who would you say is the most overrated Batman villain?

Silver Sable said:

You just said that just for the sake of saying it.

I agree on comics Penguin. He's just very one dimensional and uninteresting.

As this is in the section devoted to Batman films, I'll assume you mean which villain in a movie. That goes to 1989's Joker. Essentially, it's just like Jack Nicholson is playing the same role he's played in a dozen other movies.. it doesn't particularly interest me and the whole thing just comes off as campy. It's not bad, per se, but the performance gets more credit than it deserves.

Well, to clarify, I meant Bane, comics or movie. The only time I liked Bane was his first appearance in BTAS, Batman beats the bejeezus outta Bane and says to the guy who hired him (Thorne, was it?) "Is this the best you can do?" Kinda the way I feel about Bane overall.

In no way is Joker overrated, movies or comics. He is probably the greatest villain of all time. He CAN be campy, he is a psychopath. He is a clown, he is suposed to be funny yet psychotic. Joker has the best of both worlds, he is evil yet funny. The Joker is just as good a villain, as Batman is a hero. Just my opinion, lol. Not saying anyone in here is wrong, I just think Joker can never be OVERRATED.

I would say, for comics: hmmmm, I don't know. I am too big a fan of all the villains.

The movies: I would say The Riddler. I know a lot of people who liked Jim Carrey's performance. Personally I didn't

--dk7

darknight7 said:
In no way is Joker overrated, movies or comics. He is probably the greatest villain of all time. He CAN be campy, he is a psychopath. He is a clown, he is suposed to be funny yet psychotic. Joker has the best of both worlds, he is evil yet funny. The Joker is just as good a villain, as Batman is a hero. Just my opinion, lol. Not saying anyone in here is wrong, I just think Joker can never be OVERRATED.

Of course not. People is trying to be creative or something.

darknight7 said:
Not saying anyone in here is wrong, I just think Joker can never be OVERRATED.
In comics, probably not. But it's the film version that's laughable..... in all the wrong ways.

Yes, Nicholson almost made the movie failed in all kind of ways.

I like Jack Nicholson, I enjoy watching his films but in Batman 89 he stole the show from KEATON it was more about Joker who wasn't that threading and Nicholson had the best lines in the movie.

I hope who ever Nolan chooses to play Joker won’t over shadow in BB2 it should be about “BATMAN” but also enough screen-time for Joker.

I'm going to say Catwoman,mainly because of the pile of s*** 2004 :down movie.
However Catwoman was perfect in Batman Returns.:up: :)

Doc Ock 1 said:
I'm going to say Catwoman,mainly because of the pile of s*** 2004 :down movie.
However Catwoman was perfect in Batman Returns.:up: :)

I know what you mean. Michelle Pfeiffer was always going to be difficult to follow, but you just knew that Halle Berry and the movie were going to be total gob-s***e!:up:

If we're talking movies (and we should be in this forum) then Joker.

In general, Penguin.

El Payaso said:
Yes, Nicholson almost made the movie failed in all kind of ways.
Try it in English now, please.

The most overrated Batman villian - Catwoman in the movies, Penguin in the comics.

I just didnt find much intrest in the BR Catwoman. Those who ***** about Nicholson do it because he stole the spotlight from Keaton - I see that as Keaton's problem, not Nicholson. While Nicholson's Joker is not your normal current day Joker, he was very faithfull to the original Bob Kane version.

Nicholson's Joker stole the movie because he was planned to have more screentime and the story is obviously told from his POV.

Two most over-rated in movies: Joker and Penguin
Two most over-rated in comics: Poison Ivy and Hush

Two most under-rated in movies: Two-face and Poison Ivy (not saying that they were good, just better than given credit)
Two most under-rated in comics: Scarecrow and Penguin

-R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"