The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! I remember that line very well.:)

I wish they would start back to saying things like that in movies and cartoons, I remember playing MUA 2 and in Thor's bio Nick Fury said "this guy's power is off the charts".

Its streaming on netflix. I liked it, it was different. :word:
Yeah IF I had cable and all that I might think about it. lol
I want it for my DVD LIBRARY tho.

I do reccommend getting netflix tho if only for the streaming...specially if you have a very nice friend! :cwink:

I wish they would start back to saying things like that in movies and cartoons, I remember playing MUA 2 and in Thor's bio Nick Fury said "this guy's power is off the charts".

With his increasing popularity, I believe we'll see lines like these more often.:word:

With his increasing popularity, I believe we'll see lines like these more often.:word:

Indeed; I mean within the last three years, I’ve gone from not knowing anything about Thor, let alone caring about his characters, towards now being one of his biggest fans.

I think “Thor” did a great job in introducing the basics of the character, enough to keep everyone interested and in the same time, not overwhelm newcomers and the GA with a boat load of information that comes with his mythology.

He’s definitely the Avenger who’s single adventures that I’m most interested in seeing after the ensemble film.

Indeed; I mean within the last three years, I’ve gone from not knowing anything about Thor, let alone caring about his characters, towards now being one of his biggest fans.

I think “Thor” did a great job in introducing the basics of the character, enough to keep everyone interested and in the same time, not overwhelm newcomers and the GA with a boat load of information that comes with his mythology.

He’s definitely the Avenger who’s single adventures that I’m most interested in seeing after the ensemble film.

As a long time fan, it's great to see testimonials like yours. :up:

As a long time fan, it's great to see testimonials like yours. :up:

Glad to hear that:yay:

I mean, I may not know Thor's mythology as well as some people here, but based on what I've seen of his character in both the MCU and EMH's, there's just so much freaking material to work off with for the development of his character and future adventures:

1. He's a Asgardian Prince that's in line for the throne of Asgard

2. Unless the MCU says otherwise, he's a child of two world (Asgard and Earth)

3. His greatest enemy is his younger brother who he loved very much

4. We were introduced to him as a child in the MCU series (which is a first since none of the other MCU heroes were first brought in during their adolescent stage), so we got to see on how much he's changed from that early on into the hero that he is now

5. There's the chance to bring in conflict on him having to choose between his love for Earth and his loyalty to Asgard

6. And on the shallow note, he has some freaking attractive love interests:oldrazz:, and if you add the enchantress to the mix in future series, Thor will truly be the luckiest being in the nine realms.:wow::woot:

Choosing between Asgard and Earth.....this is what I want...some conflict...I said it the thor 2 thread....between him and Odin. For reasons of .....love interests? maybe?

Choosing between Asgard and Earth.....this is what I want...some conflict...I said it the thor 2 thread....between him and Odin. For reasons of .....love interests? maybe?

Either that or maybe they’ll incorporate the same reasons why Thor left Asgard in EMH by him saying that he believes that he can make a real difference in Earth with his powers, as opposed to Asgard where the conflict there is never ending, and how he feels that Earth has a better chance in learning from their mistakes. Well that, and how he thinks that Earth is threatened a lot more by evil than Asgard is.

Glad to hear that:yay:

I mean, I may not know Thor's mythology as well as some people here, but based on what I've seen of his character in both the MCU and EMH's, there's just so much freaking material to work off with for the development of his character and future adventures:

1. He's a Asgardian Prince that's in line for the throne of Asgard

2. Unless the MCU says otherwise, he's a child of two world (Asgard and Earth)

3. His greatest enemy is his younger brother who he loved very much

4. We were introduced to him as a child in the MCU series (which is a first since none of the other MCU heroes were first brought in during their adolescent stage), so we got to see on how much he's changed from that early on into the hero that he is now

5. There's the chance to bring in conflict on him having to choose between his love for Earth and his loyalty to Asgard

6. And on the shallow note, he has some freaking attractive love interests:oldrazz:, and if you add the enchantress to the mix in future series, Thor will truly be the luckiest being in the nine realms.:wow::woot:

Even with all these aspects listed here, we're only scratching the surface. There's so much potential for stories!

Either that or maybe they’ll incorporate the same reasons why Thor left Asgard in EMH by him saying that he believes that he can make a real difference in Earth with his powers, as opposed to Asgard where the conflict there is never ending, and how he feels that Earth has a better chance in learning from their mistakes. Well that, and how he thinks that Earth is threatened a lot more by evil than Asgard is.

Yes, this too. Earth needs him :cwink:

I don't think that MCU Thor is actually the child of Gaia, but he's still metaphorically a child of two worlds, or at least well be most like after Avengers.

I don't think that MCU Thor is actually the child of Gaia, but he's still metaphorically a child of two worlds, or at least well be most like after Avengers.

No we don't know for sure, but there is something that makes Thor so different from Odin, even when it comes to Thor's particular powers. Might be addressed, may never be, but that is who Thor is, what makes him special...in the comics...:cwink:

Agreed! I've seen many people criticize the simplicity of the story for THOR (mainly supporters of rival franchises and some persistently annoying people here), but for an introductory movie to a complex mythology it was just right.

Likewise I'm really eager for the sequels where hopefully the complexity is increased as the mythology is expanded and more deeply explored.

Agreed! I've seen many people criticize the simplicity of the story for THOR (mainly supporters of rival franchises and some persistently annoying people here), but for an introductory movie to a complex mythology it was just right.

Likewise I'm really eager for the sequels where hopefully the complexity is increased as the mythology is expanded and more deeply explored.

Agreed.

And agreed. :yay:

What does this being "an attack on earth" has to do with Thor using all of his abilities?
I just mean that more is at stake in the final battle of this film than any battle in thor.

In a perfect world, I'd love to see him destroying waves of aliens with lightning coming out of his hammer.

Would be cool! Just want to see some awesome displays of power on every level that makes Thor, Thor!

I just mean that more is at stake in the final battle of this film than any battle in thor.

Yeah I see what you're saying now, that does make perfect sense.

Would be cool! Just want to see some awesome displays of power on every level that makes Thor, Thor!

Hell yeah, I want to see alot of awesome lightning attacks and I want to see Thor lift atleast one large vehicle during the final battle (besides hitting that car with Mjolnir).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"