Would you enter into a non-sexual relationship?

danielisthor said:
what do you think marriage is after a few years or a couple of kids.
Is this the reason for high divorce rate and people not wanting to get married?

Oral sex is when you call those phone numbers, right? Yeah, that's not sex.

DBella said:
Is this the reason for high divorce rate and people not wanting to get married?
Partially...due to people becoming more "me" oriented and less "we" oriented. Years ago...the majority of people worked as a family (there is of course always an exception to any rule)....they were more willing to give up something they liked or wanted for the good of the family or group. Today....people think more about themselves first and everyone else sometime later. They also want instant gratification...they are not as willing to wait for something to happen over time or to work for what they want.

Herr Logan said:
I don't get it. Where does "kinky" come into it if it's a non-sexual relationship? Is this something where my partner does kinky things with other people and I watch? Either there's a sexual component to the relationship, or their isn't. Kinkiness usually implies sexuality, so you might want to consider editing your poll.

What does that mean, "full sex?" Does oral sex not count in your view? If that's on the table, then that's dandy with me.

The answer to the original question, ignoring the possibility that you somehow don't consider something "sex" unless it's vaginal intercourse, is "no fecking way." Either you want the whole package, or go shack up with a monk.
Well Logan, there are plenty of people that are willing to undergo sexual activities even though they believe in a no-sex-before-marriage ideal.

which i translate to no-'full penetrative sex'-before-marriage.

the 'kink' factor isn't descriptive of the other acts, it's the ability to add spice and variation to what some may believe to be something tedious or just foreplay.

I don't consider Oral as full sex. if someone asks me if i had sex with someone when I only performed oral with them, my answer would always be No. if they asked me to elaborate, i'd tell them what i had done.

I can't describe any act that can be performed by heterosexuals (or similar act by homosexuals)that could potentially concieve the birth or another without protection of one sort or another as (full) sex. everything else can be sexual but it's not sex (in my eyes). maybe the only exception would be anal but still, there are people who don't even count that.

Some more from herr Logan said:
Okay, see, that's ridiculous. How the hell is oral sex not "full sex" if it's performed to completion? If a person can get off from it, it's "full sex," period.

Is that a limited sex life? Yes, but it's still a sex life. Maybe I'm simply biased and could personally live with only getting oral sex if it was on a regular basis, but I'm sick of this nonsense about how oral isn't "real" sex. Maybe that's what kids in middle and high school and people who are "saving themselves" for marriage say as excuses, but in the real world, sex is sex.
The only kind I would even consider as "not real sex" is manual stimulation. That's definitely below par, at least, for my tastes.

By the way, I still can't vote on the poll because of the invalid and unclear classifications of sex in the beginning of this thread and the archaic and prudish notion that oral sex may count as "kinky."

:wolverine
I'd put manual in teh same regions as oral, i don't see how they differ personally, since by your definition, you're still getting off if performed by completion, it's still also part of a (very limited) sex life. We simply have chosen to draw the line at different points.

if you can live with oral and oral alone, then you should vote on the 'yes, if she loves me blah blah blah' option.

C. Lee said:
Partially...due to people becoming more "me" oriented and less "we" oriented. Years ago...the majority of people worked as a family (there is of course always an exception to any rule)....they were more willing to give up something they liked or wanted for the good of the family or group. Today....people think more about themselves first and everyone else sometime later. They also want instant gratification...they are not as willing to wait for something to happen over time or to work for what they want.
I think we also have to look at the reason for getting married and who the person we marry. That is why I think it's great if you marry someone who is your best friend, someone whom you connect with on every level and there is more than physical attraction involved. I think if you marry a person who you consider a partner and a friend, it's easier to put "me" aside and work on "we".

But I really don't know since I am not married yet. I hope when/if I do, I won't be just another statistic of a failed marriage. I don't like failing at anything. :(

DOG LIPS said:
Oral sex is when you call those phone numbers, right? Yeah, that's not sex.
Ahh... I get it. Thanks, O wise doggie.

Some time ago, I would have answer yes without a doubt...but now...i don't know..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"