Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016!

I Wonder if this means horseman blowing things up (disaster movie imagery), but even more then days of future past? Am curious now :/

Last edited:
It will be Intresting to see what from Age of Apocalypse will be used for Apocalypse because for right now I don't see how they do it.

Reminder-In AoA the horseman are willing servents of Apocalypse

The film could already have characters already as members of X-Men if it's based on AoA. If Cyclops,Jean,and storm as younger characters are all In APocalypse they may already be X-Men when film opens.

Last edited:
So another 200+ million dollar budget. :D

I had wondered if DOFP might realign the franchise sort of in a reboot way a la Star trek 09. Creating a new timeline and Wolverine would just stay in the seventies after stopping that war only to face the apocalypse in the eighties.

I had wondered if DOFP might realign the franchise sort of in a reboot way a la Star trek 09. Creating a new timeline and Wolverine would just stay in the seventies after stopping that war only to face the apocalypse in the eighties.

The reboot of Star Trek is not even the similar to what X-Men is doing. Even if the X-Men is now under a new timeline after DOFP. The previously released X-Men movies is still connected to DOFP, Apocalypse and to the future X-Men movies.

:huh: The previously released Star Trek movies are still connected to Star Trek (2009), Star Trek Into Darkness, and their sequels.

The events of the original Star Trek cast/Star Trek Generations didn't really lead to the reboot. Of course connections were made in ST09 and STID, but still, viewers doesn't have to watch the first ten Star Trek films to really get the big picture. So its not the same with the X-Men.

The events of the original Star Trek cast/Star Trek Generations didn't really lead to the reboot. Of course connections were made in ST09 and STID, but still, viewers doesn't have to watch the first ten Star Trek films to really get the big picture. So its not the same with the X-Men.

For diehard trekkers the new films save for leonard nimoy's appearces are laregly In name only to past Star Trek.

With regards to X-Men let's have that discussion after seeing Days of future past.

It's not the same because Star Trek 09 was mostly a reboot. Nimoy was there to appease fans. DOFP is literally two movies, it's part FC film, part OT film. It's different from Star Trek big time.

Here's what people need to understand - and largely don't seem to, for some strange reason given how straightforward and self-explanatory the whole thing is - about the new Star Trek films: they are effectively an 'AU' that was created by catastrophic events in the universe that spawned TOS and its movies, TNG and its movies, DS9, VOY, and ENT and really do not in any way constitute a relevant example with regards to what may or may not be happening with the X-Men franchise going forward insofar as timelines and chronology are concerned.

The closest analogue I can think of for what appears to be happening with the X-Men franchise is Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda franchise and its multi-tiered chronology as outlined in the Hyrule Historia reference book.

Here's what people need to understand - and largely don't seem to, for some strange reason given how straightforward and self-explanatory the whole thing is - about the new Star Trek films: they are effectively an 'AU' that was created by catastrophic events in the universe that spawned TOS and its movies, TNG and its movies, DS9, VOY, and ENT and really do not in any way constitute a relevant example with regards to what may or may not be happening with the X-Men franchise going forward insofar as timelines and chronology are concerned.

The closest analogue I can think of for what appears to be happening with the X-Men franchise is Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda franchise and its multi-tiered chronology as outlined in the Hyrule Historia reference book.
I agree. Best to think nutrek Is total alternate universe that an older Spock and the villains of trek 2009 went to through rift and Impacted this alternate trek universe.

Singer and Kinberg speak on X-Men: Apocalypse

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/11/x-men-apocalypse-new-details/

“[The movie] won’t necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I’m playing with,” admits Singer. Adds Kinberg, “From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than Days of Future Past because there’ll be disaster movie imagery, like the title would imply.”

:huh:What?

Days of Future Past will provide clues to the storyline of Apocalypse. Says Singer, “You won’t feel at the end of the movie that it set up Apocalypse. What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we’ll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen.”

Last edited:
Best guess: Horsemen from the future, played by OT cast.

If Singer is talking about characters from one time going to another time when he says "swapping things", then it should go both ways (characters from the future would go to the past and charcters from the past would go to the future).

If Logan make changes, there won't be Sentinels in future, Angel will be alive.
Bring on Ben Foster for horseman.

If Logan make changes, there won't be Sentinels in future, Angel will be alive.
Bring on Ben Foster for horseman.

Yeah but there may not be any time travel In Apocalypse.

If hugh Jackman doesn't return there might not be any OT actors In Apocalypse.

Ok full disclosure I've never cared for Apocalypse. However I've never understood nor read the original comics he was in and I've been wrong before so I'm curious what do I need to read to catch up on the character? Which comics?

^Age Of Apocalypse is your best bet, plus he was awesome whenever he was in the 90's cartoon series, my favourite villain in that easily.

Ok sounds good would that be reprinted in a Marvel Essential or a TPB of its own?

Hopefully GAMBIT gets to be in this film!
My choice for Gambit though - Gaspard Ulliel, his a young French actor.

gaspard-ulliel-is-gambit-hopefully-this-does

I know a lot of people talking about a Mystique spinoff, but I would rather much see a MARAUDERS film, with GAMBIT, SABRETOOTH and MYSTIQUE and introducing MISTER SINISTER

This makes more sense to me, because essentially you get to see Gambit chose to become hero instead of remaining a villain, and further develop Sabretooth and Mystique. Plus you can introduce 2/3 other mutants to make up the team as bit players, and set up MISTER SINISTER as true villain that could return in future X-Men films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"