Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite complex
maybe people who went to see the test screning asked for more action in the 3 act of the movie.
but these test screning are dangerous just by not knowing if this will please everyone, or just those who attended the session.

Are you believing in a little-known twitter user rumor?
a little strange, for those who always doubt the compliments that comes from well-known journalist.
:yay::yay:

sometimes I believe more internet reporters/editors and people with a source, than Kinberg and his quotes about how the movies will be, and the development of this or that x-man. He fooled me once, maybe twice, but not anymore.

:cwink:

thats 2 months of reshoots, half a normal production. this is bigger than 'just fixing some scenes' lol.

of course, some users will now say that this is just the usual, and Fox is doing the right thing, blah blah blah :yay:

And how do you know the 8 weeks isn't to accommodate all the actors schedules? lol :whatever:

I'm seeing a pattern here, anything negative is probably true but anything remotely positive is just Hollywood talk. Lol

The film’s writer/director hasn’t earned people’s trust. So naturally, any positive word about his work is received with with skepticism. We’ve been thru Kinberg’s pre release hype before.

Good for you if he has earned yours.

J-Law is crap in these films. She's never been convincing as Raven/Mystique.

I'm sure the studio believes it was so lucky to get her. But she's never had acting lessons and is just a Weinstein girl elevated beyond her talent. She's also a very typical millennial - self-absorbed, self-entitled, ungrateful, apathetic.

I'm bored by now of Xavier and Magneto as well but I doubt anyone thinks McAvoy and Fassbender are sleepwalking through the roles, they are giving it all they've got.

But that Halle Berry, am I right? She’s just the bees knees!

Agreed that Rebecca's Mystique worked much better visually as a "cold-blooded" Mystique.

I liked the voice they gave the original Mystique. I thought it made sense to have her sound like that in her original form since she could sound like anyone.

Agreed on both of these.

Halle Berry being a bad Storm has absolutely nothing to do with JLaw being a horrible Mystique. Zero.

The film’s writer/director hasn’t earned people’s trust. So naturally, any positive word about his work is received with with skepticism. We’ve been thru Kinberg’s pre release hype before.

Good for you if he has earned yours.

I just like to judge things after actually seeing it for myself, no matter what the circumstances (good or bad) leading up to the release.

I just like to judge things after actually seeing it for myself, no matter what the circumstances (good or bad) leading up to the release.

That’s admirable.

So if one were to peruse your posts on this board one would find that you’re neither excited nor hesitant to watch Dark Phoenix? Since you haven’t judged the movie?

If a forum member got excited from a positive rumour on twitter, did you tell them they shouldn’t so readily believe said rumour? Since you so quickly jumped on someone who believed a negative-leaning rumour.

Also what were your opinions on the likes of X3, Apocalypse, Fant4stic after their release?

Last edited:
Halle Berry being a bad Storm has absolutely nothing to do with JLaw being a horrible Mystique. Zero.

And you have absolutely nothing to do with my exchange with a completely different person. Zero.

:loco:

This is a discussion forum. There are DM to keep conversations private.

JLaw can very well be criticized without bringing other actress to compare. She sucks in XMA and no Berry or Olsen can change that.

Why are they bothering with all these reshoots? Just release it in November and be done with it.

You think he is purposely doing this because he just can't admit his faults? As excited as I am, I'm little bothered by the push back.

JLaw can very well be criticized without bringing other actress to compare. She sucks in XMA and no Berry or Olsen can change that.

Whoa, thank you for opening my eyes! It’s not like I was a moderator on this very forum for the better part of a decade! :wow:

But, yeah, you’re right... well, the second part, anyway. I just think it’s important to acknowledge all of the piss poor depictions of various characters. And there are plenty in the FOX-Men. It’s impossible for me to hate on one and adore the other, ‘know what I’m saying?

I hope Storm, Mystique and Cyclops are all done a little justice in Dark Phoenix, but I think the latter’s the only one with a chance. And even then, I don’t think it’s a very good one. :o

I Love Halle Berry as Storm,she loves the character! Jen Law don’t!

I Love Halle Berry as Storm,she loves the character! Jen Law don’t!

It wasn't always like that though. But yea you're right. You can tell Halle was grateful Singer brought her back for DOFP, after a career that unfortunately hasn't really been all that since her Oscar win.

Anyways, why was Halle brought up again? She has ZERO to do with this movie.

But then no one can see people's snide remarks in DM :oldrazz:

I just think it’s important to acknowledge all of the piss poor depictions of various characters. And there are plenty in the FOX-Men. It’s impossible for me to hate on one and adore the other, ‘know what I’m saying?
Except no one is doing that. When has X-Maniac raved about the portrayal of Storm in this franchise? Not to my knowledge. You made that snide Berry comment as if his avatar meant he had different standards for her compared to JLaw.

I'll be frank: Berry's not much of a Storm from the comics (the cartoons portrayed her better), and neither is JLaw. But I at least welcome the presence of Storm as a quintessential member of the X-Men; when you put Mystique as an X-Men however... and a leader on top of that, over Cyclops and Storm on top of that, it crosses into annoying territory.

You made that snide Berry comment as if his avatar meant he had different standards for her compared to JLaw.

Easy Miss Cleo, I don’t remember saying anything about any avatar.

But I don’t really care for Lawrence’s Mystique. I think it worked in FC and DoFP, but it all went downhill from there on her and the writers’ parts. Hopefully she gets outted as Kurt’s mother and experiences a quick death. The prequel trio is played out and they really need to focus on the youngin’s.

That’s admirable.

So if one were to peruse your posts on this board one would find that you’re neither excited nor hesitant to watch Dark Phoenix? Since you haven’t judged the movie?

If a forum member got excited from a positive rumour on twitter, did you tell them they shouldn’t so readily believe said rumour? Since you so quickly jumped on someone who believed a negative-leaning rumour.

Also what were your opinions on the likes of X3, Apocalypse, Fant4stic after their release?

Where did I "jump" on anyone? Simply asked a question.

I've always said I was cautiously optimistic and questioned info that could be considered as something positive. Peruse away. Lol

I liked some of what I've heard about filming, space mission, central park scene for example. I disliked some things as well, Skrulls, arrogant Xavier. But at the end of the day I'd like to see how it all comes together to judge whether or not I'll enjoy it.

Didn't like X3, liked some things in Apocalypse but disliked most. Never cared for FF so that was neither here or there for me. Not sure what my opinions of those movies have to do with anything though. Yes, I know Kinberg's reputation precedes him but I'd still rather hold judgement until I actually see the finished product. That's just me though.

Last edited:
Why are they bothering with all these reshoots? Just release it in November and be done with it.

Kinberg must have liked the story when he wrote it.

Kinberg must have liked the story when he directed it.

Presumably, no one else shouted out any concerns during the production and post-production process.

Everyone that saw early screenings (Fox employees and their families) must have liked the movie, the word was that it was 'good'.

And now, suddenly, after a test screening for the public, they are spending another $10 million?

Maybe at the request of Marvel or Fox or whatever that has to do with the acquisition deal Skrulls have to be changed because of Captain Marvel? It could be anything really, Skrull Queen was underwhelming? Changed to Miss Sinister? New ending to keep it open for future movies?

sometimes I believe more internet reporters/editors and people with a source, than Kinberg and his quotes about how the movies will be, and the development of this or that x-man. He fooled me once, maybe twice, but not anymore.

:cwink:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice you better run!

At this point, it is just not smart to believe anything Kinberg has to say. He had nothing but good words regarding Fantastic Four and Apocalypse. I'm not even counting X3 here, but he already let us down twice since 2015.

It wasn't always like that though. But yea you're right. You can tell Halle was grateful Singer brought her back for DOFP, after a career that unfortunately hasn't really been all that since her Oscar win.

Anyways, why was Halle brought up again? She has ZERO to do with this movie.

Maybe because X-Maniac has a Halle Berry avatar and the other one thought it was necessary to criticize Halle's Storm just to defend J-Law, even if Halle Berry isn't being hired for any future Fox-Men movies. You know if you don't like something I like, I'll criticize something you like just cause...

Kinberg must have liked the story when he wrote it.

Kinberg must have liked the story when he directed it.

Presumably, no one else shouted out any concerns during the production and post-production process.

Everyone that saw early screenings (Fox employees and their families) must have liked the movie, the word was that it was 'good'.

And now, suddenly, after a test screening for the public, they are spending another $10 million?

Fox is obviously not confident with the product and afraid that they might have another stinker in their hands. Especially with the Fox-Disney merger deal possibly being finalized neXt year. It's not great to have these stinkers because they might lose their job especially if Disney decided to let go of some people. So I really these delays have something to do with the Fox employees saving their skin so they could still keep their job in the new Fox.

No idea who that twitter user is but that's why you need to take anything from twitter with a grain of salt.

Whether it be good or bad.

8 weeks of reshoots is a lot. If its true, that can't be just for the final act. Could be for the entire film.

No. She was good in XMA. you cannot change that
I think even JLaw would disagree with you there. She doesn't seem to think highly of her work in this franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"