Who will Lead the X-Men after Xavier's passing?

green said:
I agree and disagree. I love the team format but its a costly way to go when making movies especially like this, also characters always get shafted in ensemble pieces. Spin-offs are a great way to expand on the character without having to include so many other characers. Wolverine and Magneto Im looking forward to seeing, Young X-Men (if the actresses mentioned are seriously in contention for roles ) not so much.

They may be costly, but is that really our problem? The X-men films so far have actually cost much less than other superhero flicks. X1 cost 75 and X2 cost 110. Whereas you look at Spider-man and the Hulk which both cost 135, Batman Begins which cost 150, and Spider-man 2 which cost 200. As far as characters getting shafted, I think if they chose to go beyond X3 and Xavier has died, Cyke and Jean can take over the school. And then Storm and Logan can leave to go off on their own, thus making way for other characters to shine. It's not that hard to devote quality time to many characters, just look at Lord of the Rings. IMO a second trilogy is where Cyclops could truly have a chance to shine, him and Gambit could be front and center.

I will admit I'm looking forward to the solo Wolverine flick, but not as much as I am more sequels. We've seen enough of Wolvie and Magneto in these first few movies so I'm not exactly jumping at the bit to see whole films devoted to just them, especially Magneto. Wolverine at least has the added benefit of expanding on characters like Sabretooth and Deathstrike, and possibly introducing Omega Red if he hasnt been already.

Personaly I would like to see maneto take over... take the mutants underground so to speak, not so much because of a change of heart as a change in situation.

I think Magneto will see the potncila in all the X men and refuse to simply let them go, He ALWAYS respected Xavier, it wasn't real...hate, so I doubt he hates the X Men.

cookiva said:
Key word= POSSIBLY

I dont want to repeat myself too much, but our director loves these characters, and will respect them.

I know he loves the characters, despite the fact I can't remember the quote from him that spelled that out, but it's the studio and producers I'm worried about. Ratner isn't exactly top-dog in Hollywood and therefore it would be very easy for the studio to try to push some creative say on him. We've already gotten a little wind of this considering Arad and Winter are the ones doing most of the talking and not Ratner.

I just think, at this point, all the signs point more towards Cyclops dying then not dying. Not to mention Arad's comment in the video that Wolvie will have to be a leader, which is something Cyke should be doing.

tonytr1687 said:
I know he loves the characters, despite the fact I can't remember the quote from him that spelled that out, but it's the studio and producers I'm worried about. Ratner isn't exactly top-dog in Hollywood and therefore it would be very easy for the studio to try to push some creative say on him. We've already gotten a little wind of this considering Arad and Winter are the ones doing most of the talking and not Ratner.

I just think, at this point, all the signs point more towards Cyclops dying then not dying. Not to mention Arad's comment in the video that Wolvie will have to be a leader, which is something Cyke should be doing.

Well, if he does die, and thats a big if, we can agree that it wont be ala AICN script death. It will be later in the film, maybe at the end.

If Cyke dies, Jean wont come back.

tonytr1687 said:
They may be costly, but is that really our problem?
No it's Fox Studios who are notoriously cheap.

The X-men films so far have actually cost much less than other superhero flicks. X1 cost 75 and X2 cost 110. Whereas you look at Spider-man and the Hulk which both cost 135, Batman Begins which cost 150, and Spider-man 2 which cost 200. As far as characters getting shafted, I think if they chose to go beyond X3 and Xavier has died, Cyke and Jean can take over the school. And then Storm and Logan can leave to go off on their own, thus making way for other characters to shine. It's not that hard to devote quality time to many characters, just look at Lord of the Rings. IMO a second trilogy is where Cyclops could truly have a chance to shine, him and Gambit could be front and center.

I will admit I'm looking forward to the solo Wolverine flick, but not as much as I am more sequels. We've seen enough of Wolvie and Magneto in these first few movies so I'm not exactly jumping at the bit to see whole films devoted to just them, especially Magneto. Wolverine at least has the added benefit of expanding on characters like Sabretooth and Deathstrike, and possibly introducing Omega Red if he hasnt been already.

I still agree with you I would love an X4 over spin offs, I just dont see it happening studio wise, unless X3 is an incredible success, even then I think they are still going to try and go with the spin offs.

The budget is around $200 million. They arnt that cheap...

I wish the X-Men TAS NEVER ended the way it did. It would have been interesting to see Magneto in charge :p

TillTheEndOfTime said:
I wish the X-Men TAS NEVER ended the way it did. It would have been interesting to see Magneto in charge :p

You know, I loved the TAS, but not many people who read comics appreciate it. They say that it didnt follow the comics enough, but you know what? Its a different interpretation. Same with the films!!!

Ya, I wish Magneto had atleast 5 episodes as the leader.

cookiva said:
You know, I loved the TAS, but not many people who read comics appreciate it. They say that it didnt follow the comics enough, but you know what? Its a different interpretation. Same with the films!!!

I loved X:TAS. I bought the complete series (plus pryde of the x-men) on DVD a couple months ago)

LittleMissVixen said:
I loved X:TAS. I bought the complete series (plus pryde of the x-men) on DVD a couple months ago)

I have it too. I got mine on ebay. Pryde of the Xmen is hilarious! I love Wolverines accent!!!

green said:
No it's Fox Studios who are notoriously cheap.

I still agree with you I would love an X4 over spin offs, I just dont see it happening studio wise, unless X3 is an incredible success, even then I think they are still going to try and go with the spin offs.

Well I'm not arguing if they will or won't make an X4 over spinoffs, I'm arguing if they should. And I think they should, there's plenty of stories and plenty of characters that can be fleshed out. But you're right, as far as if it will actually happen, most likely we'll see spinoffs. But who knows, the producers havn't ruled out an X4 and beyond. But this sorta spinoff mindset is exactly why Gambit should have been in X3, because it was his last chance. Or at least his last chance to be featured in a team movie, since it's possible he could be in a Young X-men spinoff, but that's not how it should be.

Hopefully seeing how they released the complete Fantastic Four Animated Series on DVD before the Movie came out the X-Men TAS will be out on DVD before X3 & same with Spider-Man

Heck they already have Batman TAS on DVD & Superman TAS

tonytr1687 said:
Well I'm not arguing if they will or won't make an X4 over spinoffs, I'm arguing if they should. And I think they should, there's plenty of stories and plenty of characters that can be fleshed out. But you're right, as far as if it will actually happen, most likely we'll see spinoffs. But who knows, the producers havn't ruled out an X4 and beyond. But this sorta spinoff mindset is exactly why Gambit should have been in X3, because it was his last chance. Or at least his last chance to be featured in a team movie, since it's possible he could be in a Young X-men spinoff, but that's not how it should be.

By "young", they dont mean preschoolers. They mean 15-20 year olds, therefore, pretty much what we have now. Gambit could be put in as a 20 year old.

cookiva said:
If they hadnt gone with the Pheonix plot line early in the series, I could see Jean being the leader.

I think they rushed to the Phoenix plot as well... if they were going to do it they should have done it right and had the cast film 2-3 movies back-to0back ala "Lord of The Rings" and "The Matrix" sequels.

TillTheEndOfTime said:
Never been 100 % confirmed that he dies either

ALWAYS believe it when you SEE IT not when you "read it"

I don't believe this 100%, but I am no ruling it out either. That is why my orginial question starts with "If/when Xavier is killed off". I am hoping that they don't make that move.

I think that if Xavier dies towards the end then they wont really need a leader...

Electrix said:
I think that if Xavier dies towards the end then they wont really need a leader...

Probably not in X3 but if (BIG IF) they go for X4, they will need one. IMO.

If he dies, then Storm will probably take over

cookiva said:

Yeah I grew up on the animated series. How I first heard of X-men.

cookiva said:
I havent heard anything about Mystique getting the cure, except for the AICN script. I myself am an optimist, and it appears as if everyone here is not. They are planning for characters to die, which I doubt will happen. Singer was not a fan of the comics, and he treated characters wrong, setting them up to "die". Ratner loves the Xmen, and he will respect the characters.

Geez...the thread is asking everyone's opinion IF Xavier passes away. It might not have been reflected on the title but it has been mentioned more than enough times in various posts...IF Xavier dies, who should lead the team? What's the harm in answering the question hypothetically?

LOL on the "Singer set these characters up to die"

Also there's a difference between being optimistic (a think a number of us here are cautiously optimistic about this film) and, i can't think of a better term for it but, blind love.

N_z0 said:
Geez...the thread is asking everyone's opinion IF Xavier passes away. It might not have been reflected on the title but it has been mentioned more than enough times in various posts...IF Xavier dies, who should lead the team? What's the harm in answering the question hypothetically?

Also there's a difference between being optimistic (a think a number of us here are cautiously optimistic about this film) and, i can't think of a better term for it but, blind love.

Thank you... :D

N_z0 said:

Im just saying that we are placing our trust in a site that claimed that Brett Ratner was going to make Supermans powers come from his costume. AICN is the least reliable source. I even trust IMDB more!!!

i dont want to read all 4 pages of this so i am if this has been said just ignore this but in the avi arad thingy on f4 he said wolverine would be doing the one thing he does not want to do the most and that is lead, stupid in my mind cause cyke should lead but hey, what can i do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"