Why is All-Star Superman just owning All-Star Batman

Pksoze said:
Its reasonable deduction. The book is in the top 5 now, actually I think its in the top 3. Put the worlds hottest artist on it...its not unreasonable it wouldn't sell even better.

you mean induction

but I don't doubt that AS Superman would sell better with Lee on the title, but would it sell better than AS Batman? I say no it wouldn't...and that's where your statement amounts to nothing more than pure speculation.

and the only medicine is more cow bell!

roach said:
im pretty sure we were just comparing Miller to Morrison
And I still say that none of Miller's work compares to Morrison's JLA or Arkham Asylum, but thats only my opinion.

Super_Ludacris said:
Quality wise All-star Batman is a huge dissapointment. But of course Batman is gonna outsell the Krypton Klown :)
Again fanboys. man if I like a comic and when i check it out it sucks i wouldnt buy it. Fanboys are amazing.:down

roach said:
i didnt know AS.S and AS.BR were in competition. I guess Marvel should pull Ultimate Spiderman since it isnt selling as much as the Ultimates????
No, they should pull the entire line.

Lackey said:
but I don't doubt that AS Superman would sell better with Lee on the title, but would it sell better than AS Batman? I say no it wouldn't...and that's where your statement amounts to nothing more than pure speculation.

Yeah but thats not what I said.

I said it would approach ASB not sell as much or sell more.

If the next few All Star titles turn out like the current two, then I have no hope for the All Star line.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
Youve just summed up why I like it. In a time where it seems all the comics of today (since the 80's) are mostly dark and adult orientated affairs - it's nice to have an alternative that harks back to a time when comics were a little weird and off the wall......and a little more innocent.

Thats why I also like 'Iinvincible'.

It's all about a bit of fun - as opposed to some title which make you want to slit your wrists after reading they were so bleak.

Didn't Invincible have Superman brutally murder the entire Justice League as a prelude to abandoning his wife and son?

It wasn't Superman or the Justice League.

yenaled said:

And hillbillies prefer to be called "sons of the soil."

But it ain't happening.

i read both ASB AND ASS, but i dun get half the crap that goes on in either of them at times. Especilaly in ASS, why is this weird crap happening, its like a child is writing the garbage the spews from the book[both of them]. I dun get how anybody can hate "campiness" in superman movies, when ASS has more camp then anything i have seen before. I was born in 1987, not 1967, the only think Morrisons superman book harkins back to is an age where jimmy Olsen cross dressed for fun and superman helped midgets get their jobs back.

Bullseye said:
If the next few All Star titles turn out like the current two, then I have no hope for the All Star line.

I don't think that Batgirl, Wonder Woman, or Green Lantern will be that great.

Honestly, DC should just cancel the All-Star line. The entire line up only has 8 issues so far and has already been plagued with far more delays than the Ultimate Marvel line.

Grant Morrison has way too much on his plate with Batman, All-Star Superman, WildC.A.T.s, the Authority, and 52.

Jim Lee has too much on his plate with All-Star Batman and Robin and WildC.A.T.s. And his talent would be much better used on an extremely high profile DC title like Justice League of America.

I don't think the three upcoming All Star titles will be good either. I'm willing to give the next titles a chance though.

I thought All Star Superman was doing reasonable as far as the schedule considering who's drawing it, December for the next issue effing blindsided me.

hippie_hunter said:
I don't think that Batgirl, Wonder Woman, or Green Lantern will be that great.

Honestly, DC should just cancel the All-Star line. The entire line up only has 8 issues so far and has already been plagued with far more delays than the Ultimate Marvel line.

Grant Morrison has way too much on his plate with Batman, All-Star Superman, WildC.A.T.s, the Authority, and 52.

Jim Lee has too much on his plate with All-Star Batman and Robin and WildC.A.T.s. And his talent would be much better used on an extremely high profile DC title like Justice League of America.

But you gotta admit, Frank's probably got the biggest plate. He's got this, Holy Terror, co-directing Sin City 2 and writing/directing The Spirit.

Nothing against Morrison or Lee, but a movie is a lot more complicated than writing/drawing comics.

All-Star Superman is ****ing awesome. Sucks that I had to drop it.
****ing college. :csad:

MaskedManJRK said:
But you gotta admit, Frank's probably got the biggest plate. He's got this, Holy Terror, co-directing Sin City 2 and writing/directing The Spirit.

Nothing against Morrison or Lee, but a movie is a lot more complicated than writing/drawing comics.

You're right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"