The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all of those wanting a Robin:
I love Robin, but didn't Nolan say he thought Robin was too campy to fit into this particular franchise at one point? While Robin is a great character, he was initially introduced to the series as a draw in for younger fans. This franchise is aimed at a mature audience. I can understand why they aren't doing it.

I really hope this remains the last film. As much as I love this universe of Batman, the law of diminishing returns as well as film history shows that eventually if the series were continued it would slowly devolve, and the universe created would slowly seem less and less engaging and groundbreaking as we become desensitized to it. And this is assuming that the next batch of movies is on par to the current two. Also, less people would go see each consecutive movie as interest is lost, giving them less and less budget to spend on further films.

I do hope I don't have to wait too long before the next Batman movies or series is created (I would love to see a modern TV series for Batman), but as far as these movies go I think and hope we end with a bang on this upcoming film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"