X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Jul 26, 2018.

1. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Easy... if rumors are true that means disney has "some" input on "some" level. this film getting released limits the MCU x-men from telling one of if not the most important stories of X-men Mythology. So the potential for making more money on a film series they're likely acquiring, and having control over it.. without being limited on what storylines they can do.. that's pretty valuable.

2. SumT Registered

thats what she said months later or when promoting Apocalypse.

3. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

She didn't know she got the part until Singer announced it on Twitter.

It was a cool moment imo. Even though my Storm choice got past over for Shipp.

4. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

no, it means she auditioned. and found out due to the announcement via twitter. the twitter post happened before her agent called her and let her know

5. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Feige gives notes. We saw them when the Sony emails got leaked.

It was funny because they did the exact opposite of his suggestion

6. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

indeed. and its quite possible Feige and Disney's notes are strong arming. this film can realllllly push back a rebooted X-men universe.. and cause alot of trouble

1) if its bad.. it hurts the brand
    2) if the story is told, MCU won't retell it.
    3) if the film is great, then they're stuck with ticking off people in a recast and alienating a fanbase further.

7. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

These are my concerns.

Idc if marvel skips another DPS movie.

Redoing AoA is more important to me

8. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

well it's not like either of those stories would be told fresh out of the gate anyway. i think they'd wait on both of those a bit.

i can see Marvel Studios wanting to revisit the brotherhood first

i also see them reconnecting the ties of the twins to Magneto.

I wouldn't be shocked if they bring Aaron Johnson's Quicksilver back to life too.

i have a whole theory on what could happen in terms of Wanda's storyline and bringing mutants into the fold. I don't know enough about the Eternals to know how they'd do it.. seems off but i have other ideas

9. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

AvX & HoM will probably come first

10. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Who was your pic for Storm?

11. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

[​IMG]

She was my choice of the ppl I know of who auditioned

12. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I'm personally hoping for a reverse M-Day situation. That would be neat.

13. Jh7058622 Registered

Here's the thing though... Wanda doesn't have reality manipulating powers so... how?

Also the desperation of some on this thread is so transparent.:loco:

14. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Well there's only a handful of ppl who even come down to the bottom of this site to the X-Forums.

Once MCU boards open up the rest of the site will join in and we won't be arguing with same few ppl over n over

15. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

We just saw someone wipe out half the universe with a magic glove. The "how" is easy when **** like this happens in these movies, and there's an infinite number of options for anybody with even half of an imagination.

16. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Wow. Visually I would love her for the part (Plus as a guy, I admit I would simply like looking at her).

What’s her name? Would like to see what else she has acted in.

17. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

well they'd do a solo introductory film i'd assume first to re-establish them im sure it'd have ties to the MCU but i couldn't imagine a big film like that first.

though i could see them rewrite HoM in the way they wrote Civil War

My thought is what if Wanda upon her return... is a bit "changed" she watched her family die, her home city destroyed, her brother, she was manipulated by ultron, she was forced to kill her love, and then died herself. it would not be a shock to say upon her return that she may be a bit "Stressed"

I'd have upon everyone's return bring Pietro back, and her teammates show concern for he was not one of the ones killed via the infinity gauntlet, and no other lives returned from past deaths. Doctor Strange believes Wanda's connection with the Infinity Stones willed him back. They take them both under observation. Hank recommends an old friend of his look at them, a Moira McTaggert. Moira says she's seen there genetics before, it's rare, but her old College and flame Charles Xavier would answer all their questions. It's revealed that Mutants do exist and have for decades, but very few in numbers, so few that the "normal" looking ones can hide in plain site, those who are exposed just have people chalk it all up to "science experiments" (like Whizzer in Jessica Jones, Jessica herself, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Cloak and Dagger, etc.. its becoming more common) and those who look abormal have just become "tabloid fodder" equal to "alligators in the sewers" The Mutant Gene is what kept them alive during Struckers experiments and why they were the only survivors. It's also later revealed that another Mutant and college of Xavier, Erik is indeed their father. (they'd have to explain some day how/why he hasn't aged much since WWII though) Magneto used Mastermind to erase their memories and implant new ones, hoping to give them a better life (id say years before Age Of Ultron Magneto did something terrible, and Wanda and Pietro were mortified... and to ease them, Erik used Mastermind to erase everything and implant memories of their parents and parents. All of this would cause Wanda to go into full on meltdown mode... and rather than saying "no more mutants" she does the opposite. The mutant Gene is suddenly unlocked.. people who would never be mutants but carry the gene (Which wouldn't be activated for generations) now are suddenly becoming mutants... its random, but it would be fairly similar to the "potential slayers" in Buffy becoming full on Slayers. This major jump in evolution would create panic and fear among-st the human race, and also the influx would cause Charles to expand on his school. I'd also wager that the public would be very fearful of Wanda.. which would splinter Xavier and Magneto's relationship and Magneto would create the brotherhood

wanda's further story arch down the line would have her defy her father once again and go back to being a hero under the guidance of Doctor Strange and honing in on her abilities.

id make that roughly a 3 movie story arc for her character, through X-men/Avengers/Doctor Strange movies

18. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

me too, see my concept above :)

19. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Was she the French actress (Karidja Touré)? I'm not familiar with her but seems like she's got an accent? I'm just afraid it'll be a repeat of Omar Sy, which meant they had to turn Bishop, French.

I thought Shipp was good for what they were looking for. Singer/Kinberg were obviously not casting for a lead Storm, hence Alexandra, but her accent was good.

psylockolussus likes this.
  20. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

well she is connected to the infinity gems, the mind gem could of "unlocked" her and Pietro's mutant abilities generations before they'd actually manifest (think IM3 and how AIM's concept was using a part of your brain as an "upgrade" ) so if she could do that on a grand scale... its quite possible. Not only could she "unlock" the mutant gene early in a reverse "M day" but it's possible she could manipulate the Soul world or other infinity gems to bring Pietro back as well.

who knows what potential wanda has considering it was the mind stone that created her. her powers also seem to be greatly expanding it's interesting that it seems the Mind stone increased Wanda's "powers of the mind" while Pietro was given powers of the body. Both ultimately rooted to the brain, but Wanda can do a whole lot more with it. its possible she could use her telekenisis and visions to re-arrange molecules, and will things into existence. I mean.. in that sense she'd kinda be a god

21. Erik Lensherr Registered

Yannick Belzil @yannickbelzil

22. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Mantis actor's french accent wasn't that strong in gotg.

Plus being from France she's closer to the continent so her family maybe kept some of her African roots so maybe she could pull off the accent

23. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

24. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Is he including Dark Phoenix in "the last three X-men movies?"

First Class was not filmed at Mel's Studio's lol

psylockolussus likes this.
  25. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Not AvX first but I'm thinking the Avengers vs X-MEN will happen before 2030