The Amazing Spider-Man wise cracks; the breaking of drama?

no, I was showing that a tense scene would be ruined by a wisecrack.

Ahh okay, because I remember those two fighting in a subway in that episode and I think Spidey said something about the Lizard needing a breathmint.

Anyway I agree. Spidey should only quip during situations. He can quip earlier during the movie, but later on when things start getting really serious, so should he.

First battle with the villain - Quips can be said non stop.

Second battle with the villain - A few quips here and there, but only if it's appropriate. What you said was a good example of drama and suspense being ruined at what was supposed to be a tense moment.

Final battle with the villain - NO quips at all.

Ahh okay, because I remember those two fighting in a subway in that episode and I think Spidey said something about the Lizard needing a breathmint.

Anyway I agree. Spidey should only quip during situations. He can quip earlier during the movie, but later on when things start getting really serious, so should he.

First battle with the villain - Quips can be said non stop.

Second battle with the villain - A few quips here and there, but only if it's appropriate. What you said was a good example of drama and suspense being ruined at what was supposed to be a tense moment.

Final battle with the villain - NO quips at all.

I agree. the cemetary fight in SM was brutal but would have been even more intense if spidey was runnning his mouth off all movie, when the final fight came around if he were silent you'd know he was serious.

All I'm saying is he needs to quip WAAAAAAY more than he did in the first three movies. They can get almost everything else wrong, but as long as they do his personality right this time I'll walk away happy.

Considering they are looking at Ultimate Spider-Man as a blueprint for this film gives me hope as far as getting his personality right.

All I'm saying is he needs to quip WAAAAAAY more than he did in the first three movies. They can get almost everything else wrong, but as long as they do his personality right this time I'll walk away happy.

Considering they are looking at Ultimate Spider-Man as a blueprint for this film gives me hope as far as getting his personality right.

Agreed.

Just wondering but what is the difference between 616 Spider-Man and the Ultimates version in regards to his personality?

Peter was a bit more broody, troubled and quick to anger/force in the Ultimate version. In 616 he realized he might hurt Flash if he stood up to him so he never did. In ultimate he goaded Flash into a fight, broke his hand (accidentally) and felt bad about it, but later on decided to try and replace Flash on the basketball team partly to rub it in his face.

So Ultimate version is similar to what I hear about Ultimate Captain America...there borderline dick heads. I guess that's Marvel trying to add in some kind of cool factor for the new generations that like the Ultimates.

His personality is more realistic and much more 3 dimensional, like Caps. Ever watch the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon? They got his personality from the Ultimate comics for that show.

Ultimate Peter is the least dickish of all the Ultimate heroes, he at least felt bad about hurting Flash.

Of course, Flash is a way bigger dick in the Ultimate series himself. When he got hurt his family sued the Parkers for medical money, until Peter used his wrestling money to cover it. Then Peter rubbed it in Flash's face again when they were at another wrestling match.

"Hey Flash, challenge the guy. Then when you get hurt you can sue him!"

Man I love Bendis. His characters are so fleshed out and the dialogue is so real. His Peter, I think, is the best we've ever had. JMS's Peter was also really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"