Endgame Will AEG top IW?

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
Which movie could be better? Could AEG top IW?

Which scenes from IW are the best...
  • Best moments?
  • Best characters?
  • Best action scenes?
  • Best funny scenes?
  • Best emotional scenes?
What do you expect from AEG... What would you like to see?

Shouldn't we wait on this until, you know, people see it?

Shouldn't we wait on this until, you know, people see it?
I changed the title so it's easier to understand.

We can post a similar thread when AEG comes out. "Best movie: IW or AEG?"
This one is more to refresh our feelings about IW and try to measure people's excitement, what they would like to see in AEG and if they think Marvel can surpass the achievement that was IW.

I touched on this in a different topic, so here's my copied post from there regarding your question down below:

The answer is no. Endgame won't be better than Infinity War.

People these days are shallow and they don't even know it. I'll explain. People today (and especially younger people) don't want cheesy/cliche/predictable movies or movie outcomes, yet they prove otherwise with their own statements CONSTANTLY, in MCU movies more than anywhere else.

The sole reason why Endgame can't be better than IW is because IW had the luxury of being unpredictable and had (finally) the villain win for a change. Endgame, we know (unfortunately because of Far From Home trailer etc.) will be the same old cliche MCU movie like any other MCU movie so far EXCEPT Infinity War because we know the good guys will win again and completely demolish the fantastic ending that Infinity War had. Good guys winning is the definition of cliche.

The only way Endgame can be better than Infinity War is if the good guys don't win in the end and it is revealed that all the snapped people ended up in an alternative universe which doesn't contain any of the characters who weren't snapped in this universe. But, Hollywood writers don't have the balls to do that unfortunately. And to add to this - for Endgame to be better than Infinity War, multiple permanent major character deaths need to happen. By that, I mean Captain America and Iron Man specifically need to die, but ideally, the whole original Avengers lineup needs to die (meaning Black Widow, Hawkeye/Ronin and Rhodes along with Cap and Iron Man) with the exception of Hulk and Thor because the two of them can actually play a factor in the upcoming cosmic phase unlike the others I've listed. But, unfortunately, we all know Hollywood writers don't have the balls to do that either.

I touched on this in a different topic, so here's my copied post from there regarding your question down below:

The answer is no. Endgame won't be better than Infinity War.

People these days are shallow and they don't even know it. I'll explain. People today (and especially younger people) don't want cheesy/cliche/predictable movies or movie outcomes, yet they prove otherwise with their own statements CONSTANTLY, in MCU movies more than anywhere else.

The sole reason why Endgame can't be better than IW is because IW had the luxury of being unpredictable and had (finally) the villain win for a change. Endgame, we know (unfortunately because of Far From Home trailer etc.) will be the same old cliche MCU movie like any other MCU movie so far EXCEPT Infinity War because we know the good guys will win again and completely demolish the fantastic ending that Infinity War had. Good guys winning is the definition of cliche.

The only way Endgame can be better than Infinity War is if the good guys don't win in the end and it is revealed that all the snapped people ended up in an alternative universe which doesn't contain any of the characters who weren't snapped in this universe. But, Hollywood writers don't have the balls to do that unfortunately. And to add to this - for Endgame to be better than Infinity War, multiple permanent major character deaths need to happen. By that, I mean Captain America and Iron Man specifically need to die, but ideally, the whole original Avengers lineup needs to die (meaning Black Widow, Hawkeye/Ronin and Rhodes along with Cap and Iron Man) with the exception of Hulk and Thor because the two of them can actually play a factor in the upcoming cosmic phase unlike the others I've listed. But, unfortunately, we all know Hollywood writers don't have the balls to do that either.

I respectfully disagree because while Infinity war had villain win which
was unpredictable it also had to follow certain narrative path of Thanos collecting stone by stone.We knew what the basic plot was.Endgame has the luxury of being unpredictable we know that avengers will most likely win in the end but we don t know the path to that victory neither do we know the basic plot,Eandgame also has much smaller number of characters in comparison to the infinity war,it has time for character arcs and touching character scenes simmilar to Thor and Rockets scene from Infinity war in other words it has time to breath.It also has the benefit of being the grand finale.In my opinion only one major avenger needs to die,max 2 because if 4 of them die,some deaths will overshadow the others I feel like it wouldnt have the needed effect for all 4 deaths there is a reason why Lord of the rings didnt kill more than 2 characters per movie.Infinity war is my favorite MCU movie for sure but if done right I haved no doubt that Endgame can top it.

I don’t see how deaths are unpredictable in the final film of this 3 phase project. If it was all about being unpredictable they could kill no one. That would be more surprising IMO. Or just stop the film at the halfway point and roll the credits - who would predict that? :D:

For me it depends on how much the snapped characters are in it. If it's less than 5 minutes, it might not do it for me because I want to see some of them. And IW was pretty epic.

We'll see.

I respectfully disagree because while Infinity war had villain win which
was unpredictable it also had to follow certain narrative path of Thanos collecting stone by stone.We knew what the basic plot was.Endgame has the luxury of being unpredictable we know that avengers will most likely win in the end but we don t know the path to that victory neither do we know the basic plot,Eandgame also has much smaller number of characters in comparison to the infinity war,it has time for character arcs and touching character scenes simmilar to Thor and Rockets scene from Infinity war in other words it has time to breath.It also has the benefit of being the grand finale.In my opinion only one major avenger needs to die,max 2 because if 4 of them die,some deaths will overshadow the others I feel like it wouldnt have the needed effect for all 4 deaths there is a reason why Lord of the rings didnt kill more than 2 characters per movie.Infinity war is my favorite MCU movie for sure but if done right I haved no doubt that Endgame can top it.

Those are exactly my points to why Endgame can't top Infinity War. Yes, we don't know the path to the inevitable heroes victory, but that's what is the cliche also, just like all other Marvel movies EXCEPT Infinity War. In every other Marvel movie, they follow the same principle - ''movie opens with everything being ok - then a bump on the road - trying to find a solution - a few more bumps on the road while executing the solution - heroes win''. It will be the same thing with Endgame.

It's what I personally have had problems with for the last few movies. Knowing heroes will inevitably win in the end destroys the weight of the situations that the heroes are in. No matter how tough the villain seems or no matter how complicated the situation, you know they will win. There is no suspense for me anymore in that regard. That's why I loved Infinity War. From the start of the movie until the end, there was a different tone to every major situation in the movie, at least for me. I wasn't sure whether the heroes can win or not and that was amazing. In every other movie so far, that wasn't the case. I was just in for the ride knowing they will win in the end. Civil War had a similar sub-tone for me, but that was due to the unique hero vs hero conflict.

Also, I like the fact that you pointed out there is a smaller number of characters in the movie and that they will have time to breathe. That's exactly why there has to be at least 2 (ideally 5) major character deaths in the movie. There were (as far as we know) 4 permanent character deaths in Infinity War also (Loki, Heimdall, Gamora and Vision) and none of those deaths overshadowed one another. And they weren't even the only losses in the movie! So it will only be easier to do it in Endgame. Question is, do the writers and directors have the balls to do it? However, we need to bear in mind that leak from a while back about every hero together in the same scene, so that means everyone will again be back in the end anyway, but still… the majority of the movie won't be crowded and the first two acts and the beginning of the third act are the perfect places to kill Black Widow, Hawkeye/Ronin and Rhodes and then save the spotlight deaths for Cap and Tony in the end. Not to mention the movie will be longer than Infinity War, another reason why it can work without any problems.

Leaving everyone alive might be ''unpredictable'' per se, but it would still be cliche and that's even worse. Like I said, they have to end this grand finale on a high note. Plot armor and cliche solutions have to be thrown out of the window for it to be the movie it absolutely deserves to be, not just because it's the grand finale, but because it's the extremely tough to make a deserving follow up to Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"