Comics Would you return to asm if they restored the peter/mj relationship?

Styleshift

Airman
Reaction score
Just an interesting thought I had before I go to sleep....have fun. :cwink:

Let's say fan response continues to hurt sales.
Marvel decides to write peter and mj into a relationship (not marriage) and continue on their brand new day....would you return to asm?

If not why?

Just an interesting thought I had before I go to sleep....have fun. :cwink:

Let's say fan response continues to hurt sales.
Marvel decides to write peter and mj into a relationship (not marriage) and continue on their brand new day....would you return to asm?

If not why?

I have a feeling that's going to happen anyway...

To see the married couple stuck in a limbo of no progression DATING ONLY, again,.....

Uh, no thanks.

They need to restore Spidey's history so that he doesn't have two histories...and fix the marriage and make everything related to the devil and mindwipes and whole new worlds go away...like, totally go away.

I don't ever want an editor's note going back to OMD/BND, the devil thing....nothing.

When they *remember* they're married (the devil can't undo a marriage), I'll buy again.

To see the married couple stuck in a limbo of no progression DATING ONLY, again,.....

Uh, no thanks.

They need to restore Spidey's history so that he doesn't have two histories...and fix the marriage and make everything related to the devil and mindwipes and whole new worlds go away...like, totally go away.

I don't ever want an editor's note going back to OMD/BND, the devil thing....nothing.

True. it wouldn't even make sense. why destroy the marriage so they can endlessly date?

there would be no progression in the relationship and there fore it would be even MORE difficult to write stories between the two. right? :huh:

STYLESHIFT: there would be no progression in the relationship and there fore it would be even MORE difficult to write stories between the two. right? :huh:

Right.

Joe says his writers can't handle writing stories about married Pete and MJ...so why bring them back together? Will they be able to write even more amazing stories about a couple who is married except for the devil, but is now endlessly dating instead? Would THAT make stories better?

This is a giant mess he made, if you ask me.

They'd have to retcon OMD in its entirety before I'd come back and I'm not 100% sure I'd even come back then.....spending money on a title that's an exercise in "waiting for the next shoe to drop" simply isn't enjoyable.....I'm as disguntled a Spidey fan as there is....hell my namesake is front and center in the upcoming "ways to die" arc and I have no desire to even read it off the shelf

They'd have to retcon OMD in its entirety before I'd come back and I'm not 100% sure I'd even come back then.....spending money on a title that's an exercise in "waiting for the next shoe to drop" simply isn't enjoyable.....I'm as disguntled a Spidey fan as there is....hell my namesake is front and center in the upcoming "ways to die" arc and I have no desire to even read it off the shelf

That's actually the main reason I dropped the book.:csad:
If there willing to say ok we won't retcon this mess. That says ALOT about their integrity. years of bad event spidey stories (to reach a point) , and whether you hated or loved the marriage OMD was HATED by generally every fan. they should respect that instead of lie about it.

I wouldn't be too worried about new ways to die though normie...
you might end up with mj this time under JQ's watch and she's hotter if you ask me. :cwink: (lol)

Right.

Joe says his writers can't handle writing stories about married Pete and MJ...

Like that excuses all of the bad storytelling. lol.

For me it's not the relationship thats the problem, its the way its handled. The deal with the devil, has altered spidey history and re-booted stuff - thats what my problem with Spidey is at the moment

Simply having them in a relationship would be such a massive cop-out, and it would be completely ridiculous. So they're supposed to be in a perpeptual relationship without ever reaching the next stage? The whole thing would be a constant reminder of what the book used to be.

It's not enough to have them "dating". The marriage needs to be restored. The continuity needs to be restored.

For me it's not the relationship thats the problem, its the way its handled. The deal with the devil, has altered spidey history and re-booted stuff - thats what my problem with Spidey is at the moment

Only way to change it is through dropping the book.

Which Ben? Parker or Reilly?

I'll be back when the Big-ass event crapola is reduced big-time, Spidey gets free from the Devil's Pocketverse, He also has his brains and maturity restored, and last but not least he's married to the lovely MJ Watson... or Joe Q steps down as EiC... (He might have been a blessing to the other books, but to Spidey he's been a curse...)

Only way to change it is through dropping the book.

If OMD was the end result for Marvel Comics Inc. to get where they felt that the character they owned needed to be (something they've been trying to do since 1993), then I'd hate to see the mess that would return things to the original and quite boring pre-OMD status quo.

:csad:

God, you must have had a horrible time reading Spidey comics over the last 20 years :(

The fact that they've tried various ways of getting rid of MJ since 1993 and have failed because of fan backlash should tell you something.

And there wouldn't necasserily be a mess to clean up the OMD fiasco.

All that needs to happen is for Peter to remember, and to confront Mephisto to change things back.

If I were writing these books, I'd have Wolverine remember (he's supposed to remember everything about his life), I'd have Tony Stark suspect something is up because with the new OMD continuity pretty much the whole Peter-Tony buildup to Civil War now makes no sense whatsoever, and I'd have Dr. Strange suspect something.

I wouldn't come back. It would take an undoing of the One More Day/ Brand New Day B.S. to make me come back...and, at this point, I'd still be hesitant. "Fool me once", and all that.

Personally, I think watching a couple date, especially after they were just married not quite 8 months ago, is just plain stupid.

It is stupid. The only real way to have Peter and MJ dating but not married is to create a new universe. Which they did.

I'm adamant that MJ can't be in this book if they want to do what they want to do.

Maybe if they spent less time over the years gearing up stories and plotting out stories years in advance to undo things and reboot things and trying new attempts to get rid of MJ, they could focus on better storylines, pure and simple.

Instead all the effort is going into pumping up this reboot, making Mj look bad, and they started planning it years ago.

They could've had pure GOLD with all this if they hadn't been forced to go the route of Joe's agenda. Pure and simple folks.

Bring in solid creative teams with no walls forced around it. BND would be selling GREAT if it was the same spidey we all know and love instead of this guy with an alternate history and a devil created world full of clueless mindwiped people who don't care. Sheesh.

And who really wants to see a married couple undone by the devil in a perpetual loop of dating?? That's about the dumbest thing i've heard.

And it's sad and annoying that my favorite character has to be mentioned with the devil now constantly, i might add.

Arghy.

Although, i wasn't the one who wanted to reboot spidey, ala the devil route either. :whatever::csad:

So be it...Joe linked them. He's done his thing. Changed Spidey's history thru the devil. Yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"