Why does Marvel hate Mary Jane so much

Reaction score
I mean I understand that they want Peter to be single but they are pretty much now cutting her out of the Spider-Man history altogether now. I mean are they just trying to make people forget who MJ even is. She should have been in this cartoon series and the only reason why I can see that she isn't is because they want fans to forget about her. Just like why I think they cut her out of the comics as well.

Since when are they cutting her out of Spider-man history? They did in 616, sure, but she'll show up in Spectacular eventually, bet your balls on it. They already introduced almost EVERY main character and villain.

I don't think she will because IMO I think Marvel is trying to erase almost every romantic link between the two and just make fans forget they were even together. Thats why I am shocked that Spider-Girl is still going on and that they are together in the Ultimate series.

Look, Mary Jane was not in the comics from the begining. They are just waiting a few episodes and will probably do a "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" moment.

I think you just need to hold on and stay tuned. Remember, there have only been TWO episodes so far. And judging by the character line up that was released a while back, Mary Jane is in the series, her model was there. She probably just won't show up for a little while. After all, in the Lee/Ditko/Romita era Gwen was around before Mary Jane and was introduced for the purpose of being the other woman to Gwen. Some other writer besides Lee changed things around from that original intension. Anyway, Wiseman has said he is getting inspiration from those Lee/Ditko/Romita story lines. Also, we do see Anna Watson, MJ's aunt, in the series opener.

Its just a matter time.

She should have been in this cartoon series and the only reason why I can see that she isn't is because they want fans to forget about her.
Uh who said she wasen't going to be in this show? :o

6_MaryJane_Comicon.jpg

Shes just not gonna show up until later on in the season. Yea if you had been following the development of the show you would have known that. Instead your jumping to wild conclusions after only seeing two episodes.

Sigh, what's with all the people who are saying she won't be in this series?

She will be, just not right away, but she'll show up in a few more episodes.

Hell, she didn't show up in the comic books until well past #40. Despite how the movies handled things, she and Peter did not know each other when they were six years old.

Someone beat me to the character model, but she is being voiced by Vanessa Marshall.
So, please don't jump to wild conclusions, you're really making yourself look foolish.

Considering the hate for Brand New Day, Im not too sure they do...

Uh who said she wasen't going to be in this show? :o

6_MaryJane_Comicon.jpg

Shes just not gonna show up until later on in the season. Yea if you had been following the development of the show you would have known that. Instead your jumping to wild conclusions after only seeing two episodes.
yea it's getting verr\y annoying hearing po\pl go "where is MJ?! What happened to MJ?"(especially ppl on youtube) it's like is there anyone out there besides us true spidey fans that know MJ isn't suppose to be around till later on?

Yeah, they are pacing this similar to the original Lee/Ditko Spidey comics in which MJ doesn't appear right away. I'm glad they didn't go with the Ultimate and Movie versions of MJ who's right there with Peter from the start.

^ If the pacing is similar, then logic would dictate they might... emphasis on the word "might"... be considering killing off Gwen Stacy later down the line. And if they do, I pray to god it's not done in some super-lame way... i.e. falling into a dimensional portal.

Vic Cook alluded to her death in an interview. They want to do it. There's no doubt about that.

This is gonna be one helluva bittersweet kids show...

I wonder if they plan to have Aunt May get shot by an assassin, too... :) jk

MJ is in the show. They are waiting a little while to bring her in, just like in the comics.

yea it's getting verr\y annoying hearing po\pl go "where is MJ?! What happened to MJ?"(especially ppl on youtube) it's like is there anyone out there besides us true spidey fans that know MJ isn't suppose to be around till later on?
I know what you mean.

Apparently not. They've all been brainwashed by what the movies may have them think, not the actual comics.

We've seen the model sheet, so we know MJ is in it. I'm just hoping they do it right, like the comics. Aunt May and Anna trying to set-up a blind date between Pete & MJ with Pete successfully dodging each encounter. He thinks she has to be scary to need a blind date. He might start up the relationship with Gwen in the meantime. Then we can have cameos of MJ where we can't see her face (just like in the comics!). Then, after a number of episodes with this tease, finally have Pete give in to meet. Then he opens the door and we get the famous "Face it, Tiger. You just hit the jackpot!"

It would also be cool if they went through the whole Gwen Stacy killed by the Green Goblin, if we could have the classic MJ stays to console Pete scene like the comics. (I also like Pete & MJ first big kiss at the airport, for anyone who also remembers this from the comics).

Do people even think before they post anymore?

As a Fantastic Four fan I find that Joe Q's assertion that life is more interesting before you get married is a bit insulting for Marvel's First Family.

Is he saying that there is no drama in the FF's life? What a effin' joke.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

As a Fantastic Four fan I find that Joe Q's assertion that life is more interesting before you get married is a bit insulting for Marvel's First Family.

Is he saying that there is no drama in the FF's life? What a effin' joke.

:thing: :doom: :thing:
He doesn't have to explain himself. It's magic.

We've seen the model sheet, so we know MJ is in it. I'm just hoping they do it right, like the comics. Aunt May and Anna trying to set-up a blind date between Pete & MJ with Pete successfully dodging each encounter. He thinks she has to be scary to need a blind date. He might start up the relationship with Gwen in the meantime. Then we can have cameos of MJ where we can't see her face (just like in the comics!). Then, after a number of episodes with this tease, finally have Pete give in to meet. Then he opens the door and we get the famous "Face it, Tiger. You just hit the jackpot!".

If they do make that scene, Vanessa Marshall is going to have to do so many takes, because if I'm not mistaken, that exact scene has never been heard before, and they're gonna make sure it's done right.

If they do make that scene, Vanessa Marshall is going to have to do so many takes, because if I'm not mistaken, that exact scene has never been heard before, and they're gonna make sure it's done right.

Actually, the "Face it, Tiger, you just hit the jackpot," was in the 90's series. But, yeah, the delivery needs to be perfect.

I hope we get the party girl MJ who develops into a serious relationship like in the comics.

I know what you mean.

Apparently not. They've all been brainwashed by what the movies may have them think, not the actual comics.

Yeah, I don't think I ever hoped Venom & Sandman would kill MJ in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"