Why is All-Star Superman just owning All-Star Batman

Reaction score
Well issue 3 has just come out and once again I dont see why AS B&RTBW cant just follow the same format. I mean if I were DC I would pull As B&RTBW and redo the whole series and relunch it because A.S.S is just killing it.

i didnt know AS.S and AS.BR were in competition. I guess Marvel should pull Ultimate Spiderman since it isnt selling as much as the Ultimates????

AS Batman is selling more than AS Superman

so I don't think AS Superman is owning AS Batman

I actually like AS B&R because I think that is how Batman would treat Dick. In the military you are broken down before you are trained up and Dick as Robin would be a 12-14 year old boy fighting men and watching his back.

As anyone who read comics in the 90's knows, sales don't equal quality. All-Star Superman is a more well-written comic than All-Star Batman - that's why it's "just owning" ASB&RTBW.

Quality wise All-star Batman is a huge dissapointment. But of course Batman is gonna outsell the Krypton Klown :)

drastic_quench said:
As anyone who read comics in the 90's knows, sales don't equal quality. All-Star Superman is a more well-written comic than All-Star Batman - that's why it's "just owning" ASB&RTBW.

Damn, Beat me to it - although you said it better than I could have. :up:

drastic_quench said:

just a matter of opinion, I happen to think AS Batman is great :)

so again, AS Superman isn't owning AS Batman

AS Superman isn't the greatest Superman comic I've read, but I did really like the first 2 issues... AS Batman has been complete crap every step of the way though, IMO... so, I guess I'm on the AS.S ownz AS.B side.

AS Batman is very pretty to look at but doesnt have the 'substance' that AS Superman has. Instantly forgettable is the best way I can describe it.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
AS Batman is very pretty to look at but doesnt have the 'substance' that AS Superman has. Instantly forgettable is the best way I can describe it.

"I'm the Goddamn Batman" isn't that forgettable. I like the book and I bet it gets better in the next issue.

Mogwai said:
"I'm the Goddamn Batman" isn't that forgettable. I like the book and I bet it gets better in the next issue.

True, but there's little substance there. It's just shock. Actually, Miller is somewhat analogous to a radio shock jock. He's got nothing original or thoughtful left to say so he's purposefully trying to be controversial just for the sake of shock value.

drastic_quench said:
True, but there's little substance there. It's just shock. Actually, Miller is somewhat analogous to a radio shock jock. He's got nothing original or thoughtful left to say so he's purposefully trying to be controversial just for the sake of shock value.

it's only controversial for those who don't like it :)

SUPERBENITEZ said:
i would rather have Quitely than Lee

i would rather have Miller illustrate himself, too

I don't particularly think this comic is controversial. I think Miller's visibly trying to be controversial. That's a lot worse.

I like a lot of Miller's work and I was rooting for this book to be good. Unfortunately it's pretty awful on all accounts (with the exception of Lee's art).

Not Jake said:
i would rather have Quitely than Lee

i would rather have Miller illustrate himself, too

Quitely's great IMO. His storytelling is excellent, not to mention that he can draw just about any kind of scene a writer would want. You want Action? Quitely can do it. You want intimate character-based moments? Science Fiction? Comedy? Quitely can do it. And do it well.

Some people say his characters faces are ugly - I say they have individual character with mannerisms and facial expressions (unlike some artists, who seem to copy the same face for everyone - Dave Finch springs to mind)

Lee's good, in a hollywood summer blockbuster kind of way, but I dont consider his artwork to be as well-rounded as Quitley's.

I heard over in th' Marvel forums Bought/Though that ASS #3 sucked. :confused::o:down

Why is All-Star Superman owning All-Star Batman?

Grant Morrison is a better writer than Frank Miller. Plus, Miller's lost it.

Mogwai said:
I remember when people were saying that about the first issue of All-Star Batman. "It'll get better! It'll probably get better! Just wait!"
haha.gif

Actually, the better excuses were the ones that claimed Miller was just pranking us and having a big laugh. Like, you know, people would rather believe that it was all a trick than believe that Miller could ever write something so horrible, so plodding, and so ridiculous.

You notice that miller claims the crappy comics he writes are satires or parodies?

The Sage said:

morrison is not better than frank miller:o

The Sage said:

Yeah? :confused: That IS why it's ownin' ASB? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"