Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

The trailer that they showed in that closed event it was for the movie before the reshoots that are still yet to be made. It was more like a test audience thing more than anything else.

Yeah but based on when reshoots are supposed to be starting they have no choice but to release a trailer with footage they already have. They only think they could improve would be with VFX.

Aren't these reshoots cutting it kinda close though? Shouldn't the movie be pushed back to at least April or something?

yeah, but Kinberg is still struggling thinking about what and how to redo those scenes, so he will need all the extra time possible to "improve" this film :funny:

He should probably have it written by now. I wonder what was wrong with what he did originally?

he still doesnt know that yet :funny:

fox just called 5 other writers to help him, likely. But these writers room can be crazy, lol, so he still needs more time. He's probably thinking what other new scenes to give to Magneto to add more drama and what more inspirational words he can write for Raven.

The actress who plays Jean in this movie said while back that she doesn't have a clue what the reshoot reason was all about.

I feel like this cancellation rumor might be true.

If they asked Edgar Wright to help Kinberg out, then that's probably the reason for the delay. :o

If they wanted to delay the movie for Kinberg, then the best way is to let Wright take a crack at it. He'll be waiting until 2029.

Are you joking about the writer room?

obviously. but maybe its not a bad idea after all. Kinberg alone.... we all know he's not the best writer in the industry, neither the biggest fan of the actual x-men.

No one knows the extent of these reshoots.
is what is really being changed in the movie, what is known only and what the reshoots seem will be 2 to 3 weeks.
if the rumors are sure to be corrections in Act 3
probably should be improvements in the final battle.

The actress who plays Jean in this movie said while back that she doesn't have a clue what the reshoot reason was all about.

Hmmmm so I assume she thinks the movie is fine as is.

Originally Posted by TheNewSlayer
I have been reading many comments here since this started. You seem to be in a deep denial.

The trailer that they showed in that closed event it was for the movie before the reshoots that are still yet to be made. It was more like a test audience thing more than anything else.

If they don't show a trailer in NYCC then its over. No movie in February of 2019.
I deny faulty claims, yes. You seem to be confused on a matter of fronts. 1st, CineEurope is a long running trade show and convention since the 90s for cinema industry exhibitors. ALL the major studios were there alongside Fox, including Disney, to showcase footage, presentations, and trailers of upcoming films not shown to the audience. 2nd, reshoots for Dark Phoenix were planned LONG before CineEurope way back in March. Contrary to popular rumors, there's no indication these reshoots are as extensive as claimed. They're not expensive reshoots compared to normal reshoot costs, and they don't seem to have a long shooting schedule which major reshoots often require. 3rd, I don't believe Fox has ever release a trailer less than 5 months away from a film's release date on any of the x-men properties.

Last edited:
whatever it is, apparently simon is not worried
every week he posts videos on the instagram stories at some jay-z show. :woot:

I deny faulty claims, yes. You seem to be confused on a matter of fronts. 1st, CineEurope is a long running trade show and convention since the 90s for cinema industry exhibitors. ALL the major studios were there alongside Fox, including Disney, to showcase footage, presentations, and trailers of upcoming films not shown to the audience. 2nd, reshoots for Dark Phoenix were planned LONG before CineEurope way back in March. Contrary to popular rumors, there's no indication these reshoots are as extensive as claimed. There not expensive reshoots compared to normal reshoot costs, and they don't seem to have a long shooting schedule which major reshoots often require. 3rd, I don't believe Fox has ever release a trailer less than 5 months away from a film's release date on any of the x-men properties.

they also showed the trailer at an event in colombia

you gotta read between the lines.

he's just having too much free time, which means someone else is doing his job
:sly:

he probably has 1 or 2 assistants by now.

Let me roll my eyes at those who honestly believe a blockbuster of this magnitude isn’t getting released.

Studios release big budget turds all the time. Why would they stop now? Especially knowing that even turd CBM can make some of the money back.

Note: I’m not saying that Dark Phoenix is bad but what I am saying is that even if it’s a big giant mess, it’s a movie that’s already been shot. So why wouldn’t it get released knowing full well that studios release big budget messes several times a year?

Actors don't generally know what reshoots will be until they arrive to prep and start shooting. Do you think the actors for Avengers 4 were told in advance what their reshoots are? Particularly when many of the actors didn't know what would happen regarding their roles in Infinity War because they weren't given a full script?

That Sophie Turner quote about not knowing what they’re reshooting goes both ways you know? Like you mentioned most actors don’t know the full goings-on in a movie, none of the actors have probably watched any cut of the movie (heck most actors don’t even watch their movies after it’s been released).

The movie could be a complete mess. The third act could use some fairly major reshoots. And Sophie Turner would not know it today.

didnt Sophie learn she was choosen to play Jean just from twitter like all of us?

well, that should tell you something about how this studio works lol

Aren't these reshoots cutting it kinda close though? Shouldn't the movie be pushed back to at least April or something?

No. The reshoots are happening in August, right? That leaves 5-6 months to fix up the scenes for the final cut.

I deny faulty claims, yes. You seem to be confused on a matter of fronts. 1st, CineEurope is a long running trade show and convention since the 90s for cinema industry exhibitors. ALL the major studios were there alongside Fox, including Disney, to showcase footage, presentations, and trailers of upcoming films not shown to the audience. 2nd, reshoots for Dark Phoenix were planned LONG before CineEurope way back in March. Contrary to popular rumors, there's no indication these reshoots are as extensive as claimed. They're not expensive reshoots compared to normal reshoot costs, and they don't seem to have a long shooting schedule which major reshoots often require. 3rd, I don't believe Fox has ever release a trailer less than 5 months away from a film's release date on any of the x-men properties.

my question is... why absolutely no promotional material at SDCC at all.. even films that don't have panels have advertisements and handouts at SDCC for some form of hype. not even a shoddy poster handout at the FOX booth. clearly they would have had promotional material (banners, signs posters, etc at Cine Europe)

didnt Sophie learn she was choosen to play Jean just from twitter like all of us?

well, that should tell you something about how this studio works lol

Is that what she claims? Hard to believe since casting can’t be official until contracts and paperwork have been signed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"