Days of Future Past Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

The original trilogy cast so after this movie, they could do X4 next!

Lol I think a lot of people want a X4, I'm hoping that DOFP allows this, and we see the franchise diverge into X4 and FC. I just want to see McKellen and Fassbender face off in this film!

Magneto vs Magneto I think that would very cool!!!

I'm hoping that DOFP allows this, and we see the franchise diverge into X4 and FC.

exactly what Id love to happen.

two team movies for the next years after DOFP. what a perfect way to continue the franchise it would be

fingers crossed! :hrt:

I'm not sure 2 X-Men movie series would work very well. Imagine if they are gonna release X4 in 2015 then First Class 2 in 2016, then X5 in 2018 then First Class 3 in 2019. Even if they turned out to be good movies, it might confuse the casual viewers who aren't following the movie series. One series is set in the present and the other is set in the past. Casual viewers might easily get tired of it and it might affect the box-office performance of the movies.

So I'm hoping after DOFP, they will be done with the First Class cast and just move on with X-Men 4, 5 and 6. For First Class 2, I originally wanted to see how Professor X met Jean Grey and Cyclops. For First Class 3, I wanted to see how Storm met Professor X, I wanted to see how Beast left the X-Men and how Magneto met Sabretooth and Toad. But the plot of the First Class sequel is very different to what I imagined before and the fact that they are bringing back a couple of actors from the original trilogy, made me realized that they should just continue with the original cast and stop looking back on what happened in the past.

I really believe they could work, Fox just needs to make a big press release announcing their plans for the next years, like Marvel has done, with their phase 1, phase 2. (Fox doesnt need to call it 'phase', its just the idea of it)

If DOFP is released on 2014, 2015 should be the year where no x-men movie is released, so the hype for next movie will increase naturally for next year, 2016. We dont need 3 or 4 sequels with boths casts, just one sequel to each cast and Fox could move on with spin-offs, in case they feel the team movies have been enough.

This is how I'd do Foxs next phase:

2014: X-men Days of future past. (the real starting point)
2015: F4 reboot
2016: X-men 4
2017: First Class 3
2018: F4 sequel

One movie per year. And no more Wolverine standalone movies. They can handle one team movie each year perfectly, they are a big studio, and since Marvel have been releasing two movies a year since 2008, Fox can release only one year PERFECTLY. And it woulnt be oversaturation.

what do you all think? wouldnt the x-men fans and general viewers would love to see both a sequel to X-men 3 and a final sequel to FC?

Last edited:
I'm not sure 2 X-Men movie series would work very well. Imagine if they are gonna release X4 in 2015 then First Class 2 in 2016, then X5 in 2018 then First Class 3 in 2019. Even if they turned out to be good movies, it might confuse the casual viewers who aren't following the movie series. One series is set in the present and the other is set in the past. Casual viewers might easily get tired of it and it might affect the box-office performance of the movies.

So I'm hoping after DOFP, they will be done with the First Class cast and just move on with X-Men 4, 5 and 6. For First Class 2, I originally wanted to see how Professor X met Jean Grey and Cyclops. For First Class 3, I wanted to see how Storm met Professor X, I wanted to see how Beast left the X-Men and how Magneto met Sabretooth and Toad. But the plot of the First Class sequel is very different to what I imagined before and the fact that they are bringing back a couple of actors from the original trilogy, made me realized that they should just continue with the original cast and stop looking back on what happened in the past.

I really don't see them stopping with DOFP when it comes to the FC crew. If the main trio were down for a fourth and there was money to be made, I can see a 4th one happening. They've got an advantage the old cast is losing: youth. No offense to these lovely men, but Ian and Patrick aren't getting any younger and I can't see them wanting to keep doing X-Men for the rest of their lives. I can see the possibility of an X4 and if that does spectacular, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe there's a teeny tiny chance for X5, though I highly doubt it. They certainly weren't inspired to do X4 after X3, despite its box office earnings. They're better off letting the FC cast carry the torch until the whole thing is ready for a reboot 10 years down the line.

I feel like DOFP is the perfect timing to end the First Class cast because this is the movie where the cast of the original trilogy joins them. I feel like when the movie ends, the cast of First Class will pass the *torch* to the original cast to continue the X-Men movie series. For me, we should be done with the past and just move on to the future.

I think if I was the head of FOX or if I was Lauren Shuler Donner, the sequel for First Class would be an introduction to young Cyclops, young Jean Grey, Polaris and Sunfire and Mr. Sinister would be the main villain. I'd save Days of Future Past for First Class 3 where the cast of the original cast will appear. And that way, when Days of Future Past finally happens, all of the major X-Men characters such as (Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, professor X, Magneto, Storm, Beast) would be in the same movie without bringing back the dead characters from the original trilogy.

Then after First Class 3, I would move on with X-Men 4 and the main villain would be Apocalypse. Then maybe in X5/X6 I would bring back Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. But thats not going to happen.

So right now I hope after Days of Future Past, the next three X-Men movies will be:
X-Men 4 (2016)
X-Men 5 (2018)
X-Men 6 (2020)

The gap is 2 years. No more spin-off movies for now. I just want FOX to prioritize the original X-Men movie series.

If the main trio were down for a fourth and there was money to be made, I can see a 4th one happening. They've got an advantage the old cast is losing: youth. No offense to these lovely men, but Ian and Patrick aren't getting any younger and I can't see them wanting to keep doing X-Men for the rest of their lives. I can see the possibility of an X4 and if that does spectacular, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe there's a teeny tiny chance for X5, though I highly doubt it. They certainly weren't inspired to do X4 after X3, despite its box office earnings. They're better off letting the FC cast carry the torch until the whole thing is ready for a reboot 10 years down the line.

Actually they don't need to bring back Magneto and Professor X for X4 as they were already two of the main characters of the original trilogy. So I would like them to take a break for a while.

The X-Men will continue without Professor X. The X-Men will face a new group of evil mutants. For me Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore and Ben Foster are the only ones that has to comeback for X-Men 4. I would give Angel and Colossus more character development so the audience would know them more. I would bring back Rogue's power and she'd super strong just like in the comics. Storm and Wolverine would be the leaders of the X-Men just like in X3. I would add Psylocke as the latest addition to the X-Men. Apocalypse would be the protagonist for the movie and he could be the main villain for X5 and X6 too. X4, X5 and X6 should be the next phase for the X-Men movie series.

First phase- X1, X2, X3 (the original trilogy)
Second phase- XOW, XFC, TW, XDOFP (spin-offs)
Third phase- X4, X5, X6 (continuation of the original cast)

Actually they don't need to bring back Magneto and Professor X for X4 as they were already two of the main characters of the original trilogy. So I would like them to take a break for a while.

The X-Men will continue without Professor X. The X-Men will face a new group of evil mutants. For me Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Daniel Cudmore and Ben Foster are the only ones that has to comeback for X-Men 4. I would give Angel and Colossus more character development so the audience would know them more. I would bring back Rogue's power and she'd super strong just like in the comics. Storm and Wolverine would be the leaders of the X-Men just like in X3. I would add Psylocke as the latest addition to the X-Men. Apocalypse would be the protagonist for the movie and he could be the main villain for X5 and X6 too. X4, X5 and X6 should be the next phase for the X-Men movie series.

First phase- X1, X2, X3 (the original trilogy)
Second phase- XOW, XFC, TW, XDOFP (spin-offs)
Third phase- X4, X5, X6 (continuation of the original cast)

I like the idea of continuing the original cast but I think blueserenity is right with the age thing. Although Halle, Hugh, Famke, James etc all look good for their ages they are beginning to push 50.

I think they should continue the First Class series after DoFP but put in on hiatus for a while. After DoFP they should have an X4 and X5 shot back to back like they're doing with the hobbit. They should bring everyone from the original cast back and it should focus on Apocalypse then that should be the final outing for the original cast then have a first class sequel. It would allow time for the FC actors to get older and so if the FC sequel was set in the eighties we could have young storm, jean, scott. And it allows for the FC actors to pursue other projects before returning to X-Men.

So my take would be

Phase 1: X1, X2, X3, XOW
Phase 2: XFC, TW, DOFP
Phase 3: X4. X5
Phase 4: FC2 and all its subsequent sequels.

It looks like from the poll so far most people want to see the focus for DOFP be on the original trilogy. I just hope they're not relegated to just cameos. I miss the old team

The First Class cast. The idea that Days of Future Past should focus more on the mutants in the dystopian future, instead of the mutants trying to prevent it, is just silly.

Last edited:
The original cast. The idea that Days of Future Past should focus more on the mutants in the dystopian future, instead of the mutants trying to prevent it, is just silly.

So you mean the First Class cast. The original cast is the actors from the original trilogy e.g. Patrick, Ian, Hugh and whoever else comes back.

Yes. I have really been screwing this up, lately.

I struggle to think of a series that returned to its old cast after relaunching the series with young fresh faces. Which is another reason why I don't expect the old cast to headline DoFP.

After FC movies end, I think the most likely thing is a total reboot with brand new, young actors, not a return to the old cast.

The First Class cast. The idea that Days of Future Past should focus more on the mutants in the dystopian future, instead of the mutants trying to prevent it, is just silly.

I don't think its silly. The cast of the first trilogy are the original stars of this franchise. And commercially, FOX made the most money with them, especially when you inflate the box-office numbers. So its not a bad idea to give them more focus.

But story-wise, it's the mutants in the past whose actions have the most meaning and bearing on the plot - no the future mutants. However popular they might be.

I don't think its silly. The cast of the first trilogy are the original stars of this franchise. And commercially, FOX made the most money with them, especially when you inflate the box-office numbers. So its not a bad idea to give them more focus.

The original cast is great for marketing. Their being the focus is not necessary otherwise. It's also incredibly short sighted, if the studio isn't looking to continue using them beyond Days of Future Past.

The original cast is great for marketing. Their being the focus is not necessary otherwise. It's also incredibly short sighted, if the studio isn't looking to continue using them beyond Days of Future Past.

Well right now, we still don't know what movie are they gonna do after this movie. They could continue with the First Class cast or continue with the original cast. But I think, the original cast is more appealing to casual viewers and if FOX is smart and if they want their movies to be really successful and earn more money than the previous X-Men movies, they should just continue with the original cast after this movie.

I really believe they could work, Fox just needs to make a big press release announcing their plans for the next years, like Marvel has done, with their phase 1, phase 2. (Fox doesnt need to call it 'phase', its just the idea of it)
Hmm, not sure if that's necessary for Fox. Marvel sort of has to since they have way more properties than Fox. Fox only has 3 (X-Men, Wolverine, FF). It would be redundant to announce a 4 year plan that includes sequels to sequels that were just announced as well.

If DOFP is released on 2014, 2015 should be the year where no x-men movie is released, so the hype for next movie will increase naturally for next year, 2016. We dont need 3 or 4 sequels with boths casts, just one sequel to each cast and Fox could move on with spin-offs, in case they feel the team movies have been enough.

This is how I'd do Foxs next phase:

2014: X-men Days of future past. (the real starting point)
2015: F4 reboot
2016: X-men 4
2017: First Class 3
2018: F4 sequel

One movie per year. And no more Wolverine standalone movies. They can handle one team movie each year perfectly, they are a big studio, and since Marvel have been releasing two movies a year since 2008, Fox can release only one year PERFECTLY. And it woulnt be oversaturation.

what do you all think? wouldnt the x-men fans and general viewers would love to see both a sequel to X-men 3 and a final sequel to FC?
I think Fox needs Wolverine standalone films and they can work too. Wolverine is basically a property all its own and can work independently form the the X-Men unlike other mutants. He's the only mutant that has had his own specific, on-going comic title for 20 years. To not give Wolverine his own film series is like not giving Cap, Spidey, Iron Man, Hulk, etc their own film series. Wolverine is what gives Fox an advantage over Sony in addition to FF. I'd rather them give Wolverine his own film series than to have him go back to jacking the main X-Men films as his own movies, because that's the alternative. IMO it should look like this:

2013: The Wolverine (THIS is the start of the new universe as stated by Millar)
2014: X-Men: DOFP
2015: FF
2016: Wolverine film
2017: Pseudo-rebooted X-Men film (created from the aftermath of DOFP)
2018: FF sequel
2019: Cross-over event

This would be the ideal future for Fox. I'm excited just looking at it honestly. They can really make a universe that, while not as deep as Marvel Studios' main MCU, can have a breadth of content and provide a new film every year without getting stale.

So in your opinion, Fox should leave the FC cast after this sequel?

with Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy...

?

So in your opinion, Fox should leave the FC cast after this sequel?

with Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy...

?
No, not necessarily. I don't want to go so far as to predict what will come out of DOFP but things obviously won't be the same after it. I will say though that I have to wonder how far they can go with these X-Men films set completely in the past when Wolverine and FF are going to be set in the present, they're limited in what they can do, and the most iconic X-Men are characters in the present.

Last edited:
Yeah thats what I thought too. I don't think they should keep making X-Men movies set in the past, thats why I think the First Class cast should be done after this movie.

I find a bit sad that you guys cant see the real potential of the First Class series.

(I know, X4 has a huge potential too, none will deny that)

Just follow these little steps:

- Remember quickly the comics from the 60's, 70's and 80's and those plots, villains and all.
- Now imagine teen Cyclops and Jean joining Beast, Havok and Banshee, more Charles...
- Then imagine teen Storm in the mix too.
- Now a villain like Mr. Sinister and Maradeurs capturing Cyclops and Jean and the x-men fighting with him.
- then add a few cameos/secondary roles here and there like Polaris, Sunfire, Dazzler...
- then another sequel telling the Mutant Massacre. Gambit in the mix maybe. And Scott, Jean and Storm a bit older, naturally.
- Imagine ALL of this in a total of four movies, with the special effects of 21 century, with Singer.

And now tell me this wont be an amazing series.

seriously. does this have a huge potential? (appart from X4). Just answer this question, please

I find a bit sad that you guys cant see the real potential of the First Class series.

Just follow these little steps:

- Now imagine teen Cyclops and Jean joining Beast, Havok and Banshee, more Charles...
- Then imagine teen Storm in the mix too.
- Now a villain like Mr. Sinister and Maradeurs capturing Cyclops and Jean and the x-men fighting with him.
- then add a few cameos/secondary roles here and there like Polaris, Sunfire, Dazzler...

And now tell me this wont be an amazing series.

seriously. does this have a huge potential? (appart from X4). Just answer this question, please

I already said yesterday that before Days of Future Past was officially announced as the story for this First Class sequel. I imagined First Class 2 as an introduction to young Cyclops, young Jean Grey, Polaris, Sunfire and Mr. Sinister would be the main villain. Then for First Class 3, I wanted to see how Beast left the X-Men, how Magneto met Sabretooth and Toad.

But things changed when they announced that they are gonna bring back some of the cast from the original trilogy. It also suddenly opens a door for a potential X-Men 4 movie. I think after DOFP, its the perfect time to go back to the original cast and make a X-Men 4 movie. And this is a movie series, I doubt FOX would make 2 X-Men series that 1 is set in the present and 1 is set in the past. I don't think the casual viewers could keep up with that. Plus there's more money to earn with the original cast than with the cast of First Class, so I think it will be a smart move for FOX to continue with X-Men 4 after DOFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"