Worst Movie Title

Is it too soon to add Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) to the list?

I mean, if you're going to add such a ludicrous subtitle to your movie, why stop at that? Why not keep going until you can't fit it on the marquee?

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn Who Was Once the Main Squeeze of Mr. J But Has Now Broken Free to Be a Serial Killer in Her Own Right Because Feminism Or Something Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let the DCEU Make Critical Bombs).

Is it too soon to add Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) to the list?

I mean, if you're going to add such a ludicrous subtitle to your movie, why stop at that? Why not keep going until you can't fit it on the marquee?

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn Who Was Once the Main Squeeze of Mr. J But Has Now Broken Free to Be a Serial Killer in Her Own Right Because Feminism Or Something Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let the DCEU Make Critical Bombs).

I find it bothersome how many people think Harley Quinn and The Joker's relationship is any kind of example to aspire toward.

I find it bothersome how many people think Harley Quinn and The Joker's relationship is any kind of example to aspire toward.

First, that's hilarious ( especially the "critical bombs" line) and sad at the same time.

Second, ever since Batman TAS every time I've seen Harley and the Joker's relationship onscreen I cringe - I'm not really a feminist, but their relationship is all about manipulation and horrendous abuse, both psychological and physical - there's nothing funny or romantic about it. Even as fiction IMO it's wrong on so many levels. Explaining it away with "they're both as crazy as each other" IMO doesn't make it better. It's weird, that I can deal with Joker and Harley as a couple of mass murdering serial killers, but the dynamic of their own relationship still bugs me. There's no logic in that, I freely admit.

Happy Death Day 2U
Titled as an old phone text shortcut is silly in an otherwise neat title.

Explaining it away with "they're both as crazy as each other" IMO doesn't make it better. It's weird, that I can deal with Joker and Harley as a couple of mass murdering serial killers, but the dynamic of their own relationship still bugs me. There's no logic in that, I freely admit.
She may be a mental case, but her crush is pretty sound in mind in a lot of situations.

Titled as an old phone text shortcut is silly in an otherwise neat title.

She may be a mental case, but her crush is pretty sound in mind in a lot of situations.

Have to disagree with you there - I don't have a problem with the Joker and Harley having a relationship, my problem is that it's such an abusive one, to the point where Joker has beaten her and tried to kill her - In my professional life I have dealt with women who have been in relationships like that - art doesn't need to imitate life in this respect.

If there was more balance in their relationship, i.e. she beat the crap out of him and tried to kill him, I would find it more palatable. Not that violence in family relationships is okay ( no matter who is dishing it out), but a bit of balance would make them less cringe worthy.

Have to disagree with you there - I don't have a problem with the Joker and Harley having a relationship, my problem is that it's such an abusive one, to the point where Joker has beaten her and tried to kill her - In my professional life I have dealt with women who have been in relationships like that - art doesn't need to imitate life in this respect.

If there was more balance in their relationship, i.e. she beat the crap out of him and tried to kill him, I would find it more palatable. Not that violence in family relationships is okay ( no matter who is dishing it out), but a bit of balance would make them less cringe worthy.
I meant Joker is rather sound in mind. I'm under the impression that 'He's insane' bit comes across as a facade he loves to project and let people believe in.

It's a shocker that she loves him as madly and insanely as she does.

I've never seen it but from what I've heard, the movie is even worse than the title, lol.

Yes. I have seen it, and despite having Antonio Banderas, Lucy Liu and Ray Park ( Darth Maul) in it manages to make almost no sense and be almost devoid of any entertainment value - if you enjoy watching Lucy Liu roundhouse kick people, a lot, then it might be worth your time.

Oh, Lucy Liu. You deserved so much better than the crap Hollywood offered you. At least Quentin Tarantino gave her a role that will live on forever.

I think Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever is still the worst movie title ever.
It is a fascinating title, and certainly not in a good way.

I used to see this at the VHS rental shop all the time and couldn't make head nor tails of the title.

Has anyone actually watched the movie?! :funny:
I saw a trailer edited specifically for a movie channel local to my province.

Oh yeah. Although I've been a fan of both Star Wars spinoffs, I have to say that "A Star Wars Story" has to be the worst subtitle they could have given those movies. Like, seriously? You couldn't come up with something better than that? That sounds like something you'd see on the cover of one of those children's books they release at the time of a new Star Wars movie that features a separate story that ties in loosely with the events of the movie.

Not the worst but I think Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a pretty bad title, freaking just call it Batman vs. Superman and let that be a huge event that finally has happened, don't make it a freaking prelude to another, bigger teamup and if you do don't admit/promote that it is in the title.

Fast & Furious Presents! HOBBS AND SHAW!

That title might be the new Ecks vs. Sever.

Fast & Furious Presents! HOBBS AND SHAW!

That title might be the new Ecks vs. Sever.

There was a newspaper comic called Calvin and Hobbs, I can just see the memes. Mind you having the Rock and Statham together unites two of the most badass bald guys in cinema today. It might be crap, but I'll take a chance on it.

Oh yeah I’m going to see it, don’t get me wrong. And the movie looks like a lot of fun. But they seriously couldn’t come up with a better title than that?

It also made me think of Calvin and Hobbes, lol. I miss those guys. I think the creator gave up art and writing at the height of the comic strip’s popularity.

“Money Heist” just might take the cake for the most generic title of all time. That’s like calling the next Marvel film “Superhero”.

There are a couple of films just called "Spy". So I'll add those in the run for such cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"