Wonder Woman in Batman V. Superman Thread

In the 1970s TV series, after season 1, she disappeared from man's world as well after WWII and went back to Themyscira. The real reason of course was that the first season was produced by ABC, whereas the 2nd and 3rd seasons were by CBS. And CBS wanted to update it to a modern setting.

It was only a 35 year absence from man's world for Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman rather than nearly 100 years like Gal's version.

I reckon it's a codename the military gives her during WWI. It is fitting for that time.

I've been thinking about something lately regarding what was said about Wondy in BvS... it's said that she was disappointed by men's world and stopped being Wonder Woman, but according to those Lex's files she was around in 2013, so it would seem that she remained in our world for entire time, despite retiring... this makes me think that either something happened to Themyscira (hopefully not) or she simply can't return to it anymore.

Edit: It's 2012 actually.

It's been popular to have Diana banned from Themiscrya or not being able to find her way back so I think they will probably go with her choosing Mans World and returning Steve Trevor to safety over staying with her sisters.

I won't be surprised if she begrudgingly came back to the world or mortals and it involved that picture and then her fires are re-lit due to seeing the world produce champions like Superman and Batman.

That is possible. She seems to be an antique dealer, so it could be that she took it upon herself to seek out some dangerous ancient artifacts. Or she was just doing a Connor MacLeod. :oldrazz:

She most likely became friends with Etta and possibly remained with Steve until he died (if he survived the war(s)), so it's not like there was nothing at all to keep her in men's world.

I won't be surprised if she begrudgingly came back to the world or mortals and it involved that picture and then her fires are re-lit due to seeing the world produce champions like Superman and Batman.

She could very well be back in the outside world on another mission. Why does she know about ancient artefacts and where they are in the modern world? That a sultan now owns the sword of Alexander? Why is she an antiquities dealer? Maybe there is something to find out.

I believe that she is searching for an artefact and in her investigations discovers LexCorp has stolen from her - the photograph.

She could very well be back in the outside world on another mission. Why does she know about ancient artefacts and where they are in the modern world? That a sultan now owns the sword of Alexander? Why is she an antiquities dealer? Maybe there is something to find out.

I believe that she is searching for an artefact and in her investigations discovers LexCorp has stolen from her - the photograph.

Yeah I think the entire DCEU is gonna be like a huge jigsaw, with each film a puzzle piece...once we've seen WW solo, we'll likely have a clear idea on why she was in man's world during BvS events.

I also hope each solo has a short scene showing what the heroes--WW, Aquaman, and Flash--were doing during the alien invasion of MOS. I liked seeing what Bruce Wayne did during the world engine destruction. Very heroic!

If Wonder Woman wasn't already in a decent amount of scenes in BvS, that photo of her in the WWI picture with the soldiers would have been such a cool cameo. I can't get over it. I love that photo. I actually got chills looking at it when I saw BvS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"