The Dark Knight Rises Would you consider Jim Carrey for Nolan's Riddler if he never did Batman Forever?

TLH

Hypnotized
Reaction score
I have to ask. I mean, obviously the guy did Batman Forever and played the Riddler, but just hypothetically, if he had never accepted the role, would you consider him a candidate for a new age, Nolan Riddler in Batman 3?

I'd consider him... he can be a decent actor.

Nope. Carrey's a good dramatic actor, but I need my Riddler to just ooze charisma and manipulative edge.

The Carrey from "Eternal Sunshine..."? Yes. The Carrey from "Batman Forever"? Nope.

I'de prefer a younger Robin Williams, though. And I agree with Crook... he must be manipulatize. I'm not sure about the charisma.

Carrey is a great actor, both comedic and dramatic...but I just don't like him as Riddler. Well, not in this series. Batman Forever already crapped all over Two Face/Batman/Robin/etc., so it was like...might as well have fun with Carrey as Riddler.

I'de prefer a younger Robin Williams, though. And I agree with Crook... he must be manipulatize. I'm not sure about the charisma.
Riddler's narcissistic. I'd imagine he'd have doses of charisma to complement that side of him.

He's actually a fantastic actor. But no, I wouldn't.

Riddler's narcissistic. I'd imagine he'd have doses of charisma to complement that side of him.

He can be delusionally narcissistic, too. Just because he's fond of himself doesn't mean the audience must think that too. Sometime I think I'd prefer a despicable character who's not compelling to audiences in the way the Joker was. Just someone very intelligent who becomes really really dangerous, even out of frustration to prove his intelligence. Charisma is secondary to me.

In fact, I don't think I recall a charismatic Riddler from the comics.

I love him and hes hilarious but I dont think he'd fit in nolans series

Jim Carrey played Jim Carrey in Batman Forever. If considered actually acting like he does in his more serious movies I wouldn't mind seeing him as the riddler but its not gonna happen so it doesn't matter.

defiantly. i think if done right he could turn his other riddler role around.

Yes, why not. I do think he can be a very good dramatic actor from what I've seen.

Jim Carrey played Jim Carrey in Batman Forever. If considered actually acting like he does in his more serious movies I wouldn't mind seeing him as the riddler but its not gonna happen so it doesn't matter.

Jim Carrey played Jim Carrey playing Frank Gorshin playing the Riddler.

And that is the most trivial and stupid piece of correction I've ever done. :whatever:

Jim Carrey played Jim Carrey playing Frank Gorshin playing the Riddler.

And that is the most trivial and stupid piece of correction I've ever done. :whatever:

Not at all. That is an important distinction! But to be precise, I think Jim Carrey was playing Frank Gorshin playing the Riddler.

Idk Carry is a bit more toned down that how he was ten years ago. But I love Jim but I want someone new

No.

No in a: I would've stopped you before you finished the sentence and right after 'Nolan's Riddler'.:yay:

Carrey is a very gifted performer when he wants to be, but I feel that his presence isn't right for this interpretation. I would like for the Riddler to have facial impression that make an impact without him necessarily speaking. Carrey does not have that serious tone; I think he would try to go over the top.

Love Carrey...I would consider him...He's a really good actor...

But, I don't think this role his really meant for him...

The Carrey from "Eternal Sunshine..."? Yes. The Carrey from "Batman Forever"? Nope.

Robin Williams didn't have the physical build or facial features in the past or present that I'd want for this role.

And no....Carrey doesn't need to be in the next film. Even IF there is a Riddler.

Jim Carrey's performance as the Riddler, or, at least, Nygma, in BF wasn't bad. At times, I actually found him to be really creepy. Yeah, it was cartoony, but it was very entertaining to watch.

Anyway, yeah, I think Carrey, dramatic Carrey, could pull off Nolan's Riddler.

Jim Carrey's performance as the Riddler, or, at least, Nygma, in BF wasn't bad. At times, I actually found him to be really creepy. Yeah, it was cartoony, but it was very entertaining to watch.

Anyway, yeah, I think Carrey, dramatic Carrey, could pull off Nolan's Riddler.

I agree...He was entertaining but we can all admit that we each thought he went a tad bit over the top...

No doubt the Carrey could pull off the more dramatic role...But I just don't think that he fits the role...Anymore that is...

Jim Carrey? No.

But I would of considered Kevin Spacey as the Riddler prior to him being Lex Luthor in Superman Returns. Now it just wouldn't seem right seeing the same actor play two major comic book villains.

Kevin Spacey would of been a great Riddler... better than Spacey as Luthor.

Certainly not, Carrey was part of old franchise.

Depp for The Riddler.

No. I would consider Sean Penn or Jeremy Renner.

Yep. Plus he was a good Riddler in 'Batman Forever'.

thenumber23poster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"