The Dark Knight why such a late release date for TDK????

1. To each his own, as I keep on saying anything is possible if the film is done RIGHT.

2. Hulk? That's a joke right? TDK would kick Hulk's ass.

3. No, that doesn't even make sense.

4. Yes, Get Smart is being made into a movie starring Steve Carrell in the title role.

5. Not really that late, but it is kinda late.

1. To each his own, as I keep on saying anything is possible if the film is done RIGHT.

2. Hulk? That's a joke right? TDK would kick Hulk's ass.

3. No, that doesn't even make sense.

4. Yes, Get Smart is being made into a movie starring Steve Carrell in the title role.

5. Not really that late, but it is kinda late.

Don't for get that Anne Hathaway (drools) is playing Agent 99. Get Smart actually looks like it's going to be pretty funny. Unlike most tv show made to movies, Get Smart never took itself so seriously that making a comedy of it today would hurt it. I loved Get Smart.

I think they could release it in may with no trouble, but I guess they want to keep the tradition.

I don't think so... May's crammed... Indian Jones, Iron Man, Narnia...

Don't for get that Anne Hathaway (drools) is playing Agent 99. Get Smart actually looks like it's going to be pretty funny. Unlike most tv show made to movies, Get Smart never took itself so seriously that making a comedy of it today would hurt it. I loved Get Smart.
Awesome! :woot:

Ditto, well Buck Henri and Mel Brooks together, how can you go wrong ?

Iron Man and Hulk while may do big business don't have that strong a following as Batman.

I'm not excited about Indy 4 (who is?) but it will have stiff competition from TDK.

Ya I'm not excited about Indy 4 especially because of Shia Labuff ugh

curse of the "2nd film"? umm Returns kicked ass, it was B&R that was horrible.

anyways, i only see Ind 4 being the big competition, iron man is not spiderman so i dont think anyone will care enough about iron man.

Just point out ignorance when I see it and that was the most ignorant comment I've seen- for a very long time. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the movie, the one undeniable fact was it was the SM film that was worked on the hardest.:cwink:

There's a difference in opinion in quality vs. the amount of time put into working on a film.

I didn't find SM3 to be that bad, found it to be enjoyable and a different take. I can see where others didn't like it though.

But, still hating a product and the amount of time put into making a product are two COMPLETELY different things.

Just because Raimi worked hard on SM3 (which I disagree), doesn't mean the movie turned out good. Raimi didn't put ANY effort into making the symbiote/Venom storyline good. Raimi has even stated that he never even liked Venom.

What a poor excuse for a film SM3 was. Those guys rush to make the stupid deadline (Tons of post and stuff) and the story therefore the film and the fans suffer from it. I call that disrespecting the audience.

What a poor excuse for a film SM3 was. Those guys rush to make the stupid deadline (Tons of post and stuff) and the story therefore the film and the fans suffer from it. I call that disrespecting the audience.

That movie was a good example of Hollywood at it's worse. What a waste after such a good movie like Spiderman 2.

It makes me sick that i wasted 10 bucks on the 3rd one. I knew it was going to be terrible based on the reviews and I still had to see it for myself. nothing in that movie will ever make me want to watch it again.

That is why I'm glad we have Nolan directing the Batman series right now, I don't think the guy is capable of making a bad film. Can't wait.

That movie was like they were making a puzzle and spent years working on it. But they looked at every little piece one by one.. Then when it was done they finally looked at the big picture and it was a big pile of crap. With many missing pieces. Someone shoulda stopped and said hey you know we are making crap? oh well just my opinion

SM3

I wouldn't worry. SPiderman 3 for example, was so early in the season , that by end of june people forgot about it. Transformers stold the show basically this summer. I like how TDK is doing it. December trailer, i bet a superbowl bit, and trailers during all the early movies of the summer will give it major buzz to finish the summer. July movie gurantees all younins will be out of school so they can go out and pay 10 dollars on a weekday the week after, which i don't have stats to prove, but i would guess the movie would draw a little more fans the second week than it would during a school week. but i dunno, lastly everyone will remember it throughout christmas season and buy TDK toys..:cwink:

I wouldn't worry. SPiderman 3 for example, was so early in the season , that by end of june people forgot about it. Transformers stold the show basically this summer. I like how TDK is doing it. December trailer, i bet a superbowl bit, and trailers during all the early movies of the summer will give it major buzz to finish the summer. July movie gurantees all younins will be out of school so they can go out and pay 10 dollars on a weekday the week after, which i don't have stats to prove, but i would guess the movie would draw a little more fans the second week than it would during a school week. but i dunno, lastly everyone will remember it throughout christmas season and buy TDK toys..:cwink:

Pretty much. There's no real reason for a movie to get rushed out at the beginning of the summer just because it's the beginning of the blockbuster season. The movie is going to be a hit anyway.

That movie was a good example of Hollywood at it's worse. What a waste after such a good movie like Spiderman 2.

It makes me sick that i wasted 10 bucks on the 3rd one. I knew it was going to be terrible based on the reviews and I still had to see it for myself. nothing in that movie will ever make me want to watch it again.

That is why I'm glad we have Nolan directing the Batman series right now, I don't think the guy is capable of making a bad film. Can't wait.

I think people have become very unfair as far as Raimi is concerned. When he did SM2 and until SM3 he was in the same pedestal as Nolan and now people are jumping to lynch him. He made a mistake, and not all of it was his fault, much of it was studio and FANS interfering. Don't eat the man alive, he still is a great filmmaker and storyteller, at least IMO, but at least don't be unfair.
Heh, many of you remind me of the Israeli, who welcomed Jesus like a savior and later chose to save Barabbas and crucify Christ.:oldrazz:
I fear that if Nolan does not so good ('cause this is my opinion of SM3, had we gotten SM3 before SM2 I doubt such an uproar would have taken place), the same story will happen and will dub another newcoming director as infallible.

It's a box-office standpoint. The two best months in summer are May and July.

May 2008 is too crowded as you have films like Iron Man, Narnia, and of course, Indiana Jones 4. WB wants TDK to be in as open of a marketplace as possible when it comes out.

July 2008 is open enough for TDK where it will have plenty of space to not only have a big opening, but to have some great legs.

TDK honestly has the best release date out of ANY of the major films next summer. WB was brilliant in its release date choice.

I disagree, I think the general public will love this film. I really haven't talked to anyone who saw BB and did not like it. This film will be a hit with the older audience IMO. The kids will probably prefer cheesey/campy Spiderman movies, or their Harry Potter flicks. I think as far as anyone over the age of 15 is concerned, this movie will be a dream come true.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"