The Amazing Spider-Man TASM school fight vs SM2 train fight

Ajendo

Sidekick
Reaction score
Imo the 3 best fight scenes in comic book history are the tracking shot from the avengers movie, the train fight in sm2 and the entire school fight in TASM.
However, what I want to know is, out of the 2 awesome spidey fights, which do you rank as the best or are they equal?

P.S. This is not a bashing thread, it's a thread to celebrate and pick one out of these 2 awesome spectacles. Have fun.

The school fight was fun and Stan Lee drove it up even more.

But, that train fight scene, especially the 2.1 version, is epic. Just perfect.
All the little things, jumping out the window, shooting webs to throw himself back in the train, throwing the people, then shooting webs to save them, etc.
Doc Ock, in the 2.1 version, throwing Spidey right at the oncoming train.

Nothing like that in the school fight, just some ripped lockers and cocooning.

The school fight was very well done, but the train fight is just far and away the better action sequence. Even from just a set-piece standpoint.

The school fight doesn't even come close to the train fight in Spider-Man 2. I wouldn't go into TASM expecting amazing battle sequences to be honest.

The bridge wasn't a battle, just an "encounter." The sewer "battle" was another encounter followed by a great escape. The school fight was pretty neat, and then the Oscorp tower fight was cool, but nothing can compete with Spider-Man 2. In fact, I think the first fight between Peter and Harry in Spider-Man 3 was so much better than all the action in this movie combined.

The school fight was fun, but the extended version of the train fight is much better. As much as I'd love to see a fight in any of the Spidey movies hold up to that, I'm not holding my breath

Its possible that a certain bridge fight in the next movie with Gwen could possibly compete with it.

The thing is, a battle on top of a moving train is just very exciting. What could they do for future movies to make a battle that much more exciting?

I'd say they're about equal, but the music in the school fight killed a lot of the scene's power, imo.

Maybe I need to re-watch the movie again, and I will appreciate the school fight more.

The school fight doesn't even come close to the train fight in Spider-Man 2. I wouldn't go into TASM expecting amazing battle sequences to be honest.

The bridge wasn't a battle, just an "encounter." The sewer "battle" was another encounter followed by a great escape. The school fight was pretty neat, and then the Oscorp tower fight was cool, but nothing can compete with Spider-Man 2. In fact, I think the first fight between Peter and Harry in Spider-Man 3 was so much better than all the action in this movie combined.

Do you mean the one in Harry's mansion? Because that's one of my favourite battles as well!

The school fight is well better IMO. The train scene is so overrated. What I loved in the school fight was how spider-like spidey was. Crawling around the lizard like a spider, wrapping in him in a cocoon like prey. The stylish crawling on the ceiling. STAN LEE! just everything. Was perfect and much better than the train scene IMO. :)

Do you mean the one in Harry's mansion? Because that's one of my favourite battles as well!

Doesn't he mean the one at the beginning of the movie when he gets amnesia?

Doesn't he mean the one at the beginning of the movie when he gets amnesia?

I reread it and yeah he probably does. I never liked that battle but I love the one in the mansion

The school fight was great, best one in the movie, but it doesnt compare to some of the fights in Spiderman 3 let alone the train fight in SM2. Everything about the train fight, especially the 2.1 version, so while the school fight was good, it didnt compare to the best fights in the previous franchise.

As good as the high school fight was, nothing tops the train sequence. Keep in mind, that's an extension of the clock tower fight all happening in one sequence. That was just an action packed battle from start to finish. Even building to the big reveal of Ock taking Spidey to Harry.

Look, I love the Lizard, but they could have done a lot more with him.

How I'd rank Spidey's fight scenes on film:

1. Spidey vs. Doc Ock: Train/Clocktower fight
2. Spidey vs. Doc Ock: Bank/Building
3. Peter vs. Harry throughout New York (beginning of SM3)
4. Spidey and Harry vs. Venom and Sandman
5. Black Suited Spidey vs. Sandman in Subway/Sewers
6. Spidey vs. Sandman around armored car
7. Spidey vs. Lizard in High School
8. Peter vs. Harry Round Two
9. Spidey vs. Green Goblin (Final Fight)
10. Spidey vs. Lizard (Final Fight)

I mean the action scenes were good in TASM and better than most of the fights in SM1, but they lacked the scope and scale of how Raimi filmed them in the sequels.

If I had to rank the fights in the spider-man movies:

1. Train Fight in SM2
2. Final Battle in abandoned building in SM1
3. World Unity Festival SM1
4. Spider-man vs Ock at the bank
5. Spider-man vs Lizard

So really,despite the school fight clearly being the best in the film, it barely cracks top 5 spider-man fights.

Look, I love the Lizard, but they could have done a lot more with him.

How I'd rank Spidey's fight scenes on film:

1. Spidey vs. Doc Ock: Train/Clocktower fight
2. Spidey vs. Doc Ock: Bank/Building
3. Peter vs. Harry throughout New York (beginning of SM3)
4. Spidey and Harry vs. Venom and Sandman
5. Black Suited Spidey vs. Sandman in Subway/Sewers
6. Spidey vs. Sandman around armored car
7. Spidey vs. Lizard in High School
8. Peter vs. Harry Round Two
9. Spidey vs. Green Goblin (Final Fight)
10. Spidey vs. Lizard (Final Fight)

I mean the action scenes were good in TASM and better than most of the fights in SM1, but they lacked the scope and scale of how Raimi filmed them in the sequels.

This would pretty much be my list too except the Unity Festival fight from SM1 would probably be in there ahead of the final fight in TASM.

And yeah, they could and should have done a lot more with the Lizard.

I agree that there could have been a lot done more with lizard/Connors, maybe we'll get treated to some more lizard action in the sequel?

I agree that there could have been a lot done more with lizard/Connors, maybe we'll get treated to some more lizard action in the sequel?
No. We won't. At most, we'll see Dr. Connors again.

I'm sure we will see Dr. Connors again, but I doubt he will transform in the sequels. I mean, anything is possible, but this isn't the comic books. Hollywood works very differently.

@EDDIE : Yea I'm just being wishful, I know Connors knows more than he's lettin in about petes parents he will possibly expand on that in asm2

I really liked the School Fight i just wished it would have been longer i mean it had everything even Spidey making jokes. But the SM2 Train fight is its own thing So i guess i like them equally both

I prefer the School fight by a small margin...mainly due to the more agile spider-man doing signature spidey moves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"