The Avengers "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Thor" - Part 4

The man is pretty popular these days.
From imdb's starmeter; take a look at the top 10:

:yay:
Like a boss. :word:

And based on the reactions for SWATH, I might just watch it.

I kind of missed Thor's outfit from his own movie ..... I liked the sleeveless look, but why did they change the color and patterns on the armor? Did they ever say?

I kind of missed Thor's outfit from his own movie ..... I liked the sleeveless look, but why did they change the color and patterns on the armor? Did they ever say?

I think Chris mentioned something about that, and how given that this was an ensemble film, they wanted to tone down I think the look of his costume in order fit in more with everyone else's look..or something to that effect.

Yeah I preferred Thor's armored up oufit from the first film to his full armored outfit in The Avengers.

No they didn't say WHY, but when Jane asked, "is this how you normally look?" he does respond "for the MOST part" I'm sure he has more clothing than what we normally see him fight in, even for a warrior.

Wow. Two Hemsworths on that Starmeter list. Good to see Fassy and Gosling on there. Two of the best actors working today.

No they didn't say WHY, but when Jane asked, "is this how you normally look?" he does respond "for the MOST part" I'm sure he has more clothing than what we normally see him fight in, even for a warrior.

Well the practical answer is that it's because a different costume designer was working on the costumes for the Avengers. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Ok, so I may sound stupid for asking, but I'm not a follower of Thor in comics. Can Thor actually be killed? I know he's gotten stabbed and beaten up in the films he's been in, but could he actually be killed by, say, Iron Man or that trap that was made for Loki he fell in. I have never actually known if Thor truly was an immortal or not.

They're immortal in the sense that they don't age. Thor (and any Asgardian for that matter) could be killed (else there would be no need for Valhalla), but I dunno if Fury's little Hulk cage could do it. I doubt it could have killed Hulk for that matter either.

Ok, so I may sound stupid for asking, but I'm not a follower of Thor in comics. Can Thor actually be killed? I know he's gotten stabbed and beaten up in the films he's been in, but could he actually be killed by, say, Iron Man or that trap that was made for Loki he fell in. I have never actually known if Thor truly was an immortal or not.

Iron Man DEFINATELY can't kill Thor, he didn't even scratch him in their fight, but yes Thor can be killed.

Nothing presented in TA could've killed him though, the most he got was a slight nose bleed and a small stab wound.

In the Comics the Asgardians technically are the same way.
They were Immortal but because of Ragnarok (before stopped the Cycle) they would die but come back to life in different ways.
Asgardians can be brought back to life even now because of their "rebirth" capabilities, but they CAN die.

Iron Man DEFINATELY can't kill Thor, he didn't even scratch him in their fight, but yes Thor can be killed.

Nothing presented in TA could've killed him though, the most he got was a slight nose bleed and a small stab wound.
Hulk made his nose bleed. lol

You know, it makes me wonder how much thicker the Glass on that SHIELD prison will be after Thor broke out of it and it was built for Hulk lol

avengers221024.png

In the Comics the Asgardians technically are the same way.
They were Immortal but because of Ragnarok (before stopped the Cycle) they would die but come back to life in different ways.
Asgardians can be brought back to life even now because of their "rebirth" capabilities, but they CAN die.

"They are only 12 Asgardian models. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan."

Okay this is for you Thor fans. On another forum I noticed there were a couple posters going on about how they disliked how they felt that Thor was "de-powered" in the avengers and that he should have been portrayed as much stronger.

For example he should have easily defeated Iron-Man and Cap in their fight among other things. What did you think of his power level depiction in the avengers do you feel that he was "de-powered"? or that he was depicted with the right level of strength for his character?

Well, according to the Thor Dark World PRELUDE comic book,

BOTH Thor and Odin were WEAKENED When Odin used the Dark matter to send Thor to Earth in Avengers :D

Interesting. Although that's probably more them trying to save face after the fact. If that's the case it will be interesting whether they intend to up his strength in the next avengers?

Interesting. Although that's probably more them trying to save face after the fact. If that's the case it will be interesting whether they intend to up his strength in the next avengers?

He was PLENTY strong in TA, but the focus was on the team aspect and making Hulk "cool" again. Now that those things are out of the way they can up Thor's power closer to comic book levels.

Personally I hope they leave what ever they change in Dark World. It's LOOKING like Thor MIGHT be able to dimensionally jump from place to place and THAT was one of his cooler powers in the comics that was taken away sadly for a long time

Agreed, I want Thor's new power boost to stay with him all the way through T:TDW to Avengers 3.

It is pretty irritating when people say things like "IM is stronger than Thor" when he needed a 400% power boost to fight him (and still couldn't win).

Not that I don't love IM.

I don't think he would win against Loki in a fight either.

It is pretty irritating when people say things like "IM is stronger than Thor" when he needed a 400% power boost to fight him (and still couldn't win).

Not that I don't love IM.

I don't think he would win against Loki in a fight either.

Those people obviously lack knowledge and are very unobservant because it was clear that Thor was stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"