevil is really.....

YOU!

[M. Knight] What a twist![/M. Knight]

The new DD is Foggy Nelson. Look out for the upcoming mini-series Foggy Nelson: Rebirth by Geoff John & Ethan Van Sciver.

NinjinSteve said:
i just had a CRAZY theory pop into my head......

two characters that were at the gathering of heroes in civil war #1 seemed a little out of place....the 2 being Goliath and Nighthawk......

so i thought didn't these 2 appear in issues of The Thing not too long ago.....along with ANOTHER character.....Constrictor......

at the end of this arc in Thing doesn't Nighthawk say that he is going to try and get Constrictor to get his life together and start working on the good side again...to try and reform him?

and it just so happens these 2 lower rung characters who appeared in Thing after a long hiatus ALSO appear in Civil War.....minus Constrictor? interesting

so my theory......and its a LONG shot....is maybe Daredevil is Constrictor

ALSO the "new" Daredevil is appearing in Cable/Deadpool's Civil War crossover......didn't Constrictor use to be Deadpool's roomate once upon a time? ohh the drama

so yeah conspiracy theory....BIG TIME

That would involve Marvel Acknowledgin Don Slott's Stuff.

photojones2 said:
okay, here's the deal. it can't be bullseye, spider-man or punisher, as they're all accounted for elsewhere. so...here's the list of suspects:

1. hawkeye - most likely, in my opinion. remember, it's been said that clint barton will be making a return in civil war, not hawkeye. seems plausible to me that he'd return as daredevil.

2. nick fury - he's currently off the grid, so to speak. it also seems plausible that he'd take up the daredevil mantle both to keep tabs on the heroes, and to intigrate himself in the war, without being noticed as nick fury.

3. iron fist - i'm not sure where he's at, currently, but i don't think it's him. remember when ronin's identity was up for debate? luke cage dismissed ronin as being iron fist, due to the fact, that well...he'd just know.

4. taskmaster - i guess he could pull but off, but what would be the point, really? it's not like he's a major player in the marvel universe. cool character, but not important enough. and having foggy pay him off to pose as daredevil seems silly to me.

those are the four guys that, as to my knowledge, are not accounted for in civil war. thoughts?

Hawkeye - Why? I know it's gonna end up beinh Hawkeye (I just know it) but why? Why would Clint Barton do it? Why would he just not be Hawkeye again?

Nick Fury - that's exacly what I was trying to say in another post but couldn't find the words. He knows Matt is DD, he sees Matt is gone, so he steps up tp be there but not be seen.

Iron Fist - I see why he would do it.....but I think that after years of figting the way he does it would be hard not to use his power. Has DD been seen with glowing hands lately?

Taskmaster - I still think Taskmaster makes the most sense. Why do you all think he wouldn't do it? Matt or Foggy could have paid him. Tony (Taskmaster, likely not his real name) will do anything for money and he's not a bad guy, it's just better money to do bad things. In the Taskmaster Mini he shot a guy to stop Iron Man, Both shots wee perfect and missed all main organs. He knew that Iron Man would get the guy to a hosptial, therefore not a bad guy. And back around Captain America #330 or so the government actually hired Taskmaster to train John Walker as the new Captain America. So he will do good things for money.

Just a though.......Who really really wants to hide from everyone right now?

The New Daredevil is Nitro.

some interesting thoughts here peeps...

I'm leaning more towards Hawkeye (who, granted, would require some extensive training to reach the level of Matt Murdock's athletic ability) or Taskmaster (who is quite feasible, given that he'll do almost anything for the right price)

I think it could put a really cool angle on the character if it turned out to be someone like Taskmaster, who is seen by the majority of heroes as a villain, or at the mildest as an anti-hero (on occasion. Sometime. Maybe.) Imagine the heroes' reaction to finding out that Matt had hired a man like that, just to protect his own identity?!

I mean, considering most of the people in that room know exactly who Daredevil really is, it's interesting that they didn't really acknowledge the fact that he was a completely different man?

maybe they're storing up their surprise for issue #4...

Roughneck said:
Just a though.......Who really really wants to hide from everyone right now?

The New Daredevil is Nitro.
To big to fit in the DD costume.

In CW #1 he looks almost exactly DD sized.....I was half joking anyway

We all know it's Boba Fett.

Or Eddie Brock

It must be Bucky.

Kingpin?

Hey, this one is actually serious. What if it's that Guy From Underworld? I Know the mini isn't over yet, but he's ot some powers now and he's got a mad on for taking down the Owl? That would rule ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"