Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping they will bring back Emma Frost, albeit a younger version, who like in the comics, will create a Jean Grey + Cyclops + Emma Frost love triangle. And that jealousy becomes the trigger for Dark Phoenix to manifest itself.

Because the first attempt at this story, X-Men 3, was awful, and at least a love triangle is a common trope and would be pretty funny too.

I dunno if i believe that they released the Domino image just to get all of the criticism out of the way early.

That's not what the poster said. The poster said they released an official photo so our First Look at the cinematic character is a correctly-lit, professionally-taken Domino image as opposed to a paparazzi-shot, bad-angled image.

It makes sense.

Suki Waterhouse is in Montreal :ilv:
So, who is playing Dazzler: Halston or Suki?

200.gif

Also, Joe Jonas is in Montreal too, lol.

Could it be that both are testing for the role? Like the very last audition? Or maybe both are in the movie? One is Dazzler and the other a Shi'ar member. After all Halston is playing an alien on the new Fox sci-fi comedy

I'm just hoping they will bring back Emma Frost, albeit a younger version, who like in the comics, will create a Jean Grey + Cyclops + Emma Frost love triangle. And that jealousy becomes the trigger for Dark Phoenix to manifest itself.

Because the first attempt at this story, X-Men 3, was awful, and at least a love triangle is a common trope and would be pretty funny too.

I hope not.i hate everything about cyclops/emma in comics.

Making Emma Frost younger would make no sense since she was in First Class and that movie is still part of the new timeline.

I hope not.i hate everything about cyclops/emma in comics.

Hopefully, the movie focuses on Jean and her struggle this time, rather than using it to propel a guy.

Really, since they kinda took care of it the first time around, I would love for them to forego the shipping angle of it altogether and pay more attention to her relationship with each of the X-Men.

I feel like they definitely need to define how all these characters relate to Jean and how she feels about them in return before getting to the Dark Phoenix part anyway.

If they retcon the previous Emma and bring her edcucated version to the screen I'd be cool with it.

Suki Waterhouse is in Montreal :ilv:

Well, there are 2 other new female roles in the film.

My bet is Suki as Dazzler cause she actually sings, and Halston is one of the others.

Halston sings too, havent you guys seen her How to Rock clips on youtube? They are..... well, take a look for yourself :woot:

After those videos, I need Suki as Dazzler even more than before, but something tells me it will be Halston

It's already been confirmed Dazzler is a cameo.. for all we know it'll be cut too just like Jubilee scenes lmao..

I wouldn't mind, actually. It would be karma and sweet revenge for how she kept effing with cyclops emotions in the original trilogy.

Honestly, I just want to see a Cyclops and Jean Grey romance done right where there isn't a third wheel in the mix. I hated how Wolverine always got in the way of that in the OT. Now that they don't have to worry about Logan showing up in this film, they finally have a chance to not only show the romance between right but to display on how It's Jean's connection with Scott that will help anchor her humanity in.

I also hope to see Cyclops become the true field leader of the group.

And they should really just give Magneto white hair already.

Lets hope he displays the same amount of detail and care with this movie

Now that they don't have to worry about Logan showing up in this film, they finally have a chance to not only show the romance between right but to display on how It's Jean's connection with Scott that will help anchor her humanity in.
cyclops08.jpg

Also, hope they have a psychic connection!

Some nice looking ink there. Even though it says fresh ink, is that actually Kinberg's arm or could he be taking a picture of someone else's? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"