X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Jul 26, 2018.

1. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

i could also see A vs X be based on Wanda rather than The Phoenix force

2. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

That's unnecessary rude. He is from Montreal, he was just pointing out the production is happening there now, not that he was some insider.

3. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

lol sorry you think the truth is rude. I'm just stating the fact that that guys word means nothing. and actually isn't proof of anything. it's not a substantial form of evidence

4. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

But that random poster here (who keeps changing his story) is reliable news? This is just opionated nonsense. We'll see.

5. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

it's not just a "Random poster in the hype forums" theres alot more to this theory. all info i've heard has mostly been outside of these forums because i'm not on here that often anymore

6. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Guy could very well have simply just walked by the studio and seen filming "Teen Spirit" signs or talked to PA people working the set. I'm not familiar with how Montreal film industry works but in Vancouver, finding out what movie is filming where/when is as simple as checking out industry websites, following twitter pages that post filming info or even googling "Caribbean Blue" in the case of Deadpool 2.

The question is, rightly, is he telling the truth. If not, why would he be lying? That would just be sad.

psylockolussus likes this.
  7. xrs13 Cold as ice

The film being pulled from the slate was debunked by fox itself because it was never on it as it had no website wasn’t it? And even if this guy is only a cleaner. If they’re doing reshoots it hasn’t been canned

8. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

and he could also just be mistaken. he said they're currently happening, however we already know they're not. could they be prepping? sure.

but they're definitely not currently happening

9. lofoa82 Registered

At heart, Feige is a millionaire 7 year old kid running wild in Toys R' Us.

He would rather have DP canceled so he gets the chance to play with the Dark Phoenix Saga.

This is a pride thing. Disney is willing to do anything that serves their Cinematic Universe. I mean, buying FOX? Seriously?

It would be a shot at Feige's heart if they don't do the Phoenix Saga on their own way.

BTW, just FYI, I love Kevin and all that he has done.

10. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

well while this analogy is correct... they're not buying FOX for the soul purpose to acquire X-men and the Fantastic Four.

11. The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

This. Movie. Will. Be. Released. In. Theaters.

12. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

The question is how well will it do at the BO?

13. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

You don't know for sure

14. Drexelhand Registered

Correct, they were buying FOX to get Sky, which they probably won't get now.

15. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

no... they were buying FOX to get a studio they can profit off R rated films from without the Disney name attached just like they did with Miramax and like they created the Touchstone pictures label for... + the addition of a much bigger steaming service imprint and library.

16. SumT Registered

even people at Fox doesnt know. And this is serious talk, Fox crew is really confused in this period, they are "kind of" working, but everything is up in the air and productions are going really slow lately.

But these reporters on twitter try to act that everything is well and cool, but its not that simple, and the situation is harder than they make it sound. But they have sources at fox too, so they try to play nice and cool. I get it, but their attitude is a bit assh*** sometimes, imho.

I still remember Jeff Sneider dropping that old scoop on New mutants saying the movie would include James Mcavoy and Alexandra Shipp, with Josh Boone himself revealing years later that the movie would be present day, and people involved in the movie revealing that there isnt any Mcavoy or Shipp in this movie.

#66 SumT, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  17. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

As much as I detest Simon Kinberg and how he’s failed upwards after delivering gems like X3, XXX, Jumper, This Means War, Fant4stic, as far as I’m concerned the people that think this movie will be straight-up canned by Disney are in the same boat as the people that think this movie win Oscars/will be the same quality as DOFP & Logan/will make Black Panther-type numbers. Fanboys be crazy.

psylockolussus likes this.
  18. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

i don't know if i'd say i think it'd be canned, but this scenario feels similar to the Fan4stic one.. and while we knew it was getting released, and it still have many more problems, i'm not quite so sure this film will come out in theaters.. and i think there's valid reasoning to why they may not. It feels very "well if it smells like..... then it probably is.... and i'm not sure anyone wants a repeat of that. As i said before this time around Disney has something to lose... and that's a major story plot in X-men lore, something they wont be able to so easily tell for another round that's more valuable than the loss they may inherit.

do i think it will be canned? i have no clue, do i want it to be? sure. I think we'd all be better off for it.. and it's the smarter move in the long run

19. The Infernal Mky Mk

Age of Aocalypse wasn't even told in the first place though. It was just a film with Apocalypse as the villain that told a different story. I think Age of Apocalypse could be an entire mcu phase itself. They could have all of most of the movies within the phase set in the alternate timeline of AoA.

20. Lip Registered

XMA took more elements from Fall of Mutants than Age of Apocalypse.

21. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

It did?

22. SumT Registered

the movie was the beggining of the Fall of the mutants on the big screen, thats for sure :funny:

Dark Phoenix being the ultimate fall

23. Drexelhand Registered

The X-Factor side of the crossover, not at all the Uncanny X-Men side, which dealt with the mystical threat of the Adversary and wasn't very mutant at all. It was essentially a story about how stopping Apocalypse turns X-Factor into publicly loved out-as-mutant superheroes.

24. SumT Registered

did Angel have a horrible role in that arc too or that was Kinberg's own ideas?

25. JP Smelly

ah, yes. but Slugzilla, a bogus SHH poster who has been feeding everyone in the New Mutants forum utter bs that they want to believe for a year is legit!

There is no merit to any of his nonsense. Disney LEGALLY has no say in anything Fox related until the deal closes. Fox can't LEGALLY shelve a 100+ million dollar movie.

And lastly, nothing about DP is out of the ordinary with past X-films. Every time we have a new film everyone complains about the marketing. Where is the trailer? Where is the teaser? etc etc. And then we get it (usually 5 months out) but everyone still complains come the next film like something is wrong.

The only difference this time is the pending Disney deal. So, what always happens every X-film (fans complaining that the trailer should come out. things are quiet, etc etc) is suddenly out of the ordinary when it's par-the-course.

Look, I'm the biggest Kinberg naysayer and I would love this film to be cancelled but that is not even a remote possibility. This is the most crack-smoking nonsense I've ever read on this forum. Get it together y'all!