A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

If Sonya Deville manages to flip Mandy Rose, I think she automatically gains the lesbian iron throne.

In other news, my wrestling sketch comedy troupe killed last night. Decent crowd size for subartic temperatures. Among the sketches we had were our four women wrestlers trying to recreate Sex and the City with fatal results, our monster heel mortgaging his house to buy an aggressive dancefit gym, the wrestlers being trained by a hot blonde yoga instructor who is also a sexual predator, and our vanilla babyface using a kayfabe powder-to-the-face blindness spot to convince people's he's actually blind and get sympathy.

Somehow I see the WWE blowing a huge opportunity to have all four WWE Horsewomen (Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bayley) draped in gold to end WrestleMania by inserting Charlotte into the Raw Women's Championship match.

It's gotta' be between her (I can't remember her name) and Naomi as to the most athletic Diva in the WWE right now. Skills.
Really? I mean I get they do the flexibility thing and fly around a bit, but they aren't super explosive or particularly strong. They don't seem able to work at pace, or mix it up like some of the others. I would think women like Ronda, Ember, Charlotte, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, and others would be consider superior athletes.

Also, who calls them Divas anymore? :funny:

If Sonya Deville manages to flip Mandy Rose, I think she automatically gains the lesbian iron throne.

In other news, my wrestling sketch comedy troupe killed last night. Decent crowd size for subartic temperatures. Among the sketches we had were our four women wrestlers trying to recreate Sex and the City with fatal results, our monster heel mortgaging his house to buy an aggressive dancefit gym, the wrestlers being trained by a hot blonde yoga instructor who is also a sexual predator, and our vanilla babyface using a kayfabe powder-to-the-face blindness spot to convince people's he's actually blind and get sympathy.
I think I speak for all of us when I say we'd love to see these skits!

I want to see these wrestling improv skits as well.

FYI, I recall Dolph Ziggler talking about doing improv shows with his brother and other comedians as well. Though I'm not sure they are necessarily wrestling-themed.

One of these days I have to see Ziggler do stand-up.

Really? I mean I get they do the flexibility thing and fly around a bit, but they aren't super explosive or particularly strong. They don't seem able to work at pace, or mix it up like some of the others. I would think women like Ronda, Ember, Charlotte, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, and others would be consider superior athletes.
I haven't seen much of Lacy, but I'd argue that Naomi is both of what you've said she isn't. I forgot about Ember, she's quite athletic too, though I can't quite speak for the others in that regard.

The likes of Charlotte and Ronda may be flexible, but they're more brutes in the womens division, and I'm not remotely entertained by either of them.

Also, who calls them Divas anymore?
I grew up with them being referred too as such, and so it stuck.

Just seen Daniel Bryan's new belt.

My Reaction:

I would be very happy to see Charlotte NOT contending for a championship at Wrestlemania.
I would very much like it if the two champions leaving Wrestlemania were Becky Lynch and Asuka. I think Becky's win is all but guaranteed, however I fear for Asuka.

I would very much like it if the two champions leaving Wrestlemania were Becky Lynch and Asuka. I think Becky's win is all but guaranteed, however I fear for Asuka.

It depends on who faces Asuka.

I haven't seen much of Lacy, but I'd argue that Naomi is both of what you've said she isn't. I forgot about Ember, she's quite athletic too, though I can't quite speak for the others in that regard.

The likes of Charlotte and Ronda may be flexible, but they're more brutes in the womens division, and I'm not remotely entertained by either of them.
See, you aren't describing the wrestlers. You are describing how they sold, and boiling athleticism down to generic wrestling theory that jumping around equals athleticism. Brock Lesnar is by far the best athlete on the men's side, without flying around.

there isn't a better female athlete in the WWE then Ronda. She is a legit, Olympic level grappler. She was also the UFC world champion. Charlotte can do pretty much everything, while being a good bit bigger then most of the women.

I grew up with them being referred too as such, and so it stuck.
It isn't what they are though. The Diva term was used to specifically separate the women from the "actual" performers. It is why they got rid of it. It was a crappy name, with a crappy purpose.

Last edited:
See, you aren't describing the wrestlers. You are describing how they sold, and boiling athleticism down to generic wrestling theory that jumping around equals athleticism. Brock Lesnar is by far the best athlete on the men's side, without flying around.

there isn't a better female athlete in the WWE then Ronda. She is a legit, Olympic level grappler. She was also the UFC world champion. Charlotte can do pretty much everything, while being a good bit bigger then most of the women.
That's all relative I suppose, be it the way they're sold or not. I don't find Charlotte, Rhonda or Lesnar entertaining.I'd rather watch a high flyer than a grabbler. That's personal choice. Doesn't mean your position is any more right than mine though, if you were implying such.

It isn't what they are though. The Diva term was used to specifically separate the women from the "actual" performers. It is why they got rid of it. It was a crappy name, with a crappy purpose.
That may very well be the case, but that doesn't change the reason why I used the term.

So there are rumors that Rousey is less than happy with the fans turning on her in the recent shows.
Thats a problem...for the wwe mostly.

If rousey still hasnt learned to deal with criticism and stuff, then its possible that she walks away from the WWE and they dont get their four horsewoman feud.
Considering how she messed up the Promo on Raw, i fear that she hasnt learned to deal with negativitiy towards her.

It would surprise me if nobody warned her before, it was a expected outcome when you put her against Becky.
Nobody, nobody will take the face role when it goes against Becky...it is suicide even trying.

It would be a shame if that takes away her fun, she should embrace the badass heel and the boos of the fans for now.
Drink it in and use it...if you do a good job then the fans will reward you.
If you however buckle under it, the fans will rip you apart...the Wrestling fans take off the gloves when they see you struggle.

So there are rumors that Rousey is less than happy with the fans turning on her in the recent shows.

If rousey still hasnt learned to deal with criticism and stuff, then its possible that she walks away from the WWE and they dont get their four horsewoman feud.
Considering how she messed up the Promo on Raw, i fear that she hasnt learned to deal with negativitiy towards her.

It would surprise me if nobody warned her before, it was a expected outcome when you put her against Becky.
Nobody, nobody will take the face role when it goes against Becky...it is suicide even trying.

It would be a shame if that takes away her fun, she should embrace the badass heel and the boos of the fans for now.
If you however buckle under it, the fans will rip you apart...the Wrestling fans take off the gloves when they see you struggle.

On the other hand, Daniel Bryan has embraced the boos.

On the other hand, Daniel Bryan has embraced the boos.

The difference is, not only did Daniel Bryan turn heel but he asked to turn heel, he knew the boo's would come. Ronda is straight babyfacing it up out there, shaking her opponents hands after matches and showing tearful remorse for having to beat them, she not only didn't expect to get boo'ed, she technically shouldn't be getting boo'ed, but she's going up against the most popular babyface since Bryan's Yes Movement started.

And it's not just Becky that's getting her boo'ed, she was getting some boo's during her Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley matches too. The fans have decided that her quick rise to dominance is hindering their homegrown WWE stars, it's a bit of a backlash because she's only a Rookie wiping the floor with the stars they've been cheering for for years now.

And it's not going to stop, that's why I think WWE should just run with it. Whenever Shayna, Duke and Shafir come up to main roster they should turn her heel, they are already heels in NXT and then they can be the Heel Horsewomen against the babyface WWE Horsewomen. Or just turn her heel when/if she loses to Becky at Mania. The storyline writes itself, it's the WWE girls Vs. the Outsider Heel MMA girls.

Raw will have a segment with Stephanie McMahon and Becky Lynch...what are they trying to pull here?
Do they really want to play the good old "Stephanie burys other talents" route?
Seems highly likely considering nobody can touch Becky at the moment.
But if thats the case then they are in for suicide because i dont think Becky will go easy on Stephanie even if she tries.

Either way im quite curious about that segment...i would love it so much if Becky would rip Stephanie completely apart, would gain "The Man" even more momentum.

Ronda i
Raw will have a segment with Stephanie McMahon and Becky Lynch...what are they trying to pull here?
Do they really want to play the good old "Stephanie burys other talents" route?
Seems highly likely considering nobody can touch Becky at the moment.
But if thats the case then they are in for suicide because i dont think Becky will go easy on Stephanie even if she tries.

Either way im quite curious about that segment...i would love it so much if Becky would rip Stephanie completely apart, would gain "The Man" even more momentum.

I have a feeling that WWE is going to try to recreate Austin/McMahon with this. That whole, "If Stone Cold Steven Austin wins, it would be a marketing and PR disaster" kind of thing. At least that's what I'm hoping.

And it's not just Becky that's getting her boo'ed, she was getting some boo's during her Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley matches too. The fans have decided that her quick rise to dominance is hindering their homegrown WWE stars, it's a bit of a backlash because she's only a Rookie wiping the floor with the stars they've been cheering for for years now.
Those dirt sheet reports saying she is leaving after Mania aren't helping matters either. We all know how WWE fans react when they think people are on the way out.

I hope Ronda is a big enough fan of the business to know when to lean into her heat, rather than fight against it. An alliance with Steph as the catered-to corporate champion is a no-brainer money draw.

I hope Ronda is a big enough fan of the business to know when to lean into her heat, rather than fight against it. An alliance with Steph as the catered-to corporate champion is a no-brainer money draw.

I don't think that's a money-draw at all anymore, it's been done to death. If you look at the Twitter responses to Stephanie "inviting Becky to Raw" tonight, almost all the responses are that people don't want Steph butting her nose in this storyline. I know I have zero interest in seeing Stephanie, ever. I do think Ronda should turn heel soon but keep the McMahon's out of it, people are sick of them.

I don't think that's a money-draw at all anymore, it's been done to death. If you look at the Twitter responses to Stephanie "inviting Becky to Raw" tonight, almost all the responses are that people don't want Steph butting her nose in this storyline. I know I have zero interest in seeing Stephanie, ever. I do think Ronda should turn heel soon but keep the McMahon's out of it, people are sick of them.

I don't mind seeing Triple H on WWE TV as long as NXT Takeovers are still great. He gets a pass from me because of that.

Rousey is incredibly fragile mentally.

When Holly Holm exposed her complete and total lack of boxing or stand up fighting ability in general, her life spiraled out of control and she contemplated suicide.

Rather than hiring a boxing coach, she refused to be "wrong" and kept the same yes-men that sent her into an MMA fight with a former world champion boxer without teaching her a basic jab.

Then Amanda Nunes did the same thing as Holm, boxed her face off. And Rousey quit MMA altogether this time.

Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart and Jimmy Hart to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame as The Hart Foundation

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"