The Dark Knight why such a late release date for TDK????

I think if they go for it being really war style many people wouldn't care for it simply because it seems like blatant propaganda. Then I pictured all these veterans claiming it portrays war in a very mild manner because we know for damn sure they aren't making it rated r. But as I said before I doubt it would get a good reaction especially during a time of war.

You're prolly right. But it wouldn't have to portray war in a mild manner, it just wouldn't have to focus on it so much. It's basicly about Captian America saving the US from Germany by foiling the Nazi parties plan for world domination.

Cause a controversy? Academy Awards love controversies. Lol. :up:

And that would make whatever message it is that more BOLD.

You make an epic war story and make it as realistic as possible, showing Bucky die and all that jazz.... hell yeah you've got one depressing war film mixed together with more depressing getting one's life back in order. One thing that showed me this was actually the Ultimate Avenger's movie when Cap is brought back to life- you focus more on that and only one word to describe it.... WOW.

To each his own, you want an epic superhero film (I think?) whereas I want an epic war film with a strong message.
Ya you aren't going to make it as realistic as possible because Captain America is a kids hero...We aren't going to show em saving private ryan heads and body parts flying around Captain America.

But wouldn't it be so much more of a good movie to actually have a superhero movie rated R? Punisher was rated R and it worked. So having a huge war movie that is real to the nature of war with Captian America in it would be well worth an R rating. They could still do kid marketing with it. They did it with Aliens and others that I can't think of. Anyone help me out with that one.

But I feel it wouldn't be taken seriously, even done realisticly, with Captian America in it. Just because of the comic book factor.

Nolan wouldn't work for Spider-Man, he works for the more gritty and realistic aspects but Spider-Man was never really gritty and realistic.

However, if you say what would happen if Spielberg or some top name fantasy director was ever put on the project then you may have something.

I think I get what you're trying to say, but Nolan wouldn't work for SM franchise way way way too different in tone than the films he likes to do.

Well yeah I agree. Spidey is quite frankly beneath him. Too cheesy.

Captain America isn't a kids hero. It would be a realistic PG-13 film.

BTW, Veterans would probably love Cap and rejoice having him back remembering being off at war and reading these to give them comfort:

cap_01_001.jpg

Since then Cap has also become a much darker hero reflecting how times have changed. Cap in a way reminds me of the main guys from 'Flags of Our Fathers', but more out on the battlefield.

It's amazing how rich, imo, the recent Captain American comics are- they don't remind me of superhero comics at all actually. It reminds me of a great war story about this veteran who comes back and sees that times have changed. Really amazing material.

But wouldn't it be so much more of a good movie to actually have a superhero movie rated R? Punisher was rated R and it worked. So having a huge war movie that is real to the nature of war with Captian America in it would be well worth an R rating. They could still do kid marketing with it. They did it with Aliens and others that I can't think of. Anyone help me out with that one.

But I feel it wouldn't be taken seriously, even done realisticly, with Captian America in it. Just because of the comic book factor.

Well if my grandfather was alive I know he would be confused and not care for a guy in spandex helping them win the war. Especially since it didn't happen but I mean like captain america is such a kids thing that parents would be freaking out

I like bucky better than captain america.

Mid-July is actually a great release, May is stacked, June is eh. Give time for people to relax and not be overkilled by a bunch of blockbuster, things will settle and people will have an appetite to see another big film and bang Dark Knight comes out, the weeks following so far the competition will be non-existent in late July and August so it'll have the rest of summer to do it's damage.

Captain America isn't a kids hero. It would be a realistic PG-13 film.

BTW, Veterans would probably love Cap and rejoice having him back remembering being off at war and reading these to give them comfort:

cap_01_001.jpg

Since then Cap has also become a much darker hero reflecting how times have changed. Cap in a way reminds me of the main guys from 'Flags of Our Fathers', but more out on the battlefield.
My grandfather had nightmares because of Saving Private Ryan, so many veterans were crying because it brought them back and had them think of the friends they lost. Also Captain America really doesn't Identify with the ethnic groups also who fought in the war because also there was a lot of racism going on at the time

Bucky? The wanna be Robin. I don't care for either.

As I said dude, depends on how they take it. Imo, Captain America is hardly a kid's hero especially now a' days. The old comics were propaganda showing Cap kick Hitler's ass. Flag of Our Fathers would actually be the perfect route to take with this kind of film.

Batman is a superhero. Spider-Man is a superhero. Captain America is a soldier.

If done the RIGHT way (making it kid friendly is the absolute wrong way, imo) this would be the hero to get the academy award nominations because he's the least superhero of all superhero properties combined besides maybe the Punisher.

When it comes to propaganda, Captain America was right up there with this guy:

Uncle-Sam-I-Want-You-Tin-Sign-C11751093.jpeg

Anyone remember the ubber crappy Captian America movie back in '90?? Talk about one of the worst superhero movies ever.

i actually like that movie
i own it

not perfect but still ok

"The old comics were propaganda showing Cap kick Hitler's ass"
i loved those pictures

As I said dude, depends on how they take it. Imo, Captain America is hardly a kid's hero especially now a' days. The old comics were propaganda showing Cap kick Hitler's ass. Flag of Our Fathers would actually be the perfect route to take with this kind of film.

Batman is a superhero. Spider-Man is a superhero. Captain America is a soldier.

If done the RIGHT way (making it kid friendly is the absolute wrong way, imo) this would be the hero to get the academy award nominations because he's the least superhero of all superhero properties combined besides maybe the Punisher.

well you can't get a realistic war flick without it being R and its a business thats a huge market that they aren't going to cut. Also Flags of our father mixed with Captain America wouldn't be taken serious, he throws a shield he is a super soldier hes a super hero

Agree to disagree. I see this epic vision in my head of what this film can be and it's different then every other comic book and war film we ever got. So, needless to say- just as a casual Cap fan- my expectations are beyond high at what this can accomplish.

And I'll be there to eat my words when you prove me wrong.

Agree to disagree. I see this epic vision in my head of what this film can be and it's different then every other comic book and war film we ever got. So, needless to say- just as a casual Cap fan- my expectations are beyond high at what this can accomplish.

The screenwriter isn't everything, he can write the screenplay and make it phenominal, but it has to have the right director. Something which probably won't happen, seeing as he isn't one of the better recognized comic-book character.

And to the screenwriter, he also wrote the ''Haunting'', which was a terrible, terrible film. I have faith, but he was carried immensly with Perdition due to the flawless directing on Mende's part.

As said before, if everything goes right. Personally hoping for Spielberg or Eastwood due to their respective war-time films.

Also, the story of Cap- if done right- would attract talented director's because this heroe's themes and message is really rich.

Thus, as said- "if done RIGHT." Have real high expectations from knowing what it can possibly be.

i doubt eastwood actually I doubt most A list directors ..

All depends on content and how it is brought to page, the concept of a patriotic icon from the world war II era being ressurected in the modern day is a rich concept not found in many superheroes and superhero films. That's why I say it's more of a war movie than superhero movie. Yeah it has some aspects of a superhero genre, but it has the chance to go FAR beyond that- if done right. Besides having "powers" and a "costume" it's a war movie/story at heart. Could be something we've never seen before.

This is not a knock on any superheroes, since I'm a die hard Batman fan and just a casual Captain fan. I do believe though that the concept and how far it can go with delivering a strong message is present in a possible Captain America film especially now. Which makes it a rich property due to the message it can deliver and the potential drama it has in a veteren being ressurected years later and having to see not just his own personal world change but also the political world he fought for.

Spielberg will never sign onto a superhero film. Never. It just won't happen as he's booked into the next two years.

Nolan's pissed about the leaked pictures and has officially pushed the release date back to christmas 2009.

Its a unanimous decision among most predictors that tdk has the best release date next summer, followed by indiana jones and then get smart.
Is that being turned into a movie? :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"