The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I meant that those people think they themselves are the center of the universe at times. People here argue with others as if their taste in films is the number one rule in nature. Sure, it's hard not to come off that way at times, but I try to be as open minded to others as I possibly can and have a two-way-discussion, but some people at this place just aren't capable of doing that I think. (And yes, you're also one of the good posters here).

Thanks! I try to stay classy. :word:
There was a time here where I thought I'd get into a legitimate argument, but it ended up being a very civil discussion. Being open-minded and objective is all that really needs to happen, but some people might take opinions the wrong way. Here's something I love to live by -- it's not what you say, but how you say it.

You should definitely watch them again! I love those films as well! The first film may not be perfect by any means, but it still has its charm. Ian McKellen really shines as Magneto! :up:

Definitely :up: I feel like David Hayter should get back on board for X-Men. His writing for the first two movies is superb, except for, well, Storm's line about the toad :funny:

Thanks! I try to stay classy. :word:
There was a time here where I thought I'd get into a legitimate argument, but it ended up being a very civil discussion. Being open-minded and objective is all that really needs to happen, but some people might take opinions the wrong way. Here's something I love to live by -- it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Exactly! Heck, different opinions are many times great for some creative and giving discussions. It's unfortunate then when people waste it because they are narrow minded. To be understanding of others is a great thing that people should let themselves be at least sometimes. It gives you so much more than simply going "No you're wrong, I am right!" when the topic really is about a matter of opinion.

Definitely :up: I feel like David Hayter should get back on board for X-Men. His writing for the first two movies is superb, except for, well, Storm's line about the toad :funny:

Hahahha yeah that definitely was an :dry: moment! :woot:

Fully agreed
Solid Snake, X-Men writer

Aren't they with FOX still while FOX owns Daredevil?
No,He was on loan to Fox,Arad said it himself in an interview
All characters first introduced in a Spider man movie are sony's property

Yet Beenox have said many times their game is in continuity, no one said that of the old Spidey games.
They will make TASM2 as they like,they wont change their decision because of the game

And praise is fine, but show me one that says he's BETTER than Tobey Maguire.
Plenty man plenty
Just read them

then let me bring in Perlman, Stewart, Bale, RDJ.
As I said Stewart's was not a main character
Bale? ROFLMAO He wasnt a detective and he wasnt a martial artist so two major characteristics of Batman werent even there
RDJ On par
Havent watched Hellboy so wouldnt know about Perlman
Anyway its all about opinions and I wont change yours and neither will you change mine so lets agree to disagree and move on

Captain America and Iron Man ALWAYS fought like that dude.
But Captain America was never arrogant

Okay. Then it's annoying to you. To me, it was a great nod to the cartoon.
All about opinions
To me the Lab Coat was a great nod to the comics

And he used those manglers during combat.
Combat in my argument meaning when he actually fighting them hand to hand
For example the fight at the Club in TDK where he meets Maroni,It made me cring

Lol, trying to erase what you said? You definitely said the lab coat gave Peter clarification of where Lizard went.
Thats the only explanation I can think of

Jameson should at least got some cuts and marks on him, but NOT glass sticking out of his skin.
As I have said several times before,he was too far from the window to actually get injured

No...no, I really haven't.
YOu have

Then Sony still likes to please crying little *****y fanboys :o

Good thing we have some studios that let their directors do what they please

And good thing we have directors who dont chicken out like Nolan

Actually...they would. A vigilante would cause for all questions, but Raimi just never went that route when it should be.
Give me one reason why Spider man should have been suspected?

A lot of investigations start by the smallest detail that grows to be strong evidence.
As I said evidence like sketching of the face and finger printing are MUCH MUCH stronger evidence than needless speculating you have been doing
And BTW 0:13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjyMjRaKMc&feature=related
In a world where there was never a comic book about Spider-Man, that shirt would not exist.
There is no beetle man
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HgkR_frg6xg/TVaeCR8O-HI/AAAAAAAAAFs/6NQ01wcF-_M/s400/BeetleShirt+%25282%2529.jpg

Yah, they're stupid alright :doh:

did you even watch the scene at all? At least once? They only lost track of the Tumbler for a moment.
When there is a helicopter with their spotlight on him and 3 cop cars right on top of him and all 3 lose sight at once?
Stupidity to me

No, they shouldn't have shown it because it adds to the build up when we see Bruce in Gotham after he escaped the pit.
Similarly showing cuts would have ruined the scene which was supposed to be dramatic plus as I said,the sensor boards
One of the best. Sadly the only "best" CBMs of the year is between two films, not three
Not even a competition..TA is undisputed best of this year
TDKR fell short big time

Last edited:
I'm thinking of re-installing the Mass Effect series and playing it all in one shot.

Does anyone think sony is about to make a big announcement these weeks ? anything has been spoken about TASM

Does anyone think sony is about to make a big announcement these weeks ? anything has been spoken about TASM

I have a feeling they won't do that until much later.

No,He was on loan to Fox,Arad said it himself in an interview
All characters first introduced in a Spider man movie are sony's property

You mean a Spider-Man comic.

That's nice Sony owns Kingpin, but I think I'd still like to see guys like Tombstone or Silvermane.

They will make TASM2 as they like,they wont change their decision because of the game

If you wanna think that, go ahead.

Plenty man plenty
Just read them

Not going to show me one? Something else I don't believe you on then with the reviews.

As I said Stewart's was not a main character

Then fix your ****ed up criteria.

Bale? ROFLMAO He wasnt a detective and he wasnt a martial artist so two major characteristics of Batman werent even there

Christ, not this again....

RDJ On par

No...RDJ is better.

Havent watched Hellboy so wouldnt know about Perlman

Then you should watch the Hellboy films.

But Captain America was never arrogant

Being a hot head towards Tony Stark isn't being arrogant.

All about opinions
To me the Lab Coat was a great nod to the comics

Like I said, once would be a great nod. It just shows up in situations that didn't even need a lab coat.

Combat in my argument meaning when he actually fighting them hand to hand
For example the fight at the Club in TDK where he meets Maroni,It made me cring

Awesome...but I only ask isn't he creative enough with using those manglers during combat at the beginning of TDK. And you have yet to answer.

Thats the only explanation I can think of

Because there isn't one. And because this "explanation" of yours is so, so, so hilarious.

As I have said several times before,he was too far from the window to actually get injured

Only because they tried to have his desk away when the window actually explode, but keep it with continuity and place his desk closer as it should've been BEFORE that scene.

Again....nitpicking over directing liberties...no, I really haven't :up:

And good thing we have directors who dont chicken out like Nolan

No...you have that confused with Sam Raimi :up:

Give me one reason why Spider man should have been suspected?

As soon as Spider-Man shows his "face".

As I said evidence like sketching of the face and finger printing are MUCH MUCH stronger evidence than needless speculating you have been doing
And BTW 0:13 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnjyMjRaKMc&feature=related

That's just for being a vigilante, NOT connecting the two of which I am talking about.

:lmao:

What are you trying to prove now? :funny:

When there is a helicopter with their spotlight on him and 3 cop cars right on top of him and all 3 lose sight at once?
Stupidity to me

Again...watch the movie. You see how they lose the Tumbler.

Don't try to pull "stupid police" just because I have already said this before regarding Spider-Man :doh:

Similarly showing cuts would have ruined the scene which was supposed to be dramatic plus as I said,the sensor boards

LOL! Tell me how cuts would have ruined the scene? Haha.

Not even a competition..TA is undisputed best of this year
TDKR fell short big time

If you think so, haha....but it must suck to like a movie that didn't even come close to being one of the best CBMs :awesome:

When they find a director :oldrazz:

Yes, this! It's still not clear whether Marc Webb will or will not direct the sequel yet I think. If they will start production early January next year, they need to get things moving pretty soon now. But I don't think we'll know these coming weeks. Maybe sometime in September. I just hope they don't rush it and push back the date if needed.

I don't think they'd make an announcement to say Marc Webb won't be directing...would they?

I don't think they'd make an announcement to say Marc Webb won't be directing...would they?

No, then they'd announce the new director instead. But I don't think we'll have an announcement soon anyways. I have a feeling this will be like before ASM all over again when we basically got almost no info until the last months.

They wouldn't make an announcement to only say that, they would most likely reveal the replacement.

I was replying to Anno.

Then fix your ****ed up criteria.
The criteria is simple,Prof X wasnt the main character,Wolverine was

Christ, not this again....
How can the potrayal be counted as iconic when it is missing 2 major characteristic of the character

No...RDJ is better.
Dont agree but respect your opinion

Being a hot head towards Tony Stark isn't being arrogant.
That 'big man in a suit of armour' reeked of arrogance
He was challenging him to a deul knowing full well there were more important things going on
Tony Start seemed more cool and level headed than CapAm which shouldnt be the case

Awesome...but I only ask isn't he creative enough with using those manglers during combat at the beginning of TDK. And you have yet to answer.
Ofcourse
I already admitted that,he is creative enough in chases and stuff like that

Only because they tried to have his desk away when the window actually explode, but keep it with continuity and place his desk closer as it should've been BEFORE that scene.
Because Jameson wasnt meant to get injured

No...you have that confused with Sam Raimi
He never chickened out on an ending like Nolan did

As soon as Spider-Man shows his "face".
That's just for being a vigilante, NOT connecting the two of which I am talking about.
Maybe they connected it,who knows
The whole city turns against him on one occasion

What are you trying to prove now?
That it is entirely possible to get a T-shirt with a giant spider on the front

Again...watch the movie. You see how they lose the Tumbler.
I've watched that scene several times and its total stupidity

LOL! Tell me how cuts would have ruined the scene? Haha.
Unnecessary shot of Jameson's back and diverting the audience attention
Not to mention unnecessary confrontation with the sensor boards

but it must suck to like a movie that didn't even come close to being one of the best CBMs :awesome:
Well you like BB which is not better than TASM so..you must know the feeling

Not going to show me one? Something else I don't believe you on then with the reviews.
On the plus side, Andrew Garfield makes a dandy Peter and an even better Spidey, being far closer to the smartass Marvel Comics original than Tobey Maguire’s rather wan depiction in the Raimi series
http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...the-amazing-spider-man-review-back-to-the-web

First is for the main character, Peter Parker: If there’s one thing the new Spidey has done correctly, it definitely has to be the characters. Gone are the dumb characters that were present in the first film or trilogy for that matter. And Andrew Garfield’s version was exactly the opposite of dumb. It was also more relatable than Tobey Maguire’s version
http://www.**************.com/spider-man_movies/news/?a=63758

Through it all, Garfield fills both his slackerish Peter Parker identity as well as his Spider-Man rubberwear with star-quality confidence......the exciting British-American actor with the JFK Jr. dark good looks defies anyone to hate him because he's beautiful — or because he's not Tobey Maguire
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20483133_20589462,00.html

That being said, Andrew Garfield is a much more fitting Peter Parker than our old Tobey Maguire
http://www.policymic.com/articles/1...ield-is-a-better-spiderman-than-tobey-maguire

Garfield > Maguire

http://www.policymic.com/articles/10661/amazing-spiderman-review-emma-stone-and-andrew-garfield-make-this-remake-worthwhile

The whole thing would wreck if it weren’t for the sizable charisma of Garfield and Stone, who feel more human than Raimi’s heroes ever did......and Garfield is the best actor yet to don Spidey’s tights.
http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/...ge-inside-me-to-tell-you-please-let-me-be.php

First - and this is a mighty big first - Andrew Garfield is a WAAAAAAAAAAY better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire
http://www.zimbio.com/Spider-Man/articles/ZG-RVU-nE6o/Review+The+Amazing+Spider+Man

As Peter, Andrew Garfield (best known for playing Eduardo Saverin in The Social Network) offers rather sharper edges than Tobey Maguire.....the movie belongs to Garfield

Yes, there are variations; "Amazing" isn't a carbon copy. And, to some extent, there are improvements. The biggest plus point has to be Garfield, the Anglo-American actor who played Mark Zuckerberg's former friend and ally in "The Social Network."
At 28, Garfield's slightly older than Maguire was when he played Peter Parker in 2002, but his combination of fresh-faced innocence, nervous agitation and wry humor is immediately appealing......"The Amazing Spider-Man" is slick and entertaining and artfully packaged, and Andrew Garfield is utterly engaging
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/03/showbiz/movies/amazing-spider-man-review-charity/index.html

but Garfield's a lot more appealing, and is also one thing that Maguire kinda wasn't
http://www.npr.org/2012/07/03/155979361/a-lanky-teenager-on-the-path-to-super-power?ft=1&f=1045

I can find another dozen if you want..a lot of them heavily praise Garfield but dont say he is better directly(Due to respect)

I think Anno and Spiderdevil just need to bro-hug it out. All of lives problems can be solved with a bro-hug. Or a crowbar. Not both though, in case anyone gets any ideas....sorry, I'm starting to ramble. *sits in corner*

Does anyone know why Immortalfire closed the Unresolved Story thread? :huh: It wasn't even the same topic as the "when and how should Gwen Stacy die" thread...

Eh. Mods will be mods.

The criteria is simple,Prof X wasnt the main character,Wolverine was

Who would care though? Really, besides you? We see Professor X and Stewart did a marvelous job at it. Your criteria is still bogus.

How can the potrayal be counted as iconic when it is missing 2 major characteristic of the character

Because it's not missing those two characteristics that you think are major. It hints the detective aspect but they couldn't do much of it with the character of Lucius Fox. And they did show the martial arts aspect, but sadly they dropped it pretty much in TDK and TDKR. The still showed both factors, but just not as much. The Nolan brothers and Goyer STILL created a definite take on Batman and it's asinine to dispute it.

That 'big man in a suit of armour' reeked of arrogance
He was challenging him to a deul knowing full well there were more important things going on
Tony Start seemed more cool and level headed than CapAm which shouldnt be the case

That didn't reek of anything. Stark was dogging him so much that Captain couldn't take it and lashed out that Stark isn't a hero without that suit of armor. Thus continued that war of words between the two. And Stark wasn't "more cool" at all. He hides behind snarky comments all the time and Avengers showed it even more clearly.

Ofcourse
I already admitted that,he is creative enough in chases and stuff like that

He was fighting with those. You're not clearly saying he was creative in COMBAT in that scene.

Because Jameson wasnt meant to get injured

Then continuity sake, his desk should've always been away from the window.

He never chickened out on an ending like Nolan did

Yah, he did. He chickened out with the entire final battle in Spider-Man 3. More than I can say for Nolan who never chickened out :up:

Maybe they connected it,who knows
The whole city turns against him on one occasion

That occasion is only because of Jameson saying Spidey and GG both attacked him. There is never a connection between that incident in the warehouse and Spider-Man in the film.

That it is entirely possible to get a T-shirt with a giant spider on the front

When there is no Spider-Man in that world, no there isn't. There are spider shirts aside from Spidey, but none of them looked like that shirt. The design and everything screams Spider-Man.

I've watched that scene several times and its total stupidity

:facepalm:

Of course you will say this...

Unnecessary shot of Jameson's back and diverting the audience attention

Once more, never said a thing about his back.

Not to mention unnecessary confrontation with the sensor boards

Censor*

And they didn't mind when there was blood on Spidey.

Well you like BB which is not better than TASM so..you must know the feeling

No, I don't know the feeling seeing as how Batman Begins is WAY better than TAS-M.

Next.

Ahh, finally, you prove your point! :up:

I'll fold, these reviews(minus a couple that only say Garfield's a better Spider-Man) do mention Garfield portraying a better Parker than Tobey. I honestly don't see it myself, but I do see Garfield being a better Spider-Man in the reds and blues.

Oh God, I'm now addicted to Rise Above from that Spidey Musical. The main theme song is pretty good too. But I don't care for the other songs, they range from OK to bad. Rise Above and NY Debut are the only good ones, IMO.

Never heard of it.

Did you actually watch the musical? What did you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"