Why does Marvel hate Mary Jane so much

Well I don't know if Marvel has hate for MJ but many writers feel her being married to Peter limits the stories. And if the first 9 issues of Brand New Day are any indication they only thing MJ is "limiting" them to is from telling the same old stories from the '60s-'70s.

Anyway, I LOVE MJ and cannot wait to see the next new episodes. 2 weeks. Ugh.

Should this subject really be in this thread? Seems like this thread was started by someone who didn't know Peter Parker had other Girlfriends before MJ. You know... movie fans.

I call them idiots ;)

I just call them ignorant. I'm glad that the movies made new fans, but I hate when they make accusations like, "Marvel Hates MJ" Joey Q and certain writers may hate MJ, but Marvel doesn't hate her cause many people within the company still love her. MJ issues are why I stopped reading The spidey comics thread.

i hope they don't go the movie/spider-man loves MJ route and make Mary Jane fall in love with Spider-man before Peter. Thats Supermans shtick not Spideys

Well to be fair to Raimi she only had a thing for Spidey for about 30 minutes in the movie before it became about Peter Parker for the rest of the three films.

Anyway, they introduced her and here is hoping they keep her a wild spirit. I will say I like her outfit concept better than the 90s cartoon but like every non-Peter character the facial design leaves something to be desired (as does the voice, IMHO), but she had the classic intro. They've now introduced MJ, Gwen, Betty and arguably Liz. All that's missing is Felicia and I have a feeling she'll show up in season 2 or 3.

I will say I like her outfit concept better than the 90s cartoon but like every non-Peter character the facial design leaves something to be desired (as does the voice, IMHO),
yah i thought her delivery on that line was pretty poor, although most like it. i'm sure she'l be fine for the rest of the show, its just i didn't like the line delivery there. Also wasn't a fan of her outfit in this, the dance dress, it, i guess i would have preffered the classic clothes. the dress just looked a little too much, maybe it was the arm coverings

All that's missing is Felicia and I have a feeling she'll show up in season 2 or 3.
apparently she shows up this season

I think it's nice she's appearing during the symbiote arc, since she had a thing for Spidey's black suit in the comics.

Yeah, I also think that's cool. Girl LOVED Spidey in black. I can't wait to hear the VA do her voice as she is smoking HOT!! :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"