Worst Movie Title

Anything with American, Rise, or Dark in the title

Okay, it's not the worst title ever but my pet peeve is the overuse of " The Last..."
in movie titles.

Last of the Mohicans has history on its side and I'll give the Last Emperor a pass, but otherwise I feel like there are far too many of "The Last..." films out there. Also, putting aside these two films, the Last King of Scotland and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade most films with " The Last ..." in the title are pretty mediocre e.g. The Last Samurai, XMen the Last Stand, or they're complete rubbish e.g. The Last Airbender and The last Witch hunter.

A lot of Tarzan movies seem to suffer from the name. A lot simply have the titular character as the film title, that makes it difficult for a person to find a specific Tarzan movie without giving the year of release or one or two star names in the conversation.
The sequels to Batman Begins should be exceptions.

Attack of the Clones

Every time I hear that .....:barf:

It doesn't sound any more cheesy than other Star Wars subtitles. I think if The Empire Strikes Back! came out these days for a name people would hate it.

Last edited:
Because that’s what it is, a movie about Newt Scamander and his “fantastic beasts” merged into a story about Dumbledore versus Grindelwald.

2 Fast 2 Furious is horrible and doesn't make sense.

Reactions: CJ
Attack of the Clones

Every time I hear that .....:barf:

I like it, nicely ambiguous that you think from the title they will be the bad guys and they end up being the good guys and yet later on in the saga you realize no they are and were bad or at least really destructive, the whole war was a con from the real bad guy (well you pretty much realize it was a con from the end of the film).

Im still trying to decide if this is bad or good lol

Oh, it’s good, lol.

The title of the new Clint Eastwood film, “The Mule” isn’t actually bad, but it just conjures up images of Clint shoving condoms stuffed with cocaine up his butt and that’s something I’d rather not picture.

It does sound any more cheesy than any most Star Wars subtitles. I think if The Empire strikes Back! came out these days for a name people would hate it.
The Empire Strikes Back is apt. Return of the Jedi is clunky.

The Empire Strikes Back is apt. Return of the Jedi is clunky.

My friend, I disagree with you there.

IMO ROTJ was a perfect title because it was all about Luke becoming a true Jedi at last - a bit of foreshadowing though.

ESB was a good title - but also heavy on foreshadowing.

My friend, I disagree with you there.

IMO ROTJ was a perfect title because it was all about Luke becoming a true Jedi at last - a bit of foreshadowing though.

ESB was a good title - but also heavy on foreshadowing.

I always thought the title of Return of the Jedi was referencing Vader's (A former Jedi) act of heroism and redemption in the end.

Oh, it’s good, lol.

The title of the new Clint Eastwood film, “The Mule” isn’t actually bad, but it just conjures up images of Clint shoving condoms stuffed with cocaine up his butt and that’s something I’d rather not picture.
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"