Wonder Woman in Batman V. Superman Thread

Clark never met Diana at all in the whole movie. Would've been nice if they had one.

The way they played the WW theme was almost as if we were supposed to recognize it. It was very distinctive. I wonder if they use that in the WW movie at all which is where we'd recognize it from eventually.

BTW did anyone notice that Diana had painted fingernails nails in BvS? She seems to use such beauty products even as an Amazon warrior.

BTW did anyone notice that Diana had painted fingernails nails in BvS? She seems to use such beauty products even as an Amazon warrior.

...no, haven't really looked at her fingernails~

anyway, nail painting was used to indicate social hierarchy in some ancient civilizations.

in BvS, Diana is blending in, hiding among mortals, it's quite the norm for classy ladies (or every mortal female for this matter~) to have painted nails.

I noticed immediately but my eyes were fixated on Gal at all times.

I thought there was more urgency and intrigue in Diana's plot than Clark's. I mean, she and Bruce had fun scenes with each other, got to play off of each other (and Clark didn't get this chance). Both were on a mission to break into Lex's files. Clark/Superman was more reacting to other people, even Lois seemed to be doing more, going out looking for evidence.

There were too many parallel plots in the movie. This, along with the customary but unnecessary pyrotechnic denouement at the end, and generally clumsy editing, made the movie into a bit of a mess.

I still enjoyed it, though, and thought each member of the trinity was great.

I wanted Gal to have the "and" credit both at the start and at the end. Instead it just made her look like a not particularly important cast member who came quite low down.

Some info. about Diana/WW through LexCorp files (promo material):

tumblr_o5tyf1g6Fl1rs2uhvo1_1280.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/ggwonderwoman/

For comparison here are Clark and Bruce:

tumblr_o5jqp2pbFc1rs2uhvo2_1280.png

tumblr_o5jqp2pbFc1rs2uhvo1_1280.png

Last edited:
Why no proper picture of Wonder Woman there, and only of Diana Prince?

They don't give her the same attention. :argh:

Why no proper picture of Wonder Woman there, and only of Diana Prince?

They don't give her the same attention. :argh:

The Clark and Bruce ones were released online before the movie (bit of a spoiler too) but yeah the WW one just appeared now, looks like someone took it from a BvS book or something.

EDIT: Apparently the Diana one is fan-made.

Last edited:
The Clark and Bruce ones were released online before the movie (bit of a spoiler too) but yeah the WW one just appeared now, looks like someone took it from a BvS book or something.

EDIT: Apparently the Diana one is fan-made.

I'm glad it's fanmade. Otherwise it looked like Lex Luthor named Wonder Woman, according to that file. No thanks!

Diana makes Batman call her Wonder Woman, in return for her ceasing to make him hit himself.

gal.jpg

gal-gadot-diana-batman-vs-superman.png

We never really saw this scene in BvS, except for a little photo on one of those files. Did they end up deleting this? Or did they shoot all of this just for that little 1 second shot? They could've just had a photoshoot or taken one of Gal's own photos for that file.

I can't quite see how it would've fitted into the overall film though, as its tone looks completely different to the movie.

We never really saw this scene in BvS, except for a little photo on one of those files. Did they end up deleting this? Or did they shoot all of this just for that little 1 second shot? They could've just had a photoshoot or taken one of Gal's own photos for that file.

I can't quite see how it would've fitted into the overall film though, as its tone looks completely different to the movie.

I vaguely recall that when those spy shots first surfaced, a knowledgeable poster pointed out that they didn't appear to have the right kind of cameras on set for filming scenes and that the scene may have just been staged to take "photos" which would appear in the film (as ended up being the case).

gal.jpg

gal-gadot-diana-batman-vs-superman.png

At the time these came out someone said that there were no movie cameras actually filming that scene, just still photographers. So yeah it was just for those photographs for Lex's files.

EDIT: What haephestus said!

Last edited:
I'm glad it's fanmade. Otherwise it looked like Lex Luthor named Wonder Woman, according to that file. No thanks!

In Lex's files he does have the "WW" logo, along with the "C" for Cyborg, lightning sign for Flash and the "A" sign for Aquaman. But not the actual superhero names. But after what Snyder said I wouldn't be surprised if that was his plan.

btw, it does look like these Lex files are promo material from WB. How canon they are, I don't know but:

11218869_1005123022870416_5745779551986600735_n.jpg

12985540_1005123062870412_4049010232878053395_n.jpg

13055378_1005123059537079_8997900552026274038_n.jpg

www.facebook.com/UniversoDC/posts/1005123359537049

I wish WW used her lasso of truth to stop the fight between Batman and Superman, even though I liked the way she entered in the film.

I wish WW used her lasso of truth to stop the fight between Batman and Superman, even though I liked the way she entered in the film.

If WW wasn't retired and Diana wasn't sneaking around in secret, WW (as a full-on superhero) could've gotten a lot done and fixed a lot of problems happening in BvS. She could've gotten the truth from Lex with her Lasso, solved the reasons Batman and Superman were fighting etc. But she was just coming back, had secrets, was wary and guarded etc.

I look forward to seeing Superman and Wonder Woman (including Clark and Diana) interact more.

If she uses her lasso of truth on the JL, she'll reveal that everyone has a crush on her, including Mera. :p

Just got back from seeing BVS again with my mother and grandmother. They both liked Lois and especially Wonder Woman. They thought Gal was formidable as Diana.

Well, Diana is to have a whole set of adventures nearly a century earlier than the events in BvS, so there is a likelihood that she has already been named, thus, its giving her movie its title, and Luthor only unearthed it along with his investigations.

Well, Diana is to have a whole set of adventures nearly a century earlier than the events in BvS, so there is a likelihood that she has already been named, thus, its giving her movie its title, and Luthor only unearthed it along with his investigations.

I kinda thought she stayed under the radar in her earlier adventures, mainly because in MOS, Superman was supposedly the first to go public with his abilities. But they have wiggle room with that so maybe you're onto something and she was known as Wonder Woman previously.

I hope she is known by WW in her own film. I don't want to go through the entire film without her being called that. Maybe Etta Candy gives her that name?

I reckon it's a codename the military gives her during WWI. It is fitting for that time.

I've been thinking about something lately regarding what was said about Wondy in BvS... it's said that she was disappointed by men's world and stopped being Wonder Woman, but according to those Lex's files she was around in 2013, so it would seem that she remained in our world for entire time, despite retiring... this makes me think that either something happened to Themyscira (hopefully not) or she simply can't return to it anymore.

Edit: It's 2012 actually.

Last edited:
I reckon it's a codename the military gives her during WWI. It is fitting for that time.

I've been thinking about something lately regarding what was said about Wondy in BvS... it's said that she was disappointed by men's world and stopped being Wonder Woman, but according to those Lex's files she was around in 2013, so it would seem that she remained in our world for entire time, despite retiring... this makes me think that either something happened to Themyscira (hopefully not) or she simply can't return to it anymore.

Or it could be she chooses to stick around Man's World, as Diana. Maybe helping in other ways. Or she returns to the outside world periodically, to keep an eye out/observe. She might just not want to get directly involved in man's battles again until the threats in BvS.

Or it could be she chooses to stick around Man's World, as Diana. Maybe helping in other ways. Or she returns to the outside world periodically, to keep an eye out/observe. She might just not want to get directly involved in man's battles again until the threats in BvS.

That is possible. She seems to be an antique dealer, so it could be that she took it upon herself to seek out some dangerous ancient artifacts. Or she was just doing a Connor MacLeod. :oldrazz:

She most likely became friends with Etta and possibly remained with Steve until he died (if he survived the war(s)), so it's not like there was nothing at all to keep her in men's world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"