The Dark Knight WTF happen to the huge October News???!!!

NOFX

Superhero
Reaction score
I guess it was all ****ing BS huh:rolleyes: BOF sux now!!!

The Joker stolen the secret files…

seriously . . . I thought something would be released today . . . guess that's not the case . . .

I knew we weren't gonna get anything

I thought it wasn't October news but September news.... and all that was was a warning of an upcoming "Rumor".... I wasn't reading on Batman when begins was in production... so all this waiting is new to me...

BOF is far from an exact science, I'm actually pretty sure that Jett just posts whatever he feels like, whether or not he gets an early tip from one of his alleged sources. He also probably knew that if he said that the announcement for the casting of Harvey Dent was 'imminent', he'd probably get a frenzy of hits for the month, so that probably didn't discourage him. Even if it wasn't announced early on, the readers would still come back to see what's up with the lack of news.

BOF was a fun and good site before Batman Begins, it was a standard SHHesque site during Batman Begins, but in the post-Batman Begins environment, I think that Jett may be trying a bit too hard to be as important to the fandom as people were telling him while the last film was being made.

Threshold - "I think that Jett may be trying a bit too hard to be as important "
This is how I have felt about BOF for a while now.

DV8 said:
seriously . . . I thought something would be released today . . . guess that's not the case . . .
I waited until the very last day until I posted this thread!!!

While I was annoyed before I must admit I'm a little angry. Either he's lost all of his once reliable sources or he's just putting out garbage to keep the hits coming, I'm pretty sure his self-promotion has gone on long enough. First he said news coming by the end of August/beginning of September, then he said there would be news by the end of September/beginning of October, now October has come and gone and there's nothing. I thought I would never say this...but Jett is full of it. He's turning into a bargain basement Harry Knowles.

If Jett says theres Big news on November, Im going to say "BOB KANE COULD HAVE PREIDICTED AND HE'S ****ING DEAD!!!"

Oh and someone needs to get onto Latino Review for their BS, as well. What they tried to pull back in July was outright dishonesty.

$G-mOnEy$ said:
While I was annoyed before I must admit I'm a little angry. Either he's lost all of his once reliable sources or he's just putting out garbage to keep the hits coming, I'm pretty sure his self-promotion has gone on long enough. First he said news coming by the end of August/beginning of September, then he said there would be news by the end of September/beginning of October, now October has come and gone and there's nothing. I thought I would never say this...but Jett is full of it. He's turning into a bargain basement Harry Knowles.

i hate to say it, but i agree. Nice guy though (jett). But THINK ABOUT IT- WB was more interested in fan sites the first time around with begins- they NEEDED the fan buzz because of the bad taste of B&R. Now, they don't need every and all options to stir the base because the base is already frothing at the mouth due to the success of begins.

so it makes sense that the WB promotion/marketing machine will work through the more typical avenues of internet/news, and they can afford to keep a tighter lid on things this time because the success of the dark knight is not riding on pre-film buzz.

and that is partially why BOF has become obsolete. it only makes it more glaringly obvious that Jett defaults to phony announcements and rumors about rumors.

Hey, BOF can report what his sources give him. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

In defense of BOF, it looks like WB has put the big clamp down of Batman news, so its not much that anyone can report until they want it out there.

NOFX said:
I waited until the very last day until I posted this thread!!!

LOL! I know you did . . . and don't think your patience has gone unnoticed ;)

Well, although I was eexpecting casting news, I guess that will have to wait. We'll know more soon I'm sure...

CAH

I really think November will be the BIG MONTH! :cwink:

I'm thinking January.

I'm putting my money on June 2008. Can't get anymore solid than that. :up:

I don't see how Jett is personally to blame here. All he did was report what numerous sources told him - the fact it did not pan out is pretty much their fault, not his.

Anyway, I'd say November is a solid bet - that's when Michael Caine was announced. :)

Patience is a virtue.

I think BOF is not the problem, WB is really cutting down the news for The Dark Knight it seems. I think there is a good chance that big news HAS happened - it just hasn't been released yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"