Worst moments in Batman films.

As if all the Bruce Wayne in "billionaire playboy schtick" mode scenes or Alfred putting Rachel in the car weren't camp classics. Mind you I love those scenes just calling a spade a spade by pointing out how every Batman movie tends to have campy moments is all. How about "Nice Coat", "I gotta get me one of those"?, and the infamous recycled from Batman Forever "Excuse me". You can't have too serious of a tone with a superhero movie because it loses the audience, just look at Ang Lee's HULK which I also love. Actually it did have the poodles that hulked out but again for the most part that and Nick Nolte's performance were the only true elements of camp and though I do like the movie I hate Nick Nolter as papa Banner.

What the hell? Those aren't campy. Cheesy or crap yes, but not campy. At least not compare to what Burton did in BR. And Ang Lee's Hulk was god awful. The Hulk dogs was just as bad as I describe in BR. One of the dogs was a frickin' poodle?!? :wow:

The yellow duck was part of the zoo monorail. If you take a closer look you'll see several of them still fixed to the track. Have you never seen that sort of thing at a theme park or zoo?

You mean they have little yellow duckies at a zoo or theme park? I thought the yellow duck was based on little rubber ducky some use when you take a bath. And I know about the duckmobile. Just saying it was stupid & funny to see. Especially with driving it up some stairs near the ending. Lame!! :hehe: :funny:

Hence why I said in the bare definition, sure but what do people generally associate camp with?

True which is why I said most people and even the media don't have any real idea what camp truly is.

What the hell? Those aren't campy. Cheesy or crap yes, but not campy. At least not compare to what Burton did in BR. And Ang Lee's Hulk was god awful. The Hulk dogs was just as bad as I describe in BR. One of the dogs was a frickin' poodle?!? :wow:

Rather touchy aren't we? do me a favor please get yourself a dictionary and look up the definition of camp. Again something doesn't have to be blatantly absurd to be categorized as camp.

Rather touchy aren't we? do me a favor please get yourself a dictionary and look up the definition of camp. Again something doesn't have to be blatantly absurd to be categorized as camp.

See my post - so yeah you could call giant a HULK poodle fight something that is - consciously artificial and extravagant.

Camp = something that provides sophisticated, knowing amusement, as by virtue of its being artlessly mannered or stylized, self-consciously artificial and extravagant, or teasingly ingenuous and sentimental.

See my post - so yeah you could call giant a HULK poodle fight something that is - consciously artificial and extravagant.

Camp = something that provides sophisticated, knowing amusement, as by virtue of its being artlessly mannered or stylized, self-consciously artificial and extravagant, or teasingly ingenuous and sentimental.

That's part of it and also:

An affected, exaggerated or intentionally tasteless style.

Intentionally tasteless or vulgar, self-parodying.

Theatrical; making exaggerated gestures.

Batman's playboy facade for example has always been self parody and intentionally tasteless to throw people off.

That's part of it and also:

An affected, exaggerated or intentionally tasteless style.

Intentionally tasteless or vulgar, self-parodying.

Theatrical; making exaggerated gestures.

Batman's playboy facade for example has always been self parody and intentionally tasteless to throw people off.

Indeed after careful analysis I can agree with you sir.

Joker dancing to Prince was one of my favorite moments! I don't care what anyone says!!!!:cmad:

It's one of my favorites as well, it's extremely Joker-ish. When camp is pulled off right it's awesome when it's not it's less than stellar. It's not always supposed to mean something negative you know.

It's one of my favorites as well, it's extremely Joker-ish. When camp is pulled off right it's awesome when it's not it's less than stellar. It's not always supposed to mean something negative you know.

I know, the mad face was just me kidding:oldrazz:

I know, the mad face was just me kidding:oldrazz:

You know how humor doesn't translate well at times on the net. But I should've known as such since I've never figured you to be the serious type :hoboj:

Mine too. The fact he danced among dead people made it pure Joker.

Not only celebrating murder but also defacing priceless artwork was quite anarchic which is again, pure Joker.

Hmmm you know what I really like about the end of Batman 89....

The death of the Joker, it was done so well, with him hanging off the helicopter rope ladder and his facial expression and the grouning sound as he tries to cling on. Poor Joker. :(

Speaking of expressions... I like the one on Batman's face before he shoots the line that snags Joker.

Speaking of expressions... I like the one on Batman's face before he shoots the line that snags Joker.

Yeah I thought the Joker was totaly going to get away at the end. I was wrong :(

B89:
-Prince
-Joker's killing of the waynes
-Lack of development of Batman character
-The way the batplane couldnt manage to shoot joker once, but with one try, the joker can pull out a long gun from his pants and shoot down the batplane.
-Alfred letting Vicki into the bat cave
-The casting of Gordon

BR:
-Lack of any internal conflict whatsoever
-That "face to face" song
-Lack of any moral or lesson learned or message or something for Bruce Wayne to learn

BF:
-The damn security guard
-Butt-shots/nipples
-Stupid lines like "I'll get drive through"
-The Riddler
-Two-face (well, at least his opening monologue was kinda cool)

B&R:
-Freeze (Inser line of freeze's dialogue here)
-Batman " Hi freeze. Im batman."
-Robin "A Batbomb!?"
-Alfred "I'll cancel the peet-sah!"
-Batgirl "Thuit me up uncle Alfwid"
-Poison Ivy and her weird ass gorilla dance, and they way she talks like a transvestite getting paid to talk like Jessica Rabbit
-The cartoon sound effects
-Baaaaaaaaaaaane
- Tim Blake "I'm afraid you'll have to die!!" Nelson
-The script
-Lack of real love interest...but i guess Nicole Kidman would turn it down
-Everything Visual
-EVerything audible
-Gordon's referring to Freeze as a villain (WHat?!?)
-The terrible wirework
-The entire script
-Talk about ya cold sholdah
-Ice-Cigars? Really?
-Ah-nuld...everything about him.
-Stupid lines
[YT]AJWpmPGCR1c[/YT]

BB:
-Katie Holmes..That's about it :word:

I love that list I agree with about 90% of it.

The one that I never even thought of before though was this one.

The way the batplane couldnt manage to shoot joker once, but with one try, the joker can pull out a long gun from his pants and shoot down the batplane.

Well spotted.

'Face to face' song was awesome, IMO.

I loved Face to Face, it suited the scene perfectly. lol, even Superfreak worked well. The Prince songs, however, sound very dated now.

I loved Face to Face, it suited the scene perfectly. lol, even Superfreak worked well. The Prince songs, however, sound very dated now.
Yeah, exactly. A killer for a movie that you want to be a part of a saga, or to be remembered is to try and make it hip. The coolest elements of Batman are from when they tried to be very 40's, which is cool. Fits batman perfectly. But they were trying to make a definitive batman movie, and for a lot of people, it is just that. However batman is timeless. Batman: The movie is not. The scenes with prince songs are laughably, distractingly and distinctively 80's.
Take Star Wars, by way of for instance. The only thing that gives away that the film is from the 70's is Luke or Han Solo's hair, but thats an afterthought and easy to ignore. Star Wars has become modern mythology. Whereas Labyrinth (say what you will about this one, i thought it was OK) simply reeks of its time, because it tried so hard to be hip, and it did just that. But that movie, too, is distractingly 80's.

And have you ever read dialogue from a 60's spider-man comic?

Hearing Prince's music in B89 reminds me of how great and respectable pop music used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"