Civil War Winter is Coming - The Bucky Barnes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Bucky's gonna get an awesome vibranium arm now.

My only hope is that he cuts his damn hair.

tumblr_loamhnb9pV1qbxvpi.jpg

Do u guys think winter soldier is popular enough for marvel to make a solo Winter soldier film? I was reading those news about black widow getting her own solo and thought of WS too

Stan is way more attractive with the shorter hair from First Avenger, IMO, but doesn't Winter Soldier always have his longer hair in the comics?

Winter Soldier he should get his own standalone film but then again knowing Marvel would they really be committed to it? Not to mention could Winter Soldier well Bucky carry a movie all by himself as the lead? Not to mention you would have other Avengers showing up in his film which then would probably overshadow Bucky who is supposed to be the star of his own film

I'm inclined to think characters like Black Widow and Winter Soldier work better as supporting characters. I don't know if they're the types to carry their own solo movies.

Yeah exactly Winter Soldier and Black Widow aren't as popular enough in the MCU that they could carry their own films with them in the lead role...they work better as supporting characters or even in ensemble films where they are not the lead and plus comics wise they are the characters who really can't stand on their own

Stan is way more attractive with the shorter hair from First Avenger, IMO, but doesn't Winter Soldier always have his longer hair in the comics?

I think his hair in WS was better. He looked so bad ass.

In CW seemed too short. It was better in the post-credit scene.

Yes Bucky's hair I think works better longer and yeah whoever said his hair in Winter Soldier was way better it is way better because his hair more or less in that stays true to the comics whereas in Civil War it is shorter which I didn't really like

Long hair just makes him seem to much like evil Winter Soldier. Having shorter hair might make him seem like good guy Winter Soldier.

It's kind of like Cap dropping his shield; he's rejecting the Captain America image and becoming just Steve Rogers. If Bucky cuts his hair to look like TFA Bucky, then he's rejecting his evil past and trying to become the good guy he always was.

That's just me nitpicking though. Ignore me and carry on!

Yes and I get what you're saying I really do but no way can Bucky ever be the good guy he once was...I mean he was brainwashed for over how many decades? HYDRA found him and essentially programmed him to be a killing machine for them...no way can he just go back to being a good guy I mean he has killed so many people for HYDRA over the years and not to mention they still haven't found a cure for his brainwashing

Yes even though Bucky was in Wakanda being put into cryogenic sleep yet again I mean what is to stop Bucky from becoming a killing machine once again? I mean HYDRA if they could find him once they could find him again

Yes and I get what you're saying I really do but no way can Bucky ever be the good guy he once was...I mean he was brainwashed for over how many decades? HYDRA found him and essentially programmed him to be a killing machine for them...no way can he just go back to being a good guy I mean he has killed so many people for HYDRA over the years and not to mention they still haven't found a cure for his brainwashing

Yes even though Bucky was in Wakanda being put into cryogenic sleep yet again I mean what is to stop Bucky from becoming a killing machine once again? I mean HYDRA if they could find him once they could find him again

Bucky will remain in Wakanda until the HYDRA mess can be cleared from his head. Apparently, he's not coming out of there until he can be 'cured'.

And besides, how many mothers and fathers has Stark's weapons killed? He's never been punished for the pain and suffering he's caused. That doesn't make him a bad person, and it doesn't mean he can't redeem himself (which he did, when he refused to make more weapons). Tony Stark just wants to do what is right.

Bucky is the same way. He's a good guy at heart. The only difference between him and Stark is that Bucky was a victim; he was forced to kill his targets, and he had no say in the matter, while Stark on the other hand made weapons willingly for many years before finally putting an end to it. Bucky couldn't help the pain and suffering he caused, but Stark could.

No way. He's got to keep the signature Winter Soldier look, even it's is less attractive.

Long hair just makes him seem to much like evil Winter Soldier. Having shorter hair might make him seem like good guy Winter Soldier.

It's kind of like Cap dropping his shield; he's rejecting the Captain America image and becoming just Steve Rogers. If Bucky cuts his hair to look like TFA Bucky, then he's rejecting his evil past and trying to become the good guy he always was.

That's just me nitpicking though. Ignore me and carry on!

I'm talking more about aesthetics. He looks more masculine / bad ass with long hair than with visual TFA.

He's a good guy. He didn't kill anyone in CW, he was living his life until someone comes up and mess with his mind. That's why he asked to go cryo again. He needs help to get out of him what Hydra did.
Natasha did many bad things in the past, but now she is a hero.

Yeah Bucky granted he was brainwashed but after that there is no way he can become a good guy living a regular normal life...he is a man out of his own time different era different world but also Bucky has so many memories still that are locked away in his mind those memories he still hasn't recovered those but all he can remember is what HYDRA did to him but it is like those memories he experienced in WW2 he doesn't even remember any of that

His mind his memories are in fragments so he still doesn't even have his full memory back...he knows who he is but does he feel it within himself

Just because he remembers doesn't mean he knows everything

Bucky will never ever have any modicum of happiness or ever find peace within himself not less he finds out who and what he truly is

he is a man out of his own time different era different world

So is Steve.

Bucky will never ever have any modicum of happiness or ever find peace within himself not less he finds out who and what he truly is

He seems to know fairly well who he is by the time of Civil War, IMO. He remembers enough to reminisce with Steve in pretty specific detail about their Coney Island shenanigans where he won stuffed bears for an old girlfriend and they spent their bus money on hot dogs.

Yeah he remembers fragments of his life but he doesn't remember his whole entire life...because he is still brainwashed in essence by HYDRA hence him going under again and them trying to find a cure for his brainwashing in Wakanda

Bucky has to keep the hair but lose the nickname. Start calling him Barnes.

I believe once he got his memories restored in the comics and was still Winter Soldier before being Cap for a while, he had shorter hair (and a different star design on the metal arm).

He said his name is Bucky.

I know. LOL

I actually liked that part, he was clearly trying to get the point across he was Bucky now and NOT the WS. Personally its hard to take a 'killing machine like assassin' serious when he answers to the name Bucky.

I'm inclined to think characters like Black Widow and Winter Soldier work better as supporting characters. I don't know if they're the types to carry their own solo movies.

They can adapt this comic series for their solo movie:

JjACdH8.jpg

smF6epL.png

Agreed. Some people are enthusiastic about certain characters which I can appreciate but sometimes certain characters need to stay in their lane as a supporting character and not contribute to needlessly flooding the market. Black Widow (said to be getting her own movie)...Winter Soldier...Falcon...these are ancillary characters that shouldn't be a tax on resources in getting their own solo movies.

They can adapt this comic series for their solo movie:

JjACdH8.jpg

smF6epL.png

exactly! brubaker run of WS solo adventure is awesome! So much untapped material and unknown past for writers to tap into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"