Who will Lead the X-Men after Xavier's passing?

Well with Cyke possibly dying and Jean off doing Phoenix biz.....that leaves who exactly to lead? Prof X, Storm and Wovlerine all being leaders....that leaves the x-kids to lead into battle? Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus and....who else? I really think that all the others mention will be cameos only...oh i forgot..Angel and Beast will be here too....

God I hope he doesn't....even if he doesn't tho...Wolverine is the team leader? wtf?

No... I think Avi as implying he'd glue the team back together and keep them as just that - a team...

i've said it before, and i'll say it again.....if they kill of xavier and try to make an x4 it'll be dumb

Not necessarily... Xavier has abscense a lot in the comics... its not that unheard of.

no of course not, b/c the comics are comics.....but how many times in the comics does he come back?

exactly.

this is film we're talking about here...if you kill off a character (especially in the x-series which prides itself on being reality-based), he/she will be expected to STAY dead by the casual audience

however i think it'd be ok, if they brought back stewart for an AI program like an upgraded cerebro or something created by beast

cookiva said:
Im just saying that we are placing our trust in a site that claimed that Brett Ratner was going to make Supermans powers come from his costume. AICN is the least reliable source. I even trust IMDB more!!!

You're being over dramatic.

AICN was the first to give us unofficially released shots of the X-men costumes way back in 1999/2000. From various set reports and spy pictures, it's been proven that some of the things mentioned in that draft from AICN has panned out. Obviously not all of the scenes that were enumerated will be what will be shown in the movie, as has been the case with the previous two films, this film is written and rewritten constantly as the shoot goes on.

Again, what's the harm in considering the possibility of that part of the draft being true? Afterall, this is the spoiler forum...where we discuss possible spoilers for the film, which isn't a whole lot right now.

Wow, interesting thread Weather Man! :up:

Here's my take on the situation: As far as the films are concerned, Scott is by far in the best position to take the reins of the team. James Marsden portrays the character in a respectable, "take-charge" manner--and it's convincing. He is a leader in all categories. So I would *prefer* him to take the mantle, with Storm as his right-hand woman.

However, if Scott is either (a) too emotionally distraught to lead after Jean's "death" or (b) killed off early, then Storm should step to the plate. Bryan did give her some leadership qualities in the 2nd and 3rd acts of X2, for she managed the team all the way to Alkali Lake, through the Dark Cerebro sequence, and rescuing the children and shutting down Professor X.

But my problem with movie Storm is that she is not imposing enough. We need an in-your-face Storm and thusfar the way Halle's character has been written (as well as her acting portrayal) it has all come across rather passive.

The only way a Storm/Wolverine co-leadership would work is if Storm makes the rules and Logan--who is more abrasive and tough--enforces them as her right-hand man.

^ no way in hell the audience will like to see wolverine as storm's *****

As Storm's what?

I doubt the audience will object to Hugh and Halle getting it on....

Are you sure that isnt just your opinion?

Electrix said:
As Storm's what?

I doubt the audience will object to Hugh and Halle getting it on....

Are you sure that isnt just your opinion?

You're giving the audience way too little credit. People are smarter these days and expect more out of movies. So I'm sure if Wolvie and Storm get together they'll be like "WTF? Jean dies and now her friend is getting together with the guy that constantly lusted after her?" I only see little glamour-obsessed teenagers being glad with a relationship between them.

tonytr1687 said:
You're giving the audience way too little credit. People are smarter these days and expect more out of movies. So I'm sure if Wolvie and Storm get together they'll be like "WTF? Jean dies and now her friend is getting together with the guy that constantly lusted after her?" I only see little glamour-obsessed teenagers being glad with a relationship between them.
They might be a little confused or annoyed by it but I doubt they'll be angry

Im pretty sure that after various producers comments about starting the Storm character 'from scratch' is that we will see the floaty, white eyed, "I am a godess of naturrrrrrrrreee!!!!!' Storm that some people seem to love, yes I am willing to bet that storm will have much much more ANGER and confidence in her this time around.

Wolverine can lead. He was very much an assertive leader making decisions (albeit not always rational ones) about the battle at the Statue of Liberty in X1, and also he lead the students to escape in X2 and he seems to have the respect of the younger ones, its just I can't help but wonder, would Pyro have flamed those cops if Cyclops was there?

With that said, Ill buy Scott in emotional turmoil, the movie scott is a little bit weaker than the comic one (Think the scene in X1 where Jean gets slimed by Toad, Cyke gets frustrated and say 'oh god' before finally deciding to blow the slime off with his beam, Yes, he loves Jean and so he is worried, but the leader that I believe Cyke should be, would be calm and rational and blow the slime off FIRST and then comfort Jean). We know that Cyke SHOULD lead the team, in fact this very topic was discussed in the first film, but we are also a little bit worried about his role in the third film as it seems he may be sidelined to expand the roles of the previously mentioned X-Men.

Jean Grey: Well, who knows what transformation Jean will go under in the third film? Although despite the idea that the leader of the X-Men was (possibly) once (one of) the greatest threat(s) the world has ever known I would much prefer to see Jean in charge of a Xavier and Cyclopsless X-Men than Wolverine or Storm. (Sorry Storm fans).

With that said I think X-Kid is the best choice to lead the team afterwards.

tonytr1687 said:

Gezz...I think people would be more upset if Storm was playing house with Cyclops.

LittleMissVixen said:
Gezz...I think people would be more upset if Storm was playing house with Cyclops.

I'm not saying they'd be hella angry, but they'd be confused and probably wouldn't buy it at all.

LittleMissVixen said:

Exactly. I think Wolverine pretty much got the fact the she chose Cyke in the end of the film "She chose you". Although I think he would drop a relationship with Storm in a minute to be with Jean, a relationship between Storm and Wolverine could work... it worked in the comics, why not explore it in the films? If Cyke, Xavier and Jean are not with the program after X3 and the franchise continues, I would think that they would explore Storm, Beast and Wolverine as leaders. Storm would definitely need to stay in the picture because she would then be the senior member of the crew, but Wolverine had definitely garnered respect throughout the school. I don't know what direction they're taking Beast in, in regards to character, but I am sure that Kelsey will add some leadership credibility to the character. :xmen:

tonytr1687 said:
I'm not saying they'd be hella angry, but they'd be confused and probably wouldn't buy it at all.

I think they'd be OK tony. As long as the acting is on point, and its done right, they will be ok.

i hope they don't kill off xavier in the film... but if they do i would like for cyclops to take over leadership of the team. it would make more sense for wolverine's absence in future films... and i really doubt halle berry would want to do any more than a cameo in subsequent films. with storm, xavier, and wolverine essentially gone from x4 it would allow greater development of scott & jean's relationship, and the roles of more periphery characters (i.e., beast, angel, and the younger mutants). it would be interesting to see how magneto might manipulate the situation to his advantage & it xavier's death might be a harbinger to the first appearance of sinister & later apocalype.

Cyclops never had a chance in the movies, Wolverine's a cash cow for FOX and Hugh Jackman is know a megastar. While James Marsden is still pretty much a C-list actor and I'm sure FOX saw his loyalty to B.Singer as a betrayl with his role in 'Superman Returns'.
Cyke is deader than a doorknob. The future of the franchise for better or worse is in the hands of Hugh/Wolvie and Halle/Storm, and don't count on Patrick Stewart to be around for long. FOX has shown that he is not a major factor as far as sequels "kill him and make him a matyr" that's FOX's mindset.

In the end, it's no different than the comics with Wolverine taking over as far as marketing.:down :(

deemar325 said:
Cyclops never had a chance in the movies, Wolverine's a cash cow for FOX and Hugh Jackman is know a megastar. While James Marsden is still pretty much a C-list actor and I'm sure FOX saw his loyalty to B.Singer as a betrayl with his role in 'Superman Returns'.
Cyke is deader than a doorknob. The future of the franchise for better or worse is in the hands of Hugh/Wolvie and Halle/Storm, and don't count on Patrick Stewart to be around for long. FOX has shown that he is not a major factor as far as sequels "kill him and make him a matyr" that's FOX's mindset.

In the end, it's no different than the comics with Wolverine taking over as far as marketing.:down :(

Scary... but possibly true! :(

tonytr1687 said:

You're right--people ARE smarter and studios know that. I seriously doubt that FOX would be so dumb to suddenly throw Storm and Logan together when they know full well the audiences will be lost.

I am not expecting them to be in some serious love-heavy relationship--if anything, X3 will simply show the beginning of a relationship between the two, with future films exploring the attraction.

Lightning Strikez! said:
You're right--people ARE smarter and studios know that. I seriously doubt that FOX would be so dumb to suddenly throw Storm and Logan together when they know full well the audiences will be lost.

I am not expecting them to be in some serious love-heavy relationship--if anything, X3 will simply show the beginning of a relationship between the two, with future films exploring the attraction.

:up: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"