The Dark Knight why such a late release date for TDK????

people....*looks at the top of the page*.

Batman maybe?

Stoch is a blind ignorant, lol. Believe whatever you want to believe- but, you'd be believing your own "make believe" vs. reality.

Time put into making a product does not equal quality of product. Even though quality majorly depends upon opinions, but that's a whole nother point entirely.

You can work forever on a project and still not know the quality and you can work for a day on a product and come up with Citizen Kane. Time does not equal quality. Just because you hated SM3 does not mean they rushed it because in REALITY they did anything but.

And they did put alot into the story- as much as B&R -> BB and half of Indy3 -> Indy4.

Well if they put a lot into the story the editor cut it out or something because I didn't see any of it

The whole editing process was an area that got fcked up, which is one reason alot of fans are wishing for an extended cut. The studios probably didn't want a nearly 3 or over 3 hr film. Alot of the scenes that were cut involved The Sandman's plot which brought ALOT more to the "I'm sorry" moment. Hell, the "I'm sorry" moment was a reshoot because they thought the original way that came about would be too depressing for the audience.

Flint's daughter arrives during the fight sequence, Flint find out that he can't save her and there is a huge tragic scene between them that leads to Flint's daughter asking for Spider-Man to forgive her father, to which Spider-Man tells Flint "I forgive you."

But, due to bringing the film to a more depressing ending they changed it to take away that feeling of epic tragedy. Personally think the original ending (that was filmed) would have been more powerful than what they chose to use.

There was also more focus on Eddie Brock's downfall.

I'd actually consider a director's cut of SM3 the equivalent or- even more so- the BF director's cut and possibly equivalent to Donner's STMII cut.

Stoch is a blind ignorant, lol. Believe whatever you want to believe- but, you'd be believing your own "make believe" vs. reality.

Time put into making a product does not equal quality of product. Even though quality majorly depends upon opinions, but that's a whole nother point entirely.

You can work forever on a project and still not know the quality and you can work for a day on a product and come up with Citizen Kane. Time does not equal quality. Just because you hated SM3 does not mean they rushed it because in REALITY they did anything but.

And they did put alot into the story- as much as B&R -> BB and half of Indy3 -> Indy4.

The fact that they couldn't handle 3 villains and Nolan could with BB tells me that Raimi simply isn't that great of a filmmaker. Nolan managed to juggle about 5 villains with an origin story and still have it come off well. Raimi spends so long with the stupid junior high melodrama between MJ and Peter that whatever story he's trying to tell ends up being utter crap with SM3.

Dude, to me BB is the CITIZEN KANE of superhero films, lol. So I don't know if you were looking for a Batman vs. Spider-Man argument are what not- not happening. Lol.

SM3, imo, was far from crap though. Without a doubt in the top ten far above MOST other superhero films.

I never knew "ignorant" was a noun. I just thought SP3 sucked, plain and simple. I'm not arguing about the time they spent making it. He had enough time to make a pretty damn good spiderman movie, but like CaptainClown said, raimi listened to others and decided to just stuff venom and the the symbiote in the story there. Symbiote randomly falling from the sky...that doesn't seem rushed, especially when you compare it to the actual story in the comics? Venom having a regular voice and his roar sounding like a raptor? 15 minutes of screentime? Peter DANCING? It's a great comedy, but not a great spiderman movie. :hyper:

Raimi is a good director. He just got really lost in Spider-Man. His best friend Bruce Campbell (Hail to The King, Baby) even said Raimi got lost in SpiderMan. I think his Evil Dead movies were great. Darkman was really good.

The whole editing process was an area that got fcked up, which is one reason alot of fans are wishing for an extended cut. The studios probably didn't want a nearly 3 or over 3 hr film. Alot of the scenes that were cut involved The Sandman's plot which brought ALOT more to the "I'm sorry" moment. Hell, the "I'm sorry" moment was a reshoot because they thought the original way that came about would be too depressing for the audience.

Flint's daughter arrives during the fight sequence, Flint find out that he can't save her and there is a huge tragic scene between them that leads to Flint's daughter asking for Spider-Man to forgive her father, to which Spider-Man tells Flint "I forgive you."

But, due to bringing the film to a more depressing ending they changed it to take away that feeling of epic tragedy. Personally think the original ending (that was filmed) would have been more powerful than what they chose to use.

There was also more focus on Eddie Brock's downfall.

I'd actually consider a director's cut of SM3 the equivalent or- even more so- the BF director's cut and possibly equivalent to Donner's STMII cut.

Ya even with that I don't think I would care for it. I just didn't care for any of it was done. I didn't like Topher Grace, I didn't like the symbiote and I hated KRISTEN DUNST

Anyone remember the ubber crappy Captian America movie back in '90?? Talk about one of the worst superhero movies ever. I really want to see a decent Captian America movie, and one with more Red Skull than just Red Skull had plastic surgery. That annoyed me to death.

Seriously. I'm expecting Marvel to break the record for fastest movie ever produced.

"We planned it, filmed it, edited it, and released in, ALL IN ONE WEEK!"
They did: Spiderman 3.
I'm not arguing about the time they spent making it. He had enough time to make a pretty damn good spiderman movie

Well for once I don't think you're as dumb as you sounded in the second post, unless it was your attempt at sarcasm? :hyper:

And I never said anyone had to like the film, only that the film was the SM film that was worked on the hardest.

Raimi is a good director. He just got really lost in Spider-Man. His best friend Bruce Campbell (Hail to The King, Baby) even said Raimi got lost in SpiderMan. I think his Evil Dead movies were great. Darkman was really good.

Ya he did Darkman and Evil dead perfectly. I think the problem is when he adds romance and like serious drama that he loses me.

Anyone remember the ubber crappy Captian America movie back in '90?? Talk about one of the worst superhero movies ever. I really want to see a decent Captian America movie, and one with more Red Skull than just Red Skull had plastic surgery. That annoyed me to death.

We got the guy who wrote 'Road to Perdition' dude, Cap's going to be our academy award winner- Cap's going to be our "Flag of our fathers"

If there is one hero to be able to get academy award status it's Captain America without a doubt. The screenwriter already delivered a GREAT drama and no where in my mind do I doubt that he couldn't make just as great of a drama with Captain America. Now if we get an amazing director behind it as well, really hoping for Spielberg or Eastwood, the film will definitely be academy award material.

A soldier goes off to fight in world war two and then comes back to present day, that's an epic award winning drama premise already if done right.

I have a lot of respect for Cap, even though I don't read alot of Cap comics but he's seperate from the rest in the regards mentioned above.

Ya thats where I gotta disagree with you there. For writing or best screenplay ya but other then that.

Not saying that it will necessary win, but nominated in "best film" and other categories? Hell yeah.

If done RIGHT this would be the best movie of ages because of what it can SAY.

Just look at 'Flags from Iwo Jima' and 'Saving Private Ryan'

A Captain America movie could be just as bold, just as epic and dramatic as those films maybe even more so due to the politcal commentary on the world we live in today.

This isn't really a superhero film as much as it would be a war film, imo.

I just want Red Skull to be the Red Skull. Next to Joker, Red Skull is one bad mother-f---ker. Cap' America could be a really dramatic hero movie, and that would be great. Just a war movie with a superhero in it.

Tempest,

I wasn't necessarily wanting a BB vs. SM3 argument, but I was pointing out how overrated the SM series AND Sam Raimi both are. Raimi's just not that great of a filmmaker. Ask yourself this: if Nolan was the director, how would it turn out? Brilliant, because he can handle a ton of subplots and such. He loves making complex movies like Memento and The Prestige, so juggling some characters isn't too tough for him. Apparently it was for Raimi, but it wasn't just the crowdedness of the film. It was the cheesiness that really bothered me. The fact that every major character cries at least once is something straight out of a soap opera, which by the way is not necessarily a bad thing because it makes me glad to see TDK. Sappy crap like SM3 makes me appreciate Nolan's Batman franchise even more than I already would. At least we know for a fact The Joker will have no remorse, no "I'm sorry" moments. Pure evil all the way around. :)

I think if they go for it being really war style many people wouldn't care for it simply because it seems like blatant propaganda. Then I pictured all these veterans claiming it portrays war in a very mild manner because we know for damn sure they aren't making it rated r. But as I said before I doubt it would get a good reaction especially during a time of war.

Nolan wouldn't work for Spider-Man, he works for the more gritty and realistic aspects but Spider-Man was never really gritty and realistic.

However, if you say what would happen if Spielberg or some top name fantasy director was ever put on the project then you may have something.

I think I get what you're trying to say, but Nolan wouldn't work for SM franchise way way way too different in tone than the films he likes to do.

well..this thread went to hell. Whatever stupid thread idea anyway...

I think if they go for it being really war style many people wouldn't care for it simply because it seems like blatant propaganda. Then I pictured all these veterans claiming it portrays war in a very mild manner because we know for damn sure they aren't making it rated r. But as I said before I doubt it would get a good reaction especially during a time of war.

Cause a controversy? Academy Awards love controversies. Lol. :up:

And that would make whatever message it is that more BOLD.

You make an epic war story and make it as realistic as possible, showing Bucky die and all that jazz.... hell yeah you've got one depressing war film mixed together with more depressing getting one's life back in order. One thing that showed me this was actually the Ultimate Avenger's movie when Cap is brought back to life- you focus more on that and only one word to describe it.... WOW.

To each his own, you want an epic superhero film (I think?) whereas I want an epic war film with a strong message.

Would Veterns be angry? HELL NO! Captain America was part of the propaganda machine they'd probably be cheering him on because while off to war one of the only things that gave them comfort was reading a good ol' Captain America comic of Cap beating the **** out of Hitler. Cap was definitely used in the propaganda machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"