Worst moments in Batman films.

Always nice how I can watch Batman'89 and Batman Returns and even to this day, find a new meaning to a certain scene.

Yeah I figured when Knox said "What do you suppose something like this does to a kid" that Vicki put two and two together.

The part where the Batwing breaks down and crashes into the Gotham Cathedral now looks quite poor, it doesn't hold up well and is obviously
a miniature.

Knox ruined a part of the film, his dialogue was hokey and shoddy. The character was just rather lame and thank goodness Burton didn't bring him back for the sequel. Unfortunately, another stupid move was not bringing back Harvey Dent for Returns. It places a ridiculous gapping hole in the series and makes no sense as to why Harv is not there(in BR).

In half the scenes Keaton looked completely high in the suit and there was so much loose room around the mouth area, I could have sworn they bought the '89 suit from a party city.

Gough's Alfred is old and rather weak, he's homly and like an old grandfather. On top of that Bruce made him do the dishes, seriously, at that age why didn't Bruce just put Al on retirement pay and gave him the remaining years of his life off?

Oh and how many times is Bruce partially swiped by a bullet in this old series? Dumb scenes. Nicholson's white neck fat was about as apparent as George Lucas's after eating a quiznoes. His schemes were horrible, he wasn't scary, he was too buffoonish and his clothes look lame.

Vickie's hair was far too long and was quite inconsistent, sometimes it looks like Basinger was wearing a wig, sometimes her normal hair, and sometimes some very ugly weave.

In the art gallery scene, Joker dancing never bothered me, but his goons dancing and laughing was horrendous, as was that stupid little cap Jack was wearing.-- Keaton was stiff as hell in the suit, the scene where he is running looks awful, he was way too short, and wouldn't dare move his neck. The fight scene following is also terrible beyond comparison.

*This is entirely me playing advocate on my favorite batfilm for the sake of discussion, repond to any of these statements as you would anything else.

In half the scenes Keaton looked completely high in the suit and there was so much loose room around the mouth area, I could have sworn they bought the '89 suit from a party city.

Whether or not you're being serious, the 89 suit is one of the worst batsuits to date, second only to Clooney's ice suit.

The suit completely swallows Keaton whole. Just look at the cowl, his face is set so deep into it. He looks like he's trapped in a solid block of rubber, like Han in carbonite.

The Returns suit is such an infinite improvement (and still the best of the series); it actually compliments Keaton's smaller stature rather than emphasizing it. The 89 suit just makes him look like one of those cartoon cliches` where you crack open or deflate the giant muscleman suit and inside is the little scrawny guy in his polka-dotted underwear.

Nicole Kidman doing a poor job of being kinky/turned on. "Tight...black....rubber!"

I don't know if anyone mentioned this moment already, but I will say that Joker dancing to Prince does not belong in a thread called "Worst moments in Batman films."

one of the worst moments for me was penguin's speech to the army of sewer penguins.

i just can't swallow that. it is very hard for me to watch that scene and not burst into a fit of laughter. it's just.....ugh. atmosphere spoiling waste.

to me, that scene is just as silly as anything in the joel schumacer films.

another one, this time from batman begins" nice coat"

damn you goyer! DAMN YOU!

one of the worst moments for me was penguin's speech to the army of sewer penguins.

i just can't swallow that. it is very hard for me to watch that scene and not burst into a fit of laughter. it's just.....ugh. atmosphere spoiling waste.

Yeah. That why I'm glad Burton didn't return for more Batman films after BR. He was starting to make them silly with that film. BR may be dark, but it has some campy tone.

Oh, having bunch of cute little penguins with rockets walking around the street? What the....?!? And 4 Emperor penguins were acting like pallbearers to Penguin & slide him into a water when he die. That is the most stupidest thing Burton has ever use in a Batman film. And one last thing: Penguin driving a big yellow duck. That is enough for me to say. :oldrazz:

Yeah. That why I'm glad Burton didn't return for more Batman films after BR. He was starting to make them silly with that film. BR may be dark, but it has some campy tone.

Oh, having bunch of cute little penguins with rockets walking around the street? What the....?!? And 4 Emperor penguins were acting like pallbearers to Penguin & slide him into a water when he die. That is the most stupidest thing Burton has ever use in a Batman film. And one last thing: Penguin driving a big yellow duck. That is enough for me to say. :oldrazz:

As if all the Bruce Wayne in "billionaire playboy schtick" mode scenes or Alfred putting Rachel in the car weren't camp classics. Mind you I love those scenes just calling a spade a spade by pointing out how every Batman movie tends to have campy moments is all. How about "Nice Coat", "I gotta get me one of those"?, and the infamous recycled from Batman Forever "Excuse me". You can't have too serious of a tone with a superhero movie because it loses the audience, just look at Ang Lee's HULK which I also love. Actually it did have the poodles that hulked out but again for the most part that and Nick Nolte's performance were the only true elements of camp and though I do like the movie I hate Nick Nolter as papa Banner.

Alfred putting Rachel in a car is camp? Bruce swaggering in a F-50 with 2 girls is camp? Unnecessary maybe but hardly camp

Im saying I would have guessed Neon lights, tounge n cheek dialogue and rubber nipples is camp. Gothic S&M outifts and silly innuendo is camp. Struggling to dance to Prince halfway into an art gallery cafe is camp.

As if all the Bruce Wayne in "billionaire playboy schtick" mode scenes or Alfred putting Rachel in the car weren't camp classics. Mind you I love those scenes just calling a spade a spade by pointing out how every Batman movie tends to have campy moments is all. How about "Nice Coat", "I gotta get me one of those"?, and the infamous recycled from Batman Forever "Excuse me". You can't have too serious of a tone with a superhero movie because it loses the audience, just look at Ang Lee's HULK which I also love. Actually it did have the poodles that hulked out but again for the most part that and Nick Nolte's performance were the only true elements of camp and though I do like the movie I hate Nick Nolter as papa Banner.

I agree with the that, a loose bit of fun here and there to stop the movie being depressing and dark. I did not see one camp line in that film. Nothing felt like it was out of place when trying to be a little lighter in tone.

Alfred putting Rachel in a car is camp? Bruce swaggering in a F-50 with 2 girls is camp? Unnecessary maybe but hardly camp

Im saying I would have guessed Neon lights, tounge n cheek dialogue and rubber nipples is camp. Gothic S&M outifts and silly innuendo is camp. Struggling to dance to Prince halfway into an art gallery cafe is camp.

I hope you realize that camp doesn't just apply to things that are overtly ridiculous, and yes The Joker dancing to prince music = camp.

I agree with the that, a loose bit of fun here and there to stop the movie being depressing and dark. I did not see one camp line in that film. Nothing felt like it was out of place when trying to be a little lighter in tone.

Just because something is campy it doesn't mean that it's out of place. Now whether it hits the mark with you as an audience member is a different story.

Just because something is campy it doesn't mean that it's out of place. Now whether it hits the mark with you as an audience member is a different story.

Indeed camp stuff is never bad as long as it fits in...

But I do not think that there were any camp moments in Batman Begins.

I strongly agree to disagree. Most people including people in the media think only stuff like this is campy

Joker.jpg

Which isn't true Tom Wilkinson and Cillian Murphy's performances could also be defined as camp but both didn't work for me one was deliciously campy (Scarecrow) while the other fell flat on it's face.

I strongly agree to disagree. Most people including people in the media think only stuff like this is campy

Joker.jpg

Which isn't true Tom Wilkinson and Cillian Murphy's performances could also be defined as camp but both didn't work for me one was deliciously campy (Scarecrow) while the other fell flat on it's face.

I can understand your stance on the matter. I always felt Cillian Murphy's performance more creepy than campy though.

I think one oif the biggest problems of Hulk for me was precisely how it mixed elements like Nolte charixcature of the mad scientist and poodles on one side and then abo****e seriousness and trascendence on the other. I didn't feel it like the same movie; the elements simply didn't match for me.

I liked the movie very much but those are the flaws that made the movie a less than great experience. And of course, the chaotic final confrontation.

I think one oif the biggest problems of Hulk for me was precisely how it mixed elements like Nolte charixcature of the mad scientist and poodles on one side and then abo****e seriousness and trascendence on the other. I didn't feel it like the same movie; the elements simply didn't match for me.

I liked the movie very much but those are the flaws that made the movie a less than great experience. And of course, the chaotic final confrontation.

I can never really justify the angry hulk poodle fight but I could argue that it was used to showcase the HULKs power or maybe just that the HULKs way of life would be freaky and weird. Something that Banner would remember and hate and that would be used for contrast....but that is stretching it.

I was surprised that Kilmer was able to perform a cheek-to-cheek smile in that rubber mask without it splitting.

And one last thing: Penguin driving a big yellow duck. That is enough for me to say. :oldrazz:
The yellow duck was part of the zoo monorail. If you take a closer look you'll see several of them still fixed to the track. Have you never seen that sort of thing at a theme park or zoo?

The yellow duck was part of the zoo monorail. If you take a closer look you'll see several of them still fixed to the track. Have you never seen that sort of thing at a theme park or zoo?

I loved the evil yellow duck mobile.

I hope you realize that camp doesn't just apply to things that are overtly ridiculous, and yes The Joker dancing to prince music = camp.

I know, I know lol Its just that the connotation of camp is a little different than the bare definition to most people. One would think overtly flamboyant yet unneccessary.

Camp = something that provides sophisticated, knowing amusement, as by virtue of its being artlessly mannered or stylized, self-consciously artificial and extravagant, or teasingly ingenuous and sentimental.

Hence why I said in the bare definition, sure but what do people generally associate camp with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"