The Dark Knight why such a late release date for TDK????

misteranderson4

Civilian
Reaction score
i was wondering why WB is pushing TDK til mid July........i know he s got some competition w/ indy 4 and i assume someone else has 'rights' to 4th of july wkend, but mid july just seems too late to be a 'big summer blockbuster'.......i thought BB did it right, opening mid june......letting star wars have their moment before opening..........do you think WB is worried TDK wont 'perform' well? w/ batman its been the curse of the 2nd film w/ the 2 previous directors (burton and schumacker)....i have some concern that nolan will be so dead on w/ what the fans of the comic want that it ll be a tough mainstream sell.....

It's because Mr Nolan is a very naughty man and won't give us our fix of Batman films that we so crave.

Apart from that, no idea.

Please move this to the non-spoiler section. :)

I've wondered this myself. The Incredible Hulk only started up recently, yet its release is a month before TDK. I guess Nolan is just a perfectionist (which is a good thing).

Because this summer, we had Transformers to see over and over and over and over and over and over and forget the other movies.

TDK and Iron Man is gonna be sooooooooooooo good but not that great to go see it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over like Transformers

i have some concern that nolan will be so dead on w/ what the fans of the comic want that it ll be a tough mainstream sell.....

I disagree, I think the general public will love this film. I really haven't talked to anyone who saw BB and did not like it. This film will be a hit with the older audience IMO. The kids will probably prefer cheesey/campy Spiderman movies, or their Harry Potter flicks. I think as far as anyone over the age of 15 is concerned, this movie will be a dream come true.

Because this summer, we had Transformers to see over and over and over and over and over and over and forget the other movies.

TDK and Iron Man is gonna be sooooooooooooo good but not that great to go see it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over like Transformers

I haven't even seen transformers, I just can't get into that stuff. But I promise you I will be seeing TDK at least 3 times in theaters, like I did with BB.

Transformers wasn't I movie I would watch more then 2 times at the movies.

Harry Potter came out around mid july and its doing really good so I don't see what the problem is... People will watch the movie if it is hyped up and marketed well enough.

Teenagers and adults won't be able to get enough of TDK. It's going to be a hard core in your face gritty superhero film. Hell, Joker puts a bomb into someone's chest telling them it will light them up like christmas lights!

Children on the other hand may not be able to watch it because it may be too scary or violent for some of them. But, those parents who do let them watch it- chances are they will love it as well. This Joker reminds me alot of Hammil's Joker which I loved when I was younger and the reason for that was because that Joker "scares" me and still does. If Ledger is capable of that I have a feeling they'll love the Joker as well.

All in all, TDK and Indy 4 are going to rule the summer in a teenager and adult's world. Narnia and Potter in the younger crowd and those who love fantasy crowd... all in the top without a doubt.

You're joking, right?

I can't imagine why anyone would watch Transformers more than once -- the last half hour of that film was among the worst cinematic abortions I've ever seen, because it made no sense whatsoever.

-- Admiral Nelson

I disagree, I think the general public will love this film. I really haven't talked to anyone who saw BB and did not like it. This film will be a hit with the older audience IMO. The kids will probably prefer cheesey/campy Spiderman movies, or their Harry Potter flicks. I think as far as anyone over the age of 15 is concerned, this movie will be a dream come true.

Then you need to come on this MB more often.

I reckon they're releasing it late July because Indiana Jones owns May, Hulk and Iron Man own June (correct me if I'm wrong about Iron Man), and they want to avoid competition so as to maximise their profits. They can't release it any earlier because they're only halfway through production at the moment.

I agree - they should release it Memorial Day weekend so it can pay all Summer - the movie going audience gets burned out on big movies by late July.

I reckon they're releasing it late July because Indiana Jones owns May, Hulk and Iron Man own June (correct me if I'm wrong about Iron Man), and they want to avoid competition so as to maximise their profits. They can't release it any earlier because they're only halfway through production at the moment.

Indy owns May. But, release TDK in June it would kick Hulk and Iron Man's asses! But those films would take some of the earnings away, but TDK would without a doubt come out on top make no mistake about it. :cwink:

i very much doubt warner brothers cares about whether or not TDK beats Iron Man and Hulk. one possible, best-case scenario outcome of releasing all three at the same time is that the hype surrounding all three films maximises their revenue. but another is that TDK suffers due to the other two. as such, i reckon july makes sense.

The Dark Knight comes out on my 20th birthday.

July 18, 2007!!!!!!!

So you like Michael Bay's films better than Nolan's films? Dude you're like my 8 year old brother. Are you 8 years old?

The film is coming out late because someone put the pics online yesterday, forcing Nolan to don his Angry Vest and set one of the actresses on fire. Unless that vest comes off, we may never see that film, and after the rest of the cast has taken their turns in the Burn Ward, Two-Face will earn the nickname "Mister Handsome".

"The Dark Knight: ER edition: Burn Victims special report"

Are you kidding? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"