Worst moments in Batman films.

As if all the Bruce Wayne in "billionaire playboy schtick" mode scenes or Alfred putting Rachel in the car weren't camp classics. Mind you I love those scenes just calling a spade a spade by pointing out how every Batman movie tends to have campy moments is all. How about "Nice Coat", "I gotta get me one of those"?, and the infamous recycled from Batman Forever "Excuse me". You can't have too serious of a tone with a superhero movie because it loses the audience, just look at Ang Lee's HULK which I also love. Actually it did have the poodles that hulked out but again for the most part that and Nick Nolte's performance were the only true elements of camp and though I do like the movie I hate Nick Nolter as papa Banner.

i totally agree with this. those lines were pretty bad. the nice coat line just killed that scene for me. too bad. and yes, excuse me and "thanks", they are the same practically. that, and bale was wearing the recycled "sonar" suit and bale also has the kilmer lips lol.

Yeah, exactly. A killer for a movie that you want to be a part of a saga, or to be remembered is to try and make it hip. The coolest elements of Batman are from when they tried to be very 40's, which is cool. Fits batman perfectly. But they were trying to make a definitive batman movie, and for a lot of people, it is just that. However batman is timeless. Batman: The movie is not. The scenes with prince songs are laughably, distractingly and distinctively 80's.
Take Star Wars, by way of for instance. The only thing that gives away that the film is from the 70's is Luke or Han Solo's hair, but thats an afterthought and easy to ignore. Star Wars has become modern mythology. Whereas Labyrinth (say what you will about this one, i thought it was OK) simply reeks of its time, because it tried so hard to be hip, and it did just that. But that movie, too, is distractingly 80's.

And have you ever read dialogue from a 60's spider-man comic?

Oh I agree B'89 is a bit dated, and it's obvious it's made in the 80s, but that's just apart of the style. It's no more dated than say Ghostbusters. The design of B'89 was 50% art deco and industrial look from the 40s, and 50% modern(which at the time was the late 80s). Yeah, it's not totally timeless. But I love the Prince songs anyway:o:oldrazz:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7d31N3IK58[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUZaJ3UJzsc[/YT]

LMFAO

Oh I agree B'89 is a bit dated, and it's obvious it's made in the 80s, but that's just apart of the style. It's no more dated than say Ghostbusters. The design of B'89 was 50% art deco and industrial look from the 40s, and 50% modern(which at the time was the late 80s). Yeah, it's not totally timeless. But I love the Prince songs anyway:o:oldrazz:

It was at the far end of the 80s which puts it in the same time as next Generations lol.

Well, maybe it's dated but I don't find the specific 80's feeling other than in Prince. In fact, no other movie looked or sounded like Batman in the 80's that I remember. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But Batman was totally different to the average "superhero movie" ala Superman that was in fashion back in the day. For me the 1989 Batman was the first step into the modern way of making superhero movies.

I heard she was stabbed to death by Poison Ivy. It wouldn't have matched the tone of the movie, so it was cut.
that's why Batgirl gets really nervous (or was supposed to, Silverstone's reaction shot is....well....anyway) when Ivy pulls out her little knife.
Val Kilmer's infamous "Tell me doctor, do you like the thircus?"

:D :D :D
HAHAH! win. :up:
Well, maybe it's dated but I don't find the specific 80's feeling other than in Prince. In fact, no other movie looked or sounded like Batman in the 80's that I remember. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But Batman was totally different to the average "superhero movie" ala Superman that was in fashion back in the day. For me the 1989 Batman was the first step into the modern way of making superhero movies.
Dick Tracy pretty much stole everything from B89. yes, i know Tracy was a big influence in Batman's creation, but the two books look very much different. the movies did not. it worked in one, didn't work in the other.

the only really "80s" things about B89 are a few of the fashion choices (Vale's dresses at certain points are hardcore 80s! the turquoise wrap dress? the white dress she wears at the beginning of the film? yeah, oh-so-80s), the Prince songs, and some of the special effects work.

the rest holds up surprisingly well. especially considering that a lot of movies with tons of special effects nowadays look ancient and clunky after a few years.

i said it before and i'll say it again

Batman forever's fat security guy

The overacting of the security guard in Batman Forever. "Hey, that's my hearing aid."

And..."oh, no. It;s boiling acid." Like we didn't know that.

And when his glasses fall off and land in the "acid" Ohh and when his shoes are "melting." riiiiiight.

Oh and what seems to be the same guy later in the movie when Batman comes through the ceiling, he points up and says "Batman, aaahhhh."

Bad!

It was at the far end of the 80s which puts it in the same time as next Generations lol.

it seems to me more of a mixture of 80's and what was to come in the 90's it actually influenced what the 90's was going to be like quite a bit actually, film-wise anyways.

that's why Batgirl gets really nervous (or was supposed to, Silverstone's reaction shot is....well....anyway) when Ivy pulls out her little knife.

HAHAH! win. :up:

Dick Tracy pretty much stole everything from B89. yes, i know Tracy was a big influence in Batman's creation, but the two books look very much different. the movies did not. it worked in one, didn't work in the other.

the only really "80s" things about B89 are a few of the fashion choices (Vale's dresses at certain points are hardcore 80s! the turquoise wrap dress? the white dress she wears at the beginning of the film? yeah, oh-so-80s), the Prince songs, and some of the special effects work.

the rest holds up surprisingly well. especially considering that a lot of movies with tons of special effects nowadays look ancient and clunky after a few years.

Totally agreed!

Its been ages since Ive seen the other batfilms, but here are a few problems I found with BB.

-"Its not who I am underneath...defines me"- It was forced and I didnt like it
-Bales raspy voice at certain moments
-Katie Holmes

I honostly enjoyed the comedic lines, such as "Nice Coat", "I brought mine", etc..

Its been ages since Ive seen the other batfilms, but here are a few problems I found with BB.

-Katie Holmes

I honostly enjoyed the comedic lines, such as "Nice Coat", "I brought mine", etc..

You know what, I actually feel bad for you!

-Katie Holmes

I'd add those comedic lines to your complaint list :yay:Those lines DID take away from the overall mood of the film many times for me.

And yes, for me the "it's not what i am underneath..." was only the obligated new "With great power..." line for Batman. Because, as Hollywood thinks, if it worked for A it has to work for B.

Batman (1989):
- The Joker as killer of Thomas and Martha Wayne
- Batman's use of machine guns
- Batman's "I'm going to kill you" line to The Joker

Batman Returns:
- Every scene The Penguin is in
- Both Max and Chip Shreck

Batman Forever:
- Batman's "Are you trying to get under my cape doctor?" to Chase
- Tommy Lee Jones portrayal of Two Face
- The introduction of Robin
- The "special" Batman prototype suit