Days of Future Past Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

I believe he already holds it? He's played Wolverine 5 times. I can't think of anyone else who's played the same comic book character more than that.

Its Six times, they already filmed The Wolverine so that is now counted.

It makes perfect sense for Wolverine to be in this movie. For one thing, he is the most recognizeable (and arguably popular) character to the general public. a DAYS OF FUTURE PAST movie with McKellan and Stewart is going to need to have Jackman in some fashion. For another, we've already been told that THE WOLVERINE is going to be tied into DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and future X-films as they build their own universe. And Wolverine is a key, iconic part of the original storyline. I've never understood the attitude that because Wolverine has been "overexposed" or received too much focus in these X-films that for some reason they should stop using him entirely. I seriously doubt he's going to have a "lead role" in this, though.

Assuming that we have no reason to worry and wolverine won't have a dominating rule that overshadows his other cast mates what role do you think he'll play in dofp. Just a cameo? Lead ensemble character? supporting character? minor character?

In my opinion all the x-men from the future should share the screentime.

a balance would be the best option this time. And after the success of The Avengers, we all have seen that it can be done while still making a good movie, so no reason to believe Bryan and co. cant do it this time.

Assuming that we have no reason to worry and wolverine won't have a dominating rule that overshadows his other cast mates what role do you think he'll play in dofp. Just a cameo? Lead ensemble character? supporting character? minor character?

I hope it's a solid supporting role. Though I'm not a fan of it, I except and understand why Logan was the meat of the original trilogy. With that being said it's time I think to open these films up and allow other characters to shine. I'm excited McKellan is back as Magneto but on the exception of WO he's had a prominent role in every X film and I would like to see that change as well.
Though it wasn't as financialy viable as the other films from what i've heard,First Class still showed you can make a solid film without wolverine at it's centerpiece.

As a die hard X fan to me the biggest problem with the films in regards to Wolverine was that they where oversaturated with the character. I would like to see an approach to the film where you're left wanting more Wolverine and not wishing their was less so other characters could shine.

Logan, Mags and Prof X have been the focus in all the films. I really dont see that changing here given we are dealing with a continuation of FC and the original trilogy. Unless they possibly decide to drop a new character as the time traveler, IM assuming Mags and Prof X will be the focus in the past while Logan, Prof X and Mags are the main focus in the future. With the rest of the team supporting.

Last edited:

I think he might well be the time traveller and that he will lead the 1960s X-Men in stopping whatever event/assassin they need to stop.

I also think that in leading the team back in the 1960s, it will piss off those people who think he is taking the place of Cyclops.

But it's logical to have Wolverine in the story.

I really hope he's not the time traveler UNLESS it was with a group of people. Like in the episode of TAS One Man's Worth. Otherwise I'd rather he just stay in the future and get bested by a Sentinel.

I cant believe some fans can accept Wolverine being the time traveler.

for me is an insult to X-MEN fans. He already has his own movies and was the lead in original trilogy.

Its TIME to start developing other characters and letting them shine.

Do they want to "expand" the universe? Ok, then START using other characters MORE

for me is an insult to X-MEN fans. He already has his own movies and was the lead in original trilogy.

Do they want to "expand" the universe? Ok, then START using other characters MORE

Exactly 100% this! What more do we need to see from that character? Hasn't he done enough? Out with the OLD in with the new please.

The studio want to make money and Wolverine is money.

He's also completely necessary for this story. I can't even believe people can think otherwise.

Yeah, Im not getting this. So people dont want a somewhat faithful dofp adaption? He pretty much needs to be in this flick, no way around it till they kill him.

Can you imagine the general public's complete shock when they see Logan get killed by a sentinel? If they keep that element in then his inclusion is completely justified.

I just pray that this doesn't become another installment of Wolverine and the X-Men....

The difference between Wolverine and the other characters you mention is that Wolverine is the definitive x-man and those characters are not. Wolverine's role in the future is also iconic. If you google images "x-men days of future past" you will likely see many images of Wolverine defending Kitty Pryde and Wolverine's death.

Yes its understandable that he's in it now, after recent negotiations with Hugh Jackman. But you know the constant argument being put forward is that filmakers dont have to follow the comics literally.

So if I was a filmaker and I decided Wolverine would not be in the film I would have said "...it deals with aspects of that comic...". For all we know Hugh could have been tied up in another film. So who would Singer have got to play Wolverine considering The Wolverine is coming out next year, starring Hugh Jackman.

I really hope he's not the time traveler UNLESS it was with a group of people. Like in the episode of TAS One Man's Worth. Otherwise I'd rather he just stay in the future and get bested by a Sentinel.

I definitely think Wolverine will time travel to the past but I also definitely think it won't be just him that will time travel because that would be just really boring.

The studio want to make money and Wolverine is money.

If that was really the case, X3 and XO Wolverine would have done 700$ millions worldwilde or so, but they didnt even reach the 500$ m. mark.

Both Ironman movies and Thor have gotten a bigger boxoffice than any movie with Wolverine as the lead, so to give Hugh so much credit is not as realistic.

Numbers speak for ifself.

And none is saying to left Wolverine out of this sequel, guys, just to not give him the time traveler role.

Last edited:

It would be great to see the universe 'expanded' but every time they try, people just want the old characters back again.

In First Class, people were asking 'where's Scott, Jean and Ororo'.

So it's not easy to bring in new people because people keep clinging to the old characters!

there will always be complaints, thats for sure.

But FC was a success internationally, so Fox shouldnt worry about that anymore.

If they keep the quality for future sequels, the franchise will get bigger each time, so they will introduce young Scott and Jean at some point, and that day x-men fans will be happier than ever, I guess :D. And at the same time, it will probably be the most grossing sequel ever too, so there's no need to rush it.

;)

If that was really the case, X3 and XO Wolverine would have done 700$ millions worldwilde or so, but they didnt even reach the 500$ m. mark.

Both Ironman movies and Thor have gotten a bigger boxoffice than any movie with Wolverine as the lead, so to give Hugh so much credit is not as realistic.

Numbers speak for ifself.

And none is saying to left Wolverine out of this sequel, guys, just to not give him the time traveler role.

X3 and XO Wolverine were both crap films which is why they didn't maintain the pace needed to reach those numbers but they both opened very strongly and along with X2 still outgrossed First Class. Make a good X Men movie with Wolverine and you'll make more money than a good one without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"