The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like "Thread Manager. I will have word with thee" ?

Something like "Thread Manager. I will have word with thee" ?

LOL! yes! grrr

"itchyscratch: I can't wait to see the looks he gets if he does say it.

Intrigued by what might happen to Thor if Joss has filmed a number of different endings. Iron Man IV being the next movie could mean that any uh oh, dum dum duuuummmm! endings are about his character, but Thor II isn't far behind.

I honestly can't see it finishing with the happy endings scenes they shot in Central Park. Joss = Character Pain. He doesn't do happy endings. If the final scenes show an Avenger or two being jettisoned out into space ( and not in a nice way) then do you think we might start Thor II with Thor in a bad place?

ETA - They didn't do any thees or thous in Thor, so I can't see them adopting that language for the Avengers."

I know what you mean about Whedon, I ponder the same.

And no they didn't and that was ok with me, but you know, would be cool just for that one line. :woot:

Started a SIMPLER Asgard on Sketchup. HOPEFULLY with it being done with less detail, I'll be able to make a decent model to UPLOAD.
asgardsimplifiedfront.png

asgardsimplifiedback.png

Started a SIMPLER Asgard on Sketchup. HOPEFULLY with it being done with less detail, I'll be able to make a decent model to UPLOAD.
asgardsimplifiedfront.png

asgardsimplifiedback.png

Wish I could do stuff like this. So cool. :yay:

I prefer Thor's Avengers look over his look in his film, the shorter beard and the longer, more natural looking hair definately work better.

Overall I perfer Thor's look in his solo film over his Avengers look (armor, beard, pants, boots etc.), although I do like the longer hair more than the shorter hair.

My favorite look, the only thing I have grievances with is the length of his hair.

chris-hemsworth-thor.jpg

^ I just can't pick a fav. lol If he were to shave the beard off, then I would have a problem. ;)

What gets me, especially with a lot of the newer Avengers pics is the guy's freakin' ARMS!!! :wow::hrt::wow::hrt: *lol* (now if we can get him shirtless in Avengers :oldrazz:)

Seriously though. I do find that I'm liking his Avengers look more (it's the same way with Loki too). He comes across as... I don't know... more mature, and I'm sure a lot of that simply has to do with the way Chris is presenting himself as the character and maybe not so much regarding the wardrobe/hair/beard changes. But all of it combined just... well... I'm likin' it more.

Yep, I'm afraid I can't look at any of those pics and not have OMGARMS! as my immediate reaction.

Yep, I'm afraid I can't look at any of those pics and not have OMGARMS! as my immediate reaction.
I have a feeling that if he spends even just 1/4 of the movie in the sleeveless look (and then add in Renner and his arms, and Loki and his general bad assness) -- I'm going to be a complete puddle of goo by the end of the movie *lol*

I'm not sure if this is new. Two pages of a Sci Fi mag interview, scanned online. First page is missing unfortunately, but still good to hear Chris talk about Thor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/tubbyk/6993d911.jpg - Page 1

http://www.imagebam.com/image/b6b976180894756 - Page 2

http://www.imagebam.com/image/85a4d2180894897 - Page 3

ETA - I downloaded the magazine onto my ipad. Screencaptures aren't good quality but I've uploaded Page 1 in case anybody with good eyesight can read it.

I particularly like this part:

Speaking of Joss, you obviously had gotten reaquainted with him with The Avengers. What was the experience of working with him as a director rather than a producer like?

It was funny, when I was on set during The Cabin In The Woods he said to me, "Why the hell aren't you playing Thor? Have you auditioned for that?" And I said, "I did a long time ago, but nothing really happened," and he goes, "You should be Thor, this is crazy." He ended up calling Kenneth Branagh and said some great things that got me back in the room. Now, a couple of years later, here he is directing me as that character, which was a trip for both of us. The first time I saw him, he came and visited the set of Thor, and we both just started laughing. He had just signed on to direct and we both were like, "Who would have thought it?"

And about the Avengers ..... "Everything I'm hearing .... I'll get in trouble for saying anything else, but the truth is that everything I've heard is that it's going to be f***ing awesome."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"